Author Topic: What do you think would happen if Obama said "No tax releases....no debates."  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
swayne (78 posts)

What do you think would happen if Obama said "No tax releases....no debates."

I know this simplistic, but could Obama win point by doing this.

I think so.....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021006026

Auggie (14,475 posts)
1. It would be to Rmoney's advantage. Bad idea.

Poor fools think that 0bama will cream Romney in a debate.

Bluerthanblue (13,368 posts)
9. I agree- it would be lose-lose for us.

Romney will not do well in the debates, and giving him an out on releasing his taxes would also be to his advantage.

SoutherDem (2,076 posts)
5. Romney is easily rattled when off script

I think the debates will be a disaster. For Romney!

They project everything on to the repukes. 0bama can't order lunch without a prompter.

Once again DUmmies 0bama really doesn't need to talk about coming clean and releasing things from the past when he has a whole stack of files that he has spent millions on to seal.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Yeah, I want to see Obama refuse to participate in any debates.  The cacophony from both sides would be epic. :lmao:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Yeah, I want to see Obama refuse to participate in any debates.  The cacophony from both sides would be epic. :lmao:

The MSM would still find some way to declare him a genius for it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

SoutherDem (2,076 posts)
5. Romney is easily rattled when off script

I think the debates will be a disaster. For Romney!

OMG.  Has this DUmmie ever heard Obama answer questions and have to go off script?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I so want Romney to say with a smirk, "I'll release one year of tax returns for every college application, ACT,  year of grades and papers written while in college."  

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
I so want Romney to say with a smirk, "I'll release one year of tax returns for every college application, ACT,  year of grades and papers written while in college."  

Throw in the FF papers too since he hung them around his own neck with the privilege claim.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Throw in the FF papers too since he hung them around his own neck with the privilege claim.

Speaking of which, has Rep Issa decided to ask O if his claim of EP re: F&F is acknowedging that O was complicit in the deaths of 2 federal agents and God only knows how many Mexican citizens, or if he's just covering up for his friends?

Offline Karin

I forget who said it, but zero's team has been attempting to wean him off that prompter, in view of the debates.  It was during such a weaning session that he let slip his "you didn't build that" crap. 

We've all heard him stutter and stammer and uh and er and ramble when he goes off TOTUS.  The debates may be quite painful to watch.   A good kind of pain.   :-)

As for the tax returns, I don't think there's a damn thing in there besides a rich dude.  McCain went over them with a fine tooth comb, saying they were complicated but clean.  In the time since, does anyone really think this boyscout suddenly became a tax cheat? 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Go ahead, let Axelrod threaten it.  Let Obama refuse to debate.

And we'll see a huge landslide in November.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!

It's really sad that the DUmpmonkeys actually like the idea of rehiring a guy that can't hack it in debates.  You would think they would want the most qualified for the position and debating can sometimes be the tipping point for voters.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I forget who said it, but zero's team has been attempting to wean him off that prompter, in view of the debates.  It was during such a weaning session that he let slip his "you didn't build that" crap. 

We've all heard him stutter and stammer and uh and er and ramble when he goes off TOTUS.  The debates may be quite painful to watch.   A good kind of pain.   :-)

As for the tax returns, I don't think there's a damn thing in there besides a rich dude.  McCain went over them with a fine tooth comb, saying they were complicated but clean.  In the time since, does anyone really think this boyscout suddenly became a tax cheat? 

The 'You didn't build that' claim is exactly what I expect to see Obama sling at Romney during the debates as an attempt to minimize Romney's accomplishments with Bain, Olympics, etc. as well as an attempt to paint Romney's fortune as somehow 'ill gotten'..

..from what is clearly the 'tax-cheatingest' administration ever..

Once again, Odrama - you managed to shoot off your own foot.

By defending (or simply ignoring) your cheating czars and advisers, you have made the issue entirely unimportant to the American people. Your administration has also made living off the gub-mint "noble" -That's why this has no traction.

If you enforced that everyone paid their fair share of taxes, people would care about someone possibly cheating. If you actually purged the cheaters from your offices, or even made an example out of cheaters who are Democrat supporting (W. Buffet) - then people would see that fairness is important to you.

