Author Topic: CC Starting to overtake CU in activity  (Read 20571 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: CC Starting to overtake CU in activity
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2008, 01:11:47 AM »

I used to keep up with CU only insofar as comparing the number of people that were signed on there as compared to us.

I have even stopped doing that. 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2008, 01:21:14 AM »

I used to keep up with CU only insofar as comparing the number of people that were signed on there as compared to us.

Don't feel like a squiggling piece of a reclkless piece of pathetic dogshit.  Even I posted on CU this very night.  It was a first!  In the Dungeon.

I  told you you would fall flat on your face at CU.  :tongue:

I'm always right!!!!!!    :lmao:

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2008, 01:45:36 AM »

Don't feel like a squiggling piece of a reclkless piece of pathetic dogshit.  Even I posted on CU this very night.  It was a first!  In the Dungeon.

my being banned does interfere with any efforts I may have to keep up with the Gator Underground.

Offline Jack Pott

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2008, 07:18:49 AM »
It is an act.  The persona of gator is a big act.  I told everyone many times.  There isn't a genuine thing about it.  I even called it Street Theater. 

The point of it is it was out of hand.  Too out of hand.  It wasn't funny or amusing.  It was sick. 

yep.. i think it stopped being anywhere near 'funny' two years ago..

Everyone knows gator is a troll. The fact that CU allows a troll to act as an Administrator speaks volumes about the site...

PS.

Are you Finnish? (Your name is Finnish.) I'm asking this because I'm from Finland. Have you ever heard of the following Lauri?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_T%C3%B6rni

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2008, 08:09:45 AM »

my being banned does interfere with any efforts I may have to keep up with the Gator Underground.

I still check in and post some but it's pretty dead.  About half Ronbots, a few Old Reliables keeping their hands in, and the same unbanned total assholes that convinced me to leave in the first place, plus of course S. Downings guerrilla war on Ron Paul continues.  Aside from their poor reasoningn skills in candidate selection, some of the Ronbots are actually civil people and more desirable discussion partners than the assholes like LogansPapa, Feebmaster, and a couple of other Non Paul trolls.  Hasn't been much sign of Gator for awhile though, at least in any of the forums I check.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2008, 11:28:13 AM »

Are you Finnish? (Your name is Finnish.) I'm asking this because I'm from Finland. Have you ever heard of the following Lauri?:

Everything you start you should Finnish.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »
It is an act.  The persona of gator is a big act.  I told everyone many times.  There isn't a genuine thing about it.  I even called it Street Theater. 

The point of it is it was out of hand.  Too out of hand.  It wasn't funny or amusing.  It was sick. 

Everyone knows gator is a troll. The fact that CU allows a troll to act as an Administrator speaks volumes about the site...

PS.

no, I am quite southern, being from Texas and all  :cheersmate:

but that was interesting.. I have never heard of a guy with my name :-)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2008, 08:00:10 PM »

Everything you start you should Finnish.

Which is where the Russians failed at in '39.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2008, 08:06:45 PM »
CO as of now:

20 members and 40 guests
AprilRazz, Babylon, Bubbadawg, Coldwarrior, DeskJet, Doc Savage, Gina, lacarnut, M21, Marine_0206, mark1, movie buff, redwhit, Sonna2, SPYDER, wilbur, ZuzuPetals

as always, ronbots glowing for your amusement
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »
CO as of now:

20 members and 40 guests
AprilRazz, Babylon, Bubbadawg, Coldwarrior, DeskJet, Doc Savage, Gina, lacarnut, M21, Marine_0206, mark1, movie buff, redwhit, Sonna2, SPYDER, wilbur, ZuzuPetals

ZuzuPetals is not a Paulite.  Zuzu has been around for a long time and never posted.  I think Zuzu is a lurking DUmmie. 

Offline djones520

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2008, 04:45:04 AM »
CO as of now:

20 members and 40 guests

Sonna2 is not a Ronbot.  Thats Sonnabend.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Jack Pott

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2008, 08:49:37 AM »

You're Lauri from Texas? That's funny because Lauri is a very Finnish name. There can't be many Texans whose name is Lauri?! Where did you get your name? Do you have relatives who are from Finland? I'm asking this because there are a lot Americans whose grandfather (or similar) is originally from Finland (such as Pamela Anderson!).

