Author Topic: I know there has been idle chatter about it,  (Read 490 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I know there has been idle chatter about it,
« on: March 23, 2023, 08:23:00 AM »
Star Member Stinky The Clown (66,044 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217751780

I know there has been idle chatter about it, but it seems to be growing more real.

Civil war or national breakup.

Yeah, I know, it can't be done because of laws. Until it does.

The right has felt white hot hatred for us. And now, many on our side reciprocate that same intense hate.

If red states and blue states were a married couple, the reason for their divorce would be irreconcilable differences.

If you look at a map, the lightly populated flyover states, joined with the southeast and Tejas form a solid block. Illinois and Michigan are cut off from the blue west and upper east coasts.wation so badly splite could connect all the blue states if we could convince Canada to adopt us.

Anyway, lots of musing, but am I alone in seeing our nation on the brink of crisis?

The fallacy is that there are only bright blue enclaves in those 'blue states' Most of the state is actually red--- surrounding dem controlled cities...

So... yeah... keep thinking you'd do fine in a civil war.

Star Member NewHendoLib (58,187 posts)

1. After the Civil War, it went somewhat covert - but the schism is indeed becoming overt with the last set of republican so-called presidents, and the right wing noise machine, all playing catalytic roles.

:???:

Star Member bamagal62 (2,641 posts)

8. Parts of us should merge with Canada!

But, at the very least, just let the southern states just go their own. We would save money not sending them funding

all the resource producing states... South, Mid West, West.... are all red.

joemacdawson (53 posts)

11. Canada

Haha. You’d have to make a few adjustments. Like free healthcare and a love of hockey. And you’d have to learn what Poutine is. Sounds gross but delish.

Star Member brush (46,891 posts)

6. If any state listens to dumb ass MTG and her talk of a national divorce...we need to eject them from the union for being so stupid.

And they will no longer get the federal money (from blue states) they get from the treasury...way more than they contribute. Not to mention all the military installations, post offices and other federal property within their borders they will lose.

And their citizens will not be able to drive or fly through blue states without going through the whole visa application process. Since they want to be pains in the ass, we can be pains in the ass too.

And your idea of petitioning Canada to annex us is not a bad idea. Our west coast blue states are contiguous...California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington, which borders Canada. Same situation exists with the blue great lake stated of Michigan and Illinois. Then there are contiguous, blue north eastern states and eastern seaboard states (to include DC, itself.

The red traitor states don't have to go home but they won't be able to stay in DC. They can set up their own capitol like before. Richmond is available again I hear..

A gain I say let's eject the red traitors since they want to go so bad..

They don't get this:

is why their idea won't work...

Star Member roamer65 (33,974 posts)

7. It's all riding on next year's election.

Last edited Thu Mar 23, 2023, 02:03 AM - Edit history (1)

As far as Michigan, we are becoming more like Ontario day by day.

…and less like TX day by day.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where this is heading, IMO.

No, you aren’t alone.

Star Member multigraincracker (29,791 posts)

9. It's not by state as much as its

urban vs rural. There is a break up in every state.

Star Member Sky Jewels (3,302 posts)

13. Personally, I've felt white-hot hatred towards the right since I was 14.

That’s when I became politically aware, because of that mfer Reagan.

:mental:

Star Member viva la (2,191 posts)

15. What about Atlanta...

Columbus....Indianapolis.... blue cities in red states? If their economic activity is taken out if their states, the states would be bankrupt. But how do we carve out the cities in the middle of the state?

:loser:

Star Member DFW (50,529 posts)

16. In Texas, over five million people voted for Joe Biden

Less than six million voted for Trump.

That is a LOT OF Democrats to write off.

If you want the shortest civil war in history, blow up Fox Noise.

Without having their minds made up for them 24/7, maybe 40 million American voters might start using their brains again, and no war would be necessary. The hate would dissipate like fog under a noonday sun.

::)

Star Member FakeNoose (28,362 posts)

24. Democrats, educated and liberal-thinking people live everywhere in the USA

In most cities, Democrats are in the majority even if the state is "red." That's how it is.

Should we stop educating Americans?

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: I know there has been idle chatter about it,
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 08:59:46 AM »
https://balancingeverything.com/most-federally-dependent-states/

Which States Pay the Most Federal Taxes?

In 2017, California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Illinois paid the highest amount in federal taxes by state. California paid $234.49 billion, followed by New York with $140.51 billion, and Texas with $133.41 billion. Florida and Illinois contributed $116.97 billion and $67.18 billion.