But instead, team Obama has started the 'Tax Cheat' whisper campaign against Romney, that nobody really cares about, because the Obama administration obviously doesn't care about it either..At least when it concerns taxes involving wealthy Democrats, or Obama's voting base.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom

And platitudes just aren't going to be good enough this election.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
swayne (78 posts)

What do you think would happen if Obama said "No tax releases....no debates."

Romney would win by 5-8%
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Romney would win by 5-8%

I say Barry looses by 6%, vs. the 10% he'll loose by when he opens his mouth and spews his ignorance in a debate like he did in Roanoke.

Barry hasn't learned that it's better to keep your mouth shut, and let people THINK you're a fool, than to open it, and remove all doubts.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I say Barry looses by 6%, vs. the 10% he'll loose by when he opens his mouth and spews his ignorance in a debate like he did in Roanoke.

Barry hasn't learned that it's better to keep your mouth shut, and let people THINK you're a fool, than to open it, and remove all doubts.

I, too, think that Teh Obamessiah will lose by anywhere from 5%-10%.  It'll be close until the last few weeks, a la Reagan/Carter 1980.  It'd be awesome if Obama lost by more than the margin he beat McCain by in 2008. :yahoo:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
I, too, think that Teh Obamessiah will lose by anywhere from 5%-10%.  It'll be close until the last few weeks, a la Reagan/Carter 1980.  It'd be awesome if Obama lost by more than the margin he beat McCain by in 2008. :yahoo:

TOTALLY!!!!   :cheersmate:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Kyle Ricky

If obama declined to do the debates, Lawrence O'donell would come out and say that he is the biggest winner for the night.

I still want to see obama's records. When I do see them, I will worry about Romney's tax returns.

Offline Delmar

All that the dems want is evidence of a rich dude.  What the dems are looking for is something they can point to like this: 

Oh look, Romney took a write off for the depreciation on his Rolls Royce.

I don't know if things like that go into tax returns, but you get the idea, they figure there is something in there that they can use to inflame the class hatred.

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Obama/Romney Debate from ABC News:

George Stephanopoulos: Welcome to the 1st Presidential Debate, I'd like to introduce the panel, 1st we have Brian Ross, then we have Diane Sawyer. Here are the debate rules, President Obama will get 2 minutes to answer a question and Governor Romney will get 30 seconds to answer a question, for rebuttals President Obama will get 1 minute, Mitt Romney will get 15 seconds.

Now to the questions

George Stephanopoulos:-Mr. President, that's a very nice tie you're wearing, did your wife purchase it for you?

President Obama: Yes George she did, she umm umm umm went to Target and picked this umm umm umm out for me, oh wait, she didn't go to umm umm umm Target, I forgot they don't provide same sex benefits, she umm umm umm bought it at the Obama Campaign Store

George Stephanopoulos: Governor Romney, do you like President Obama's tie?

Governor Romney: Yes George it's a nice tie, but I was hoping..............

George Stephanopoulos: Times up Governor, Diane Sawyer will ask the Governor a question

Diane Sawyer: Thank You George, Governor Romney please tell us why you feel entitled to take the job of Presidency from a Black Man?

Governor Romney: I want to take the job of President, it really shouldn't matter what color the person in the position is.........

Diane Sawyer: Times up Governor, President Obama, before you start your rebuttal I just need to say how much I adore you

President Obama: Why thank you umm umm umm Debbie <cue Obama smile here> you look like you're blushing Debbie umm umm umm, and may I say you all look so good up there on the panel

Audience: Rousing applause and standing ovation

Diane Sawyer: Thank you Mr. President, now Brian Ross to ask the next question

Brian Ross: Mr. President, what do you think of the Tea Party?

President Obama: Well Brian, I umm umm umm have to say I like it, I'm partial to green tea but I've also had regular tea and I umm umm umm like that taste too <cue Obama smile here>

George Stephanopoulos: He's just so adorable isn't he?

Brian Ross: Governor your rebuttal

Governor Romney: Are you guys serious? ties and tea? anyone care about the economy?

