Author Topic: shadowy primitive expresses primitive collective subconscious  (Read 1166 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3013155

Man, I tell you, something big's coming down, and the collective subconscious of the primitives knows it.

I have no idea what it would be, but something's coming down.

And the primitives, being of lesser intellectual development, while feeling a certain sort of dread and foreboding, aren't sophisticated enough to articulate what it is.  The primitives can "feel" something's coming down, but can't describe what's coming down.

shadowknows69  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 10:48 AM
Original message

Is anyone else having just awful feelings lately or this morning? 

"By the pricking of my thumbs; something wicked this way comes"

It's mostly nonsensical primitive bibble-babble about some book, but the subconscious fear of the primitives shows, sweatingly:

shadowknows69  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 11:00 AM
Response to Reply #1

10. Maybe feelings of disaster, personal or public I don't know 

Convoluted feelings of dread, and horrible dreams of late.

Birthmark (1000+ posts)      Sat Mar-15-08 11:11 AM
Response to Reply #10

14. Well, it IS a bit Stephen King-ish out there

I wouldn't be surprised to run into Randall Flagg at the grocery, frankly. So, there is some justification for unease generally. Tough times ahead. Prepare as best you can.

shadowknows69  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 11:15 AM
Response to Reply #16

18. At this point if I give up giving up. 

I die a lot quicker. So it's a no brainer.

notadmblnd  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 10:54 AM
Response to Original message

6. I feel like I've been hanging on to the edge of a cliff by my fingertips

for many years now with absolutely no hope of anyone throwing me a rope to pull my self up by. I guess I forgot to wear my boots with the straps that day, so now I must suffer. As I hang here from the edge, one of the things I have noticed recently, is that, others are joining me in droves.

BoneDaddy (1000+ posts)     Sat Mar-15-08 11:07 AM

12. So be here now

Living in feelings of dread, real or imagined, is not a good place to be. Knocks your immunity, keeps us unconscious. Let it go. Spend some time in nature, with a child or another innocent being who is immune to the ills that plague the world. Enjoy the moment... breathe

B Calm  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 11:31 AM

26. Every time I get my Dean Witter investment statement I get ill.

Hmmm.  A primitive capitalist and speculator.

Isn't that, uh, somewhat against primitive mores?

blues90  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 02:26 PM

36. I've been having them for 1 1/2 years now 

I look around and see what looks to be normal outside , that is what's visable on the surface .

There is something very different in how things feel , like a disconnect and a hollow empty space .

It reminds me of how Malloy described a red oak tree he had cut down on his friday show . It was old and tall and looked alive on the outside but when they cut into the base the inside was hollow .

I walk around where I live or drive the streets but nothing feels the same and it is not me . Sometimes i get the feeling that people are just waiting to be marched into the furnace and don't know what to do about it . They do not talk or look others in the eye , they just go on with some sort of surreal purpose .

Kaleko (151 posts)      Sat Mar-15-08 02:57 PM

37. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I feel an ominous foreboding too. The global economy is on the verge of collapse; contagion spreading from the US to Europe, Asia... and onward ho!

I don't know what people are talking about when they say they're buying silver and gold. In coins or by the bucket load? Because gold & mining stocks will also be worthless paper soon?

Who wants to survive in a society that has completely collapsed with marauding thugs running the show?

And finally, a funny:

Peake  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 05:53 PM

40. I -usually- do. Which is why I am cultivating detachment and positive energy. 

Staying out of GDP is one of the finest spiritual acheivements of my life.

Who said primitives don't have a sense of humor?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: shadowy primitive expresses primitive collective subconscious
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 06:09:27 PM »
Perhaps they realize their stealth candidate has many problems and their well known one has more. :-)

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 06:16:53 PM »
OH for the love of all that is Holy  :yawn:

Someone please push them on over that cliff that they are dangling from and are on "the edge of".

This is part of their psychic capabilities..."I feel like something bad is about to happen!"  :ohnoes:

Then when something bad does happen, which could be just about anything, they can conveniently say that they "knew"  :whatever:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 08:45:57 PM »
blues90  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 02:26 PM

36. I've been having them for 1 1/2 years now 

I look around and see what looks to be normal outside , that is what's visable on the surface .

There is something very different in how things feel , like a disconnect and a hollow empty space .

It reminds me of how Malloy described a red oak tree he had cut down on his friday show . It was old and tall and looked alive on the outside but when they cut into the base the inside was hollow .

I walk around where I live or drive the streets but nothing feels the same and it is not me . Sometimes i get the feeling that people are just waiting to be marched into the furnace and don't know what to do about it . They do not talk or look others in the eye , they just go on with some sort of surreal purpose .

LOL So this guy basically lives in a '50s sci-fi/horror "B" movie. Which one was this, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers? Or maybe it's an old Twilight Zone episode. I can almost hear Rod Serling's narration:

"Submitted for your perusal, one Mr. blues90. Mr. 90 has awakened this morning at his usual time, in his usual bed, in his usual basement. But for him this day will be anything but usual. On this day, Mr. 90 will find something slightly out of kilter, slightly more surreal, slightly more disturbing. You see, on this morning Mr. 90 is not going to enjoy his normal breakfast of Cheetos and flat Diet Coke. He's about to take a detour from his normal path to the unemployment office, a path that will take him directly through....The DUmmy Zone. *cue music*
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 08:50:43 PM by dandi »
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 09:01:06 PM »
Peake  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 05:53 PM

40. I -usually- do. Which is why I am cultivating detachment and positive energy. 

Staying out of GDP is one of the finest spiritual acheivements of my life.

Y'all do realize that Peake is my DU mole, don't you?   ::)