Author Topic: The Biden Administration Rejected an October Proposal for "Free Rapid Tests for  (Read 430 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216179295

WhiskeyGrinder
The Biden Administration Rejected an October Proposal for "Free Rapid Tests for the Holidays"

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12/the-biden-administration-rejected-an-october-proposal-for-free-rapid-tests-for-the-holidays

On October 22, a group of COVID-19 testing experts joined a Zoom call with officials from the Biden administration and presented a strategy for overhauling America’s approach to testing.

The 10-page plan, which Vanity Fair has obtained, would enable the U.S. to finally do what many other countries had already done: Put rapid at-home COVID-19 testing into the hands of average citizens, allowing them to screen themselves in real time and thereby help reduce transmission. The plan called for an estimated 732 million tests per month, a number that would require a major ramp-up of manufacturing capacity. It also recommended, right on the first page, a nationwide “Testing Surge to Prevent Holiday COVID Surge.”

The plan, in effect, was a blueprint for how to avoid what is happening at this very moment—endless lines of desperate Americans clamoring for tests in order to safeguard holiday gatherings, just as COVID-19 is exploding again. Yesterday, President Biden told David Muir of ABC News, “I wish I had thought about ordering” 500 million at-home tests “two months ago.” But the proposal shared at the meeting in October, disclosed here for the first time, included a “Bold Plan for Impact” and a provision for “Every American Household to Receive Free Rapid Tests for the Holidays/New Year.”

Three days after the meeting, on October 25, the COVID-19 testing experts—who hailed from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, the Rockefeller Foundation, the COVID Collaborative, and several other organizations—received a back channel communication from a White House official. Their big, bold idea for free home tests for all Americans to avoid a holiday surge, they were told, was dead. That day, the administration instead announced an initiative to move rapid home tests more swiftly through the FDA’s regulatory approval process.

Well now …

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Boy, they’d be screaming bloody murder if this were a Republican president.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Boy, they’d be screaming bloody murder if this were a Republican president.

They did, have, and still are. None of this is Biden’s problem, didn’t you know that?  If Trump had done … something … the virus would never have come here. Never mind Pelosi telling folks to come to China town to party, it’s still ALL Trump’s fault and Biden is the cleanup guy. LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Several points:

* This means there has been Zero Preparation for LIEden's 500M Freebies. This is in abject contrast to OWS' preparation for Covid vaccine distribution, in which companies produced large quantities of vaccine in advance of authorization, contracts were issued months in advance to produce vials, syringes, needles, and other disposables, and production and fill/finish contract manufacturers lined up;

* Zero Preparation means the Gastropodic Bureaucrats have done nothing toward purchasing LIEden's 500M Freebies, which will take several weeks;

* Zero Preparation means no new capacity was brought online, and LIEden's 500M Freebies will either have to be produced in addition to and/or taken from current volume;

* Stores that current have tests in stock or on order will have to scramble to avoid being stuck with worthless dead stock or not having enough in stock during the delay between LIEden's pronouncement and LIEden's 500M Freebies starting to be distributed;

* By the time LIEden's 500M Freebies start being distributed the Panic of the Month Moronic Variant will be Rho or Sigma.

That is all.  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

They did, have, and still are. None of this is Biden’s problem, didn’t you know that?  If Trump had done … something … the virus would never have come here. Never mind Pelosi telling folks to come to China town to party, it’s still ALL Trump’s fault and Biden is the cleanup guy. LOL

KC

a lame attempt to shield brandon from his short sightedness...
jimfields33 (8,388 posts)

1. Did a crystal ball come with the plan?

It’s not easy. Had President Biden done this and nothing happened, he’d be criticized for being too cautious. No win here.

Think back to how the DUmmies blame GWB for not doing anything prior to 9/11 when he received a briefing of a vague terrorist theat on the horizon

or how the DUmp refers to the chi-vi as Trump's virus because he didn't do "something" in time to prevent this from entering the Country when the fact is the virus was already in the Country by the time anyone knew there was a problem.

Now this DUmmy is trying to shrug it off saying that there is no way brandon could have known and would be criticized if he was overly cautious

and I'm actually surprised that the original post was made at the DUmp considering how poorly it reflects on brandon's inability to plan for the worse.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Delmar

The replies are a litany of excuses to explain away the bumbling of the doddering old shitgibbon pResident.

Heck of a job Brandon!
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

The replies are a litany of excuses to explain away the bumbling of the doddering old shitgibbon pResident.

Heck of a job Brandon!

Nothing's perfect, but Trump's Covid Task Force had people with experience ranging from medicine to logistics to project planning (something with which he also had experience). LIEden's Kovid Klown-Krew were mostly "public health" bureaucrats with little practical experience in planning and carrying out any sort of large scale project. After last winter's Alpha/Beta surge and the somewhat lesser (especially in deaths!) summer Delta surge, the only thing unpredictable about the next possible surge was what Greek letter would be its name. In plain English: The Omicron surge was predictable, months ago; LIEden didn't prepare. The 500M "free" tests are a meaningless PR smokescreen-stunt.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

Nothing's perfect, but Trump's Covid Task Force had people with experience ranging from medicine to logistics to project planning (something with which he also had experience). LIEden's Kovid Klown-Krew were mostly "public health" bureaucrats with little practical experience in planning and carrying out any sort of large scale project. After last winter's Alpha/Beta surge and the somewhat lesser (especially in deaths!) summer Delta surge, the only thing unpredictable about the next possible surge was what Greek letter would be its name. In plain English: The Omicron surge was predictable, months ago; LIEden didn't prepare. The 500M "free" tests are a meaningless PR smokescreen-stunt.

Having people with experience ranging from medicine to logistics to project planning is one way of approaching the problem but Sleepy Joe thought it would be better to put a lobbyist/bagman in charge of his Kovid Klown Krew.  Now we are seeing how that is working out.

Ronald Alan Klain is an American attorney, political consultant, and former lobbyist serving as White House chief of staff under President Joe Biden.
Biden campaign and administration[edit]

During the 2020 Biden campaign, Klain served as an advisor on the Covid-19 pandemic.[39] In April 2020 he told Wired: "If we’re going to make Covid-19 go away, we’re going to need a very high vaccination rate. The number one public health challenge of 2021 is going to be getting people to take the vaccine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Klain
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DLR Pyro

Having people with experience ranging from medicine to logistics to project planning is one way of approaching the problem but Sleepy Joe thought it would be better to put a lobbyist/bagman in charge of his Kovid Klown Krew.  Now we are seeing how that is working out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Klain
the entire democrat party thinks that screaching "SCIENCE! SCIENCE! SCIENCE!" will show to the world how "seriously" they take this,  how "concerned they are about it and how morally and intellectually superior they are to the republicans.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Identity politics will get you exactly what we have. Identity over experience …

KC

*Stolen