George Stephanopoulos: Governor, you don't have to be so rude

Governor Romney: Rude? talking about issues important to Americans is rude?

Diane Sawyer: Yes it is Governor

President Obama: Thank You Debbie <cue Obama smile here>

George Stephanopoulos: I think he likes you Debbie, now onto the next question to Governor Romney, Governor why won't you release more of your tax returns?

Governor Romney: Because the issue isn't taxes, it's class warfare, and I'm doing the same thing past Presidents have done, ask the President why he won't release his College Transcripts and Health Records

George Stephanopoulos: Absolutely not Governor, this forum isn't to talk about the issues, we don't want to make President Obama look foolish

President Obama: Thank You George <cue Obama smile here>

George Stephanopoulos: Well OK, the debate is over, thank you Mr. President, yeah, and thank you Governor

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:26:50 PM by Ballygrl »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

Obama/Romney Debate from ABC News:

George Stephanopoulos: Welcome to the 1st Presidential Debate, I'd like to introduce the panel, 1st we have Brian Ross, then we have Diane Sawyer. Here are the debate rules, President Obama will get 2 minutes to answer a question and Governor Romney will get 30 seconds to answer a question, for rebuttals President Obama will get 1 minute, Mitt Romney will get 15 seconds.

Now to the questions

George Stephanopoulos:-Mr. President, that's a very nice tie you're wearing, did your wife purchase it for you?

President Obama: Yes George she did, she umm umm umm went to Target and picked this umm umm umm out for me, oh wait, she didn't go to umm umm umm Target, I forgot they don't provide same sex benefits, she umm umm umm bought it at the Obama Campaign Store

George Stephanopoulos: Governor Romney, do you like President Obama's tie?

Governor Romney: Yes George it's a nice tie, but I was hoping..............

George Stephanopoulos: Times up Governor, Diane Sawyer will ask the Governor a question

Diane Sawyer: Thank You George, Governor Romney please tell us why you feel entitled to take the job of Presidency from a Black Man?

Governor Romney: I want to take the job of President, it really shouldn't matter what color the person in the position is.........

Diane Sawyer: Times up Governor, President Obama, before you start your rebuttal I just need to say how much I adore you

President Obama: Why thank you umm umm umm Debbie <cue Obama smile here> you look like you're blushing Debbie umm umm umm, and may I say you all look so good up there on the panel

Audience: Rousing applause and standing ovation

Diane Sawyer: Thank you Mr. President, now Brian Ross to ask the next question

Brian Ross: Mr. President, what do you think of the Tea Party?

President Obama: Well Brian, I umm umm umm have to say I like it, I'm partial to green tea but I've also had regular tea and I umm umm umm like that taste too <cue Obama smile here>

George Stephanopoulos: He's just so adorable isn't he?

Brian Ross: Governor your rebuttal

Governor Romney: Are you guys serious? ties and tea? anyone care about the economy?

George Stephanopoulos: Governor, you don't have to be so rude

Governor Romney: Rude? talking about issues important to Americans is rude?

Diane Sawyer: Yes it is Governor

President Obama: Thank You Debbie <cue Obama smile here>

George Stephanopoulos: I think he likes you Debbie, now onto the next question to Governor Romney, Governor why won't you release more of your tax returns?

Governor Romney: Because the issue isn't taxes, it's class warfare, and I'm doing the same thing past Presidents have done, ask the President why he won't release his College Transcripts and Health Records

George Stephanopoulos: Absolutely not Governor, this forum isn't to talk about the issues, we don't want to make President Obama look foolish

President Obama: Thank You George <cue Obama smile here>

George Stephanopoulos: Well OK, the debate is over, thank you Mr. President, yeah, and thank you Governor

:hi5:  If the old media had their way, that is what the debate would be like.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
:hi5:  If the old media had their way, that is what the debate would be like.

You know damn well that the media will be talking to the Obama campaign to see how to proceed with the debates to make Obama look as good as possible.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
That is pretty much exactly how the debate will go if George Snuffleupagus and Co. end up 'moderating' it.

Offline Kyle Ricky

You know damn well that the media will be talking to the Obama campaign to see how to proceed with the debates to make Obama look as good as possible.

That is a given.