California is also the state that receives the highest federal funding and has the most Medicaid participants in the US. New York is the second state with the most Medicaid users. Other than that, all the jurisdictions mentioned above have reasonable rankings when comparing states by federal aid funding vs taxes paid.

(MoneyRates)

Do Red States Receive More Welfare?
Red states are more federally dependent states than blue states. Blue states, however, underperformed in other aspects. Below, we’ll analyze the leaders in each category and see whether red or blue states benefit the most. Please note that the categorization is based on the 2020 presidential election results.

Federal Aid by State

California (B), Texas (R), and Florida (R) get the most in total federal funding.
Virginia (B), Kentucky (R), and New Mexico (B) get the most in federal funding per resident.

In this category, the blues dominate as the most federally dependent states. Out of the ten states leading in the most funding per resident, four are red. Democrat states like New York, California, and Illinois are among those that pay the most in federal taxes.

Government Assistance Programs by State

New Mexico (B), Louisiana (R), and West Virginia (R) have the most food stamps recipients per capita.
California (B), New York (B), and Texas (R) have the highest Medicaid and CHIP enrollment.
Massachusetts (B), Washington (B), and Minnesota (B) have the highest max unemployment benefits.
Wyoming (R), Alaska (R), and Louisiana (R) have the highest federal aid as a share of state revenue rates.

Republican states are in a worse position when it comes to states that receive the most welfare, with eight out of the bottom 10 states with the lowest welfare assistance boasting the red color. Democrat states like Massachusetts and Washington lead in the max unemployment benefits. However, these two are also leading tax donor states, so they contribute as much as they take.

Government Contracts, Grants, and Jobs

Virginia (B), Texas (R), and California (B) get the most money through federal contracts.
California (B), New York (B), and Texas (R) receive the most funds through federal grants.

Maryland (B), Virginia (B), and Hawaii (B) have the highest share of government jobs.
In this category, blue states seem to get more from the government. Republican states meanwhile lead the way in contracts received, while Democrat states get the highest funding through grants.

(New York Times, MoneyRates)

The Bottom Line

The United States has a division of donor states vs subsidized states. The first pay the most in federal taxes, while the latter spend more than they contribute. Some of the most federally dependent states include California and New Mexico, with most SNAP participants or Medicaid enrollment, respectively. Wyoming, however, doesn’t get a lot of federal business, unlike Virginia and Texas. Still, this concept goes beyond who gets the most federal funding by state. There are many other factors in play, and that’s why the situation in every state must be individually analyzed.

Just sayin'

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 10:34:24 AM »
One of the democrat party's bigger lies, and there are so many, is that blue states pay more and support red states when quite the opposite is true.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 02:53:24 PM »
If you want the shortest civil war in history, blow up Fox Noise.

Without having their minds made up for them 24/7, maybe 40 million American voters might start using their brains again, and no war would be necessary. The hate would dissipate like fog under a noonday sun.

Unbelievable.

They actually think that the entire conservative/Republican movement in this country is nothing but a delusion caused by Fox News.

Leftists think the right is as centralized and top-down controlled as the left is.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 03:34:12 PM »
8. Parts of us should merge with Canada!

You would really love living under a dick tater like little Justin  :thatsright: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 04:52:51 PM »
Star Member Stinky The Clown (66,044 posts)
The right has felt white hot hatred for us.

Yeah, on your site there's 23 years of seething hatred, anger, vitriol, disgust, and wanting to see us on this side dead or in gulags. On this site we have a forum dedicated to ridiculing the absolute piss out of you clowns.

There's a white hot hatred alright, go find a damn mirror.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 04:57:54 PM »
Star Member bamagal62 (2,641 posts)
We would save money not sending them funding

You'd lose the military, most of which are in conservative states, and senior citizens because no one aspires to retire to f'n Chicago and Detroit. Oh, you didn't know that little "federal funds" argument included that, DUmbasses?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 07:03:19 PM »
I like pointing out to lefties that it’s the red tax payers in the blue states that pay the lions share of the revenue. They go bonkers trying to deny it, and that’s always fun to watch.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 07:18:44 PM »
These idiots and their love for Canada and its "free healthcare".

Lurking DUmp twats, just go ahead and move there. Please report back how great that hell hole is.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 08:34:13 PM »
There's plenty of rooftop space to grow food, and plenty of water sources in those blue cities surrounded by a sea of red, right DUmmies?

When (not if) it happens, good luck leftist morons. You'll need it.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.