Author Topic: Strident Anti-Obama Messages Flood Key States  (Read 1495 times)

Offline thundley4

Strident Anti-Obama Messages Flood Key States
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:45:38 PM »
SpartanDem (3,657 posts)

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. — To turn on the television, open the mail or drive down the highway here is to watch conservatives test the boundaries of how far they can go to disqualify President Obama.

Along the Interstate that connects the beach towns of Florida’s east coast, giant billboards show the president, whom some on the far right have falsely accused of being Muslim, bowing to a Saudi king. Another blares “Stop Obama!” and shows a nuclear warhead with “Iran” painted on it aimed at Israel, a particularly potent message with this area’s many Jewish voters.

This summer, a group of well-financed conservative activists had an idea for what they hoped would be a last-minute game changer in the presidential race. They would put out a DVD that made a compelling case against Mr. Obama in battleground states, sending it to voters through a carefully targeted direct mail campaign or as an insert in Sunday newspapers in the weeks before Election Day.

They went to the unusual length of arranging a focus group to test anti-Obama films. Conducted by Frank Luntz, the well-known Republican research analyst, a 30-person focus group looked at three choices: Dinesh D’Souza’s “2016: Obama’s America,” which theorizes that the president’s political beliefs were shaped by the radical “anticolonial” views of his Kenyan father; “The Hope and the Change,” a softer critique of the president that features interviews with disaffected former Obama supporters; and “Dreams From My Real Father,” which posits the implausible theory that the president’s real father is Mr. Davis, and that Mr. Davis indoctrinated him with Marxist views early on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/24/us/politics/strident-anti-obama-messages-flood-key-states.html?_r=0

If you're not a little scared for our democracy you're not paying attention.
  The Truth Hurts!

bluestateguy (39,260 posts)
3. Pretty unpatriotic to be going against the president when we have troops in the field

Disgusting.

Whose mole is that?

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Strident Anti-Obama Messages Flood Key States
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 11:51:15 PM »
3. Pretty unpatriotic to be going against the president when we have troops in the field

Disgusting.
How soon they forget.
Remember GWB, DUmbass? :loser: :bird:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 12:35:05 AM »
I dunno.

These anti-Barack Milhous messages seem pretty mild, or even neutral, as compared with the strident anti-Republican, anti-family values, anti-God, anti-American, anti-armed forces, anti-all that is good and decent, messages that have permeated our society and culture since the dawning of the Age of Aquarius nearly forty years ago.

It's nice to watch the sun set on the hippie era, the only problem being it's not setting fast enough.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 12:59:22 AM »
I dunno.

These anti-Barack Milhous messages seem pretty mild, or even neutral, as compared with the strident anti-Republican, anti-family values, anti-God, anti-American, anti-armed forces, anti-all that is good and decent, messages that have permeated our society and culture since the dawning of the Age of Aquarius nearly forty years ago.

It's nice to watch the sun set on the hippie era, the only problem being it's not setting fast enough.
I know you remember "rainbow boy" from the early part of the owsies.
Wonder what ever happened to the lad.
I'll bet mommy and daddy told him to cut the crap, or he would end up sleeping in the street.
I hate that freaking song, btw.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 12:57:50 PM »
IF only the DUches could get rid of both the First and Second Amendments.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Flufferlie

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »
How soon they forget.
Remember GWB, DUmbass? :loser: :bird:

I was about to say!
Me thinks they are the ones who suffer from Obamnesia.
The idiots. When that man became president suddenly they all forgot about Iraq and Afghanistan.
Haven't heard a liberal whine about Afghanistan in quite sometime.
 :hammer:
  "It has been said that politics is the
second oldest profession. I have learned that it
bears a striking resemblance to the first."

------------------------------------------

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not
that they are ignorant, but that they know
so much that isn't so."

- Ronald Reagan

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »
I dunno.

Frank, I do believe that you have just came up with the best arguement FOR Obumble Care yet!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 04:51:23 PM »

Strident Anti Obama Messages - how appropriated. Wasn't Strident a product that was used to wipe out acne? Now that I think about it that was Stridex. Any way the same principles are at work.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »
The nerve of the repukes to run adds and to try to win the election.  :mental:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »

Disgusting.

No one ever said it was unpatriotic to disagree with Pres. Bush. The argument was you shouldn't give aid and comfort to the enemy by standing up in front of cameras screaming "Illegal war!", falsely accusing the President and our troops of "war crimes", attributing all sorts of imaginary nefarious motives to the prosecution of said war, and traveling all over the world apologizing for being a citizen of this country and at the same time touting the "freedom fighters" who are trying to kill our soldiers. That is the kind of "going against the President", all for political purposes, that people took issue with. See the difference, shit-for-brains?

