Current Events > The DUmpster

buzzy one gets owned by his new wrist-watch

(1/2) > >>

franksolich:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2610268

Hmmm.

The buzzy one, who only minutes ago got banned again at conservativeunderground:

--- Quote ---Buzz Clik  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 12:44 PM
Original message

So, my new watch comes with a 33-page instruction manual. Every page critical in its use.

Holy crapoli.

It's the Timex Ironman USB Datalink. They call it a PDA for your wrist. The 33 pages are for the manual operations of entering data on the watch. The software for the USB-interface has its own manual.

Damn.

What the heck. I need something to do on Wild Card Sunday.

after which a photograph of some superduper wrist-watch
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Th1onein  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-06-08 12:46 PM
Response to Original message

1. That's going to take more than a wild card Sunday!

I hope it's worth it to you.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Buzz Clik  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 12:49 PM
Response to Reply #1

3. Well, I have trouble keeping my complex calendar in my head ... and my PDA (which is also my Treo) is great, but if I miss the alarm for a meeting because the Treo is in its dock while I'm in the can or down the hall or whatever, then its a problem.

In other words, yes -- it's going to take a while to learn how to use, and I hope it's worth it.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---hlthe2b  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 12:55 PM
Response to Reply #3

5. I have a ten-plus year old Tag Heuer chronograph....

Love it because it is familiar, small, waterproof to 28 meters, and dependable. Yet, I rarely think to look at (or occasionally adjust) the little calendar window... For me, a watch is a watch (and jewlery, I suppose). Digital readouts are like white background noise to me...

Enjoy though... I DO like gadgets and gizmos-- just not on my wrist.

On edit, do report back how long it takes you to 'learn the ropes.' I still haven't learned all the ins and outs of my cell phone (pocket pc) or even my blackberry for work... I should take the time to learn how to really use at least one thing I own! LOL
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Buzz Clik  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 01:20 PM
Response to Reply #5

6. LOL! Great post. 

I will get back...

So far, I've learned how to use the alarms.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---winston61 (460 posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 12:48 PM

2. Casio G Shock

You could have gone with a Casio G Shock. Solar powered, atomic clock time setting, a lazy mans dream.

Still a thick users manual though.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Buzz Clik  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 12:54 PM
Response to Reply #2

4. Those are beautiful watches, no doubt. 

But, I need at least 8 alarms that I can set each day.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---BarbaRosa  (859 posts)      Sun Jan-06-08 01:34 PM

7. I have a Ironman datalink

The one in the software picture. The software isn't too difficult to use, and it holds a ton of data. I love mine, I often say everything I know is in my watch. This is my second datalink, I have a older one, the kind you hold facing the computer and the data transfers in a bar code fashion.

Oh yeah, Where did you get yours?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Texas Explorer  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-06-08 01:38 PM

8. If you ever find yourself at the bottom of a lake, you'll be glad first that the watch still works and then that you know how it works! =)

Oh...it's not a divers' watch? Nevermind.
--- End quote ---

The above's the whole campfire on Skins's island, but something bothers me.

If someone needs at least eight alarms a day, for whatever reason, might this not be a symptom of forgetfulness, which is a symptom of.....? 

Carl:
They all seem to be somehow involved in the nefarious pursuit of business.
How dare they serve the capitalist society. ::)

djones520:

--- Quote from: CarlR on January 06, 2008, 01:37:37 PM ---They all seem to be somehow involved in the nefarious pursuit of business.
How dare they serve the capitalist society. ::)

--- End quote ---

Wasn't one of them homeless?

VelvetElvis:

--- Quote from: franksolich on January 06, 2008, 01:20:43 PM ---

The above's the whole campfire on Skins's island, but something bothers me.

If someone needs at least eight alarms a day, for whatever reason, might this not be a symptom of forgetfulness, which is a symptom of.....? 

--- End quote ---

Frank, while you may be right about it being a symptom of ...?, I think it's actually more likely  a way for Buzzy to delude himself into thinking he's important and relevant to life outside his Mom's basement.  :noranger:

DixieBelle:
Do you really need an alarm to remind you to eat cheetos and hit the refresh button while logged on to DU?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version