Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss The Copenhagen Gorescam  (Read 1827 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: DUmmies Discuss The Copenhagen Gorescam
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
I went to one scifi convention too. 

I have never been to a convention, although I did get to sit in Picard's captains chair. It was won by someone in the area, who ended up putting it on display at a video game shop in an area mall - surrounded by ropes to keep people away from it.

Well, it turns out that a good friend of ours worked at the store it was displayed in, and he was closing that night - there are photographs of me, the missus, and a few other friends in the chair. It was roomy, but surprisingly uncomfortable. the fake glass touchscreen in the arm of the chair was still there, lit up by a small light. no beeps. all the magic lost.  Someone made a comment, I forget who, about the chair being filled with Patrick Stewart's beer farts - that was the highlight of the evening.

Offline Karin

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 10:25:01 AM »
I weep for humanity

Ya do, do you?  Well, your bitter tears are sweet elixar to me.  Ever hear of Bill McKibbon, who recently made a fool out of himself by posting a story about him bawling for an hour at a Copenhagen church over the planet?   I mean like a baby.  You should see the comments in response.   :lmao:

How come Gregorian didn't get out his handy calculator and determine how much damage was done by all those douchebags flying over there on private jets, and tooling around in limos?  Also, of all the vast wide world of manufactured objects, why did he pick on "dental devices."  It's very, very odd, isn't it? 

Offline Duchess

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 11:06:51 AM »
Where do they get their information? I read an article, it may have Lord Monckton but I'm not sure, that humans only produce 3% as much CO2 in a year as the eruption of one volcano in one day does. Considering the leaked emails, I'd trust the source I read over whatever one the Dummies are using.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2009, 12:55:37 PM »
Gregorian  (1000+ posts)        Fri Dec-18-09 11:35 PM
30. Big changes would require sacrifices nobody is willing to make. 
Anyone who understands the full extent of carbon emissions by modern societies knows that we cannot make a dent in emissions without serious sacrifices. And one of those is untouchable. Unmentionable. No one will even discuss it. Population must decrease. That is first and foremost. And it most likely wasn't even mentioned at the summit.

We're in deep trouble. I posted engine manufacturing plant videos from World War 2 factories some time ago. Just that period of our history caused monstrous emissions. The Berlin airlift? It had to be done. But the emissions? Good god! A billion gallons of fuel for the Iraq war a year ago, was what I calculated.

Every trip to the market in 1950. Every yo-yo ever produced. Every movie production crew and transportation. Every dental device being manufactured and transported. Every cubic yard of cement mined and refined.

It's mind boggling. And if the population were small enough it wouldn't be overwhelming the planet. But in combination it's the end of the ecosystem.

I can't even communicate it. But as long as we're burning fuel to do stuff for us, and this many of us are doing it, then we're in trouble. And two billion people are just joining the club. It's going to get worse before anything happens to make it better. I don't have much hope.

Your buddy must have been Hitler. After all he sure as hell did his part. Sounds like the same drivel he was putting forward to "save' the world. Nice friends you have hangin' around.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chump

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
Remember kiddies, it's down the road, not across the street.  Make it count, for Gaia.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 04:54:14 PM »
Quote from:
Canuckistanian 

Copenhagen is an absolute ******* disaster

The final draft is still being written, but it looks like a total WASTE of time.

There are no clearly defined targets. EVERYTHING is voluntary. Developing countries are furious. The US again failed to show leadership.

And Canada, my country, was judged as one of the WORST offenders for total inaction and the insistence on developing the oilsands petroleum hellhole.

Already, environmental groups are calling it "Copenfailure".

I can't tell you how bitterly disappointed I am. I weep for humanity.

Since when have liberals cared about humanity?

Were you actually stupid enough to believe the Chinese would be willing to cut back on their emmissions?  Please, idiot.  They're a developing nation who have every intent on burning more oil than you can ever imagine.  I'd love for some of you enviro-kooks to go there and protest.  I look forward to laughing at the videos of you being summarily executed.

The conference gave a standing ovation to Chavez.  Nuff said.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.