Author Topic: VIDEO: Did Donors Ditch DeSantis Due to Steve Kane Radio Show?  (Read 113 times)

Offline pjcomix

It is hard to overestimate the effect of the Steve Kane Radio Show on the politics of Florida in general and South Florida in particular. No other show has been a bigger supporter of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. Therefore when the show's co-host, Brian Craig, began criticizing DeSantis recently when it looked like he might run against President Donald Trump, it had a big effect. Why? Because not only do many DeSantis donors listen to the Steve Kane Radio Show but Ron DeSantis himself is also well aware of the influence of the show.

In fact, last October when DeSantis held a YUUUGE campaign rally at Wings Plus restaurant in Coral Springs, there was room for only a few to actually enter the restaurant with an overflow crowd of thousands outside where DeSantis spoke from a stage. When I arrived there and saw the situation I groaned inwardly since this would mean spending hours standing on my feet. Begging the DeSantis campaign people to let me enter Wings Plus did no good since they said that would be impossible. I therefore looked forward to suffering sore feet until Brian Craig came outside and just a quick word from him was enough for the campaign folks to change their minds and wave me into Wings Plus.

Brian had his own table there which was great. After feasting on the fantastic wings and fries, I sort of cheated on my diet by surreptitiously stealing fries off the plates of others at Brian's table. Anyway, leaving aside my pathetic activities inside the restaurant, that gives you an idea of the political influence of the Steve Kane Radio Show in Florida. So when the listeners of that show gave thumbs down to a possible campaign against President Trump by DeSantis, it definitely had an impact on the DeSantis donors.

p.s. My wife who is from South America calls the governor "Dos Santos." The funny thing is when I say "DeSantis" to her she doesn't know who I am talking about until I "correct" it to "Dos Santos."

https://rumble.com/v2f137q-did-donors-ditch-desantis-due-to-steve-kane-radio-show.html