Author Topic: A little wisdom from my father....  (Read 238 times)

Offline CC27

A little wisdom from my father....
« on: April 05, 2023, 08:13:57 AM »
Star Member PCIntern (23,648 posts)

A little wisdom from my father....

On this eve of Passover, I think of my departed family and their sayings, witticisms, and influences. This morning I thought about something my father had told me when I was in my teens, and that is that there is only one publication in America which always tells what it believes to be the truth to its readers without question.

And that paper is the Racing Form. The simple reason is that you cannot deliberately lie to gamblers, because they will never ever pay any attention to you ever again. It’s a rather fascinating concept that people who deal solely in the profession of acquiring money from others demand absolute fealty to the truth. The rest of us are willing to accept lies, hyperbole, propaganda, and other facsimiles of reality in order to feel better. I myself am guilty of this.

I mentioned this, because once again, I once again noticed the dichotomy of the Wall Street Journal in the rock-solid, accurate reporting of the business pages and news, versus their editorial board which reads like a right wing version of Pravda, or at least what Pravda used to read like. Fascinating. Once again you dare not lie to those involved in the acquisition of money, but you can feed their prejudices on their down-time.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217796143

So manic lately with this long posts  :whatever:

Offline SVPete

Re: A little wisdom from my father....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 09:07:04 AM »
On this eve of Passover, this is the wisdom Star Member PCIntern offers DU-folk?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: A little wisdom from my father....
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 09:17:18 AM »
On this eve of Passover, this is the wisdom Star Member PCIntern offers DU-folk?

PCInterns father was an idiot.

PCIntern is carrying on that tradition.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.