For once in your miserable, wretched, dumbass lives try to be honest.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 05:17:55 PM »
Well said! Hi5!

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »

Disgusting.

Is it really unpatriotic blueballsguy?

Does that mean that you're going to pop in on this DU thread (link) where your fellow DUmbasses were going against the president? Or are you just another DUmp hypocrite? I would bring that thread over, but there's too many photos.

What about this DU thread (link)?
From the above thread -
AmerDem   (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Wed Nov-17-04 05:31 PM
Original message
a couple of shrub jokes I came across
Q: Whats the biggest difference between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War?

A:Bush had a plan to get out of Vietnam.

Bush dies and meets St. Peter at Heavens Gate. St.Peter tells Bush he can go check out hell if he so pleases. Bush does so. In hell he see endless suburbs which have mansions with manicured lawns and SUV's in the driveways. He sees country clubs with lush green golf courses.

He goes to heaven and just sees people sitting around singing and playing harps and having discussions about spirituallity and philosphy.

Bush knows he can't play a harp and philosophy hurts his head so he asks to get sent to hell.

He goes to hell and just sees people chained to red hot rocks. "Where are all the manicured lawns SUV's and country clubs?" Bush asks the Devil.

"Well says the Devil "what you saw was my election campaign. Now you have to deal with my presidency."

Or what about when you yourself said the below about President Bush -
bluestateguy   (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Mon Oct-20-03 08:48 PM
Response to Original message
5. He's like an overobnoxious frat boy
I'm certain that I would not like him.
(link)

Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 07:02:49 PM »

Is dissent patriotic only when the person in the White House has a "D" after his name
?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »
Is dissent patriotic only when the person in the White House has a "D" after his name
?

Wouldn't that be, "only when the person in the White House as an "R" after his name?"
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »

Chris Matthews says it's racist!!!! to run against 0bama.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 02:01:03 AM »
Frank, I do believe that you have just came up with the best arguement FOR Obumble Care yet!

You're aware of course that the primitives had these fantastical notions about free medical care for all, where everybody'd have his own private hospital suite, physicians rubbing his back and registered nurses massaging his feet, a personal maid and valet for every room, the latest in electronic toys to play with, a five-star hospital menu, a vast buffet of pharmaceuticals from which one could pick-and-choose, and a free toaster and mink coat given upon dismissal.

Really, the primitives did think that.  And perhaps some of them still do.

The sad fact is the "baby boom" generation (which includes franksolich) is so enormous that giving only the basic medical care for free for only those over 65--forget about everybody else--could exceed the cost of all wars since the beginning of time.

So naturally it's not going to happen.  Too bad for the primitives, who can't die off fast enough to suit me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: Re: Strident Anti-Obama Messages Flood Key States
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 08:44:44 AM »
Wouldn't that be, "only when the person in the White House as an "R" after his name?"
my bad. You're right
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 09:04:31 AM »
to disqualify President Obama.

He's done just fine, TYVM.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »
This ad is running here in Hampton Roads...
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npj4qYaFbKg[/youtube]
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »

I've missed George W. Bush so much these last four years. I may not have always agreed with everything that he did, but he always seemed sincere. Especially when it came to our troops. Plus he seemed to truly love this country.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 05:45:11 AM »
I've missed George W. Bush so much these last four years. I may not have always agreed with everything that he did, but he always seemed sincere. Especially when it came to our troops. Plus he seemed to truly love this country.

The same thing always struck me. He was honest and sincere about his deepest beliefs, especially his love of his country - this contrasts dramatically with Pres. Obama (and with our own 'leaders', Blair and Cameron while we're at it).

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »

They should be running that one in all large military communities, i.e. NC (Fayetteville, Jacksonville), VA (Norfolk), WI (Ft McCoy)

I see it being absolutely devastating.

Offline Flufferlie

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »

Oh my goodness I know. Like when Bush served dinner and then ate with the troops on Thanksgiving. Or even the Port Authority Police Officer's badge a mother gave him that he always carried with him in his pocket for his whole presidency. Or even now, with the annual golf tournament he plays with the troops.
I will never forget that he visited the soldiers at Fort Hood the day after the attack without the Media knowing.
  "It has been said that politics is the
second oldest profession. I have learned that it
bears a striking resemblance to the first."

------------------------------------------

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not
that they are ignorant, but that they know
so much that isn't so."

- Ronald Reagan