By the way, John Wayne played a character who was based on Lauri Törni (aka Larry Thorne) in The Green Berets. There's info about it in the link that I posted.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »
I met a bunch of Finn military while on pass in Tel Aviv once. We had quite a bit of fun drinking with them and the Norwegians, altho there seemed to be some amount of animosity between the Finns and Norwegians.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Jack Pott

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2008, 09:08:11 AM »
Which is where the Russians failed at in '39.

That's right. My grandfather fought Russians in the Winter War. We didn't win the war, but we didn't lose either. We kept our indepence and that was a victory for us. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Finnish_War

I met a bunch of Finn military while on pass in Tel Aviv once. We had quite a bit of fun drinking with them and the Norwegians, altho there seemed to be some amount of animosity between the Finns and Norwegians.

We Finns like to drink. A lot. (I'm still trying to recover from what I drank on Saturday) If you come here in the summer you won't find a single person sober...

I don't know if there's animosity between Finns and Norwegians, but there is plenty of animosity between Finns and Swedes (but that's mostly playful animosity). We don't really hate them -- much...

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »
You're Lauri from Texas? That's funny because Lauri is a very Finnish name. There can't be many Texans whose name is Lauri?! Where did you get your name? Do you have relatives who are from Finland? I'm asking this because there are a lot Americans whose grandfather (or similar) is originally from Finland (such as Pamela Anderson!).

By the way, John Wayne played a character who was based on Lauri Törni (aka Larry Thorne) in The Green Berets. There's info about it in the link that I posted.

Most white people here in the states have European names, Jack. Take mine for instance, Kevin. Irish. Last name is Scottish. There really isn't an "American" name, maybe with the exception of hippies naming their kids Moon, Sun, Star, or some shit similar. Most Americans are mutts. I have Cherokee, German, Scottish, and Irish blood running through my veins. Some names include the Dyers, Durroughs, Grusendorfs, Kaisers, Dayberrys, and Burns.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2008, 02:41:11 PM »

Most white people here in the states have European names, Jack. Take mine for instance, Kevin. Irish. Last name is Scottish. There really isn't an "American" name, maybe with the exception of hippies naming their kids Moon, Sun, Star, or some shit similar. Most Americans are mutts. I have Cherokee, German, Scottish, and Irish blood running through my veins. Some names include the Dyers, Durroughs, Grusendorfs, Kaisers, Dayberrys, and Burns.
Hey, we have 2 Kevins from GA.  I'm glad to see that you still fly the REAL GA Flag.  But then again, so does most everybody else down here.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2008, 04:48:11 PM »
You mean like running Kharis off with his "NAPPY HEADED HO" comments?

That was certainly one of the events I was talking about, yes.  He stepped on it royally with her and proved totally incapable of being a man about it.

Damn shame. I liked Kharis.

Kharis is here as TKayOh

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2008, 04:52:16 PM »

PS.

Are you the Lauri from Houston who posted on RN?

Offline Lauri

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2008, 07:35:06 PM »

well, as the family story goes... my mom had two grandmother's she loved dearly; one was named Lauri.. the other was named Ann... so she put the names together and that's me. :-)

as for any Finnish relatives? i dont think so.. we go back several generations to Tennesee, almost to the 1700s.. before then, i really have no idea.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2008, 07:42:03 PM »

well, as the family story goes... my mom had two grandmother's she loved dearly; one was named Lauri.. the other was named Ann... so she put the names together and that's me. :-)

as for any Finnish relatives? i dont think so.. we go back several generations to Tennesee, almost to the 1700s.. before then, i really have no idea.

If that was the law, my name would be Byron Lowell Undies.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »

The Lauri from Houston is different from that Lauri. Also, it is spelled Lori.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2008, 08:14:03 PM »

The Lauri from Houston is different from that Lauri. Also, it is spelled Lori.

Lauri and Lori have two different pronunciations.

Offline Jack Pott

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2008, 06:04:48 AM »

Was Lauri your grandmother's first or last name (it's mostly used as a first name for males here in Finland, but there are people whose last name is Lauri)? I was wondering the name because Lauri is a very popular name here in Finland (Lauri Törni, for instance) but apparently it's a popular name elsewhere as well. You learn something new every day...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 06:24:02 AM by Jack Pott »