Author Topic: Boy Floats Away In Balloon  (Read 8203 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Boy Floats Away In Balloon
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »
Since this seems to be the only thing CNN's Headline News Channel thinks is important enough to report on today, here's an update.  Daddy Dumbass might be in trouble with the Feds, too.

"We do anticipate at some point in the future, there will be some criminal charges filed with regards to this incident," Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden said.

"We certainly want to talk to FAA officials and federal officials to see if perhaps there aren't additional federal charges that would be more appropriate in the circumstances than what we're able to do locally," he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/17/colorado.balloon.boy/index.html#cnnSTCText
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2009, 02:54:58 PM »
At the very least , this family should pay for whatever emergency services were involved.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2009, 07:24:28 PM »
The sheriff is telling the press that he's considering felony charges against the father.   :popcorn:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2009, 11:20:28 PM »
If they had the kids in the car while chasing tornadoes there is a possibility of child endangerment. I think the sheriff should have investigated that some more before turning it over to CPS.  Once CPS gets their hooks into a family, they generally screw things up.

I remember watching them on wife swap and wondering when CPS would be called that is how utterly crazy the mom and dad are. I highly doubt it is just because of the hoax that they called CPS. 

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2009, 11:47:22 PM »
If they had the kids in the car while chasing tornadoes there is a possibility of child endangerment. I think the sheriff should have investigated that some more before turning it over to CPS.  Once CPS gets their hooks into a family, they generally screw things up.

My sentiments, exactly. There is the possibility of child endangerment, but read my new sig line.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson