Author Topic: If you have thought of selling things you've acquired or inherited...listen up  (Read 721 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
2 Separate postings, same topic.  Funny responses.  They were warned and didn't believe it was in the bill.  The most informed people on the planet.   :lmao:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216564572

https://democraticunderground.com/10262424

Grasswire2 (11,487 posts)

If you have thought of selling things you've acquired or inherited...listen up

IRS has a new rule. If you sell more than $600 worth of stuff, it will be considered taxable income. If you sell on a site like eBay or use PayPal or another method for payment, you'll be getting a 1099 to submit with your taxes.

No getting around it. This is going to hit a huge amount of people.

So much for the idea that anyone who makes less than $400,000 will not see an increase in tax liability.

See this other DU thread in the Ebay and collectibles topic.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Some infamous person once said that they have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Funny how they act/react when they know something is going to come out of their pocket and not their neighbors pocket.  I see them type paying taxes is patriotic, then they get pissed when they have to pay taxes. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
This is why this website generates *NOTHING* in income - not even ad revenue. **Especially** because of the nature of this website. The Biden IRS, much like the Obama IRS would be all over it (and me) if there was anything to take..

Too bad, primitives.

Offline 67 Rover

Grasswire2 (11,487 posts)

If you have thought of selling things you've acquired or inherited...listen up

IRS has a new rule. If you sell more than $600 worth of stuff, it will be considered taxable income. If you sell on a site like eBay or use PayPal or another method for payment, you'll be getting a 1099 to submit with your taxes.

No getting around it. This is going to hit a huge amount of people.

So much for the idea that anyone who makes less than $400,000 will not see an increase in tax liability.

See this other DU thread in the Ebay and collectibles topic.

What happened to your free pie giveaway?  :lmao:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at the DUmmys over this.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at the DUmmys over this.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they're not looking for every possible chance to send cash to the government.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
....but they're ok with a generationally-owned, family farm having to be sold so the inheritors have to pay the damn taxes on it, only to have it sucked up by a big corporation. They just don't want their shit taxed. Got it. F'n idiots.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BamaMoose

She's not just upset that she may have a harder time defrauding the IRS, she also is upset that other people may be prevented from artificially inflating their business expenses to defraud the IRS.  Apparently, she's spent a lot of time figuring out how to steal from the government.  Of course, she's just one of many over there that are trying their best to suck up as much money as they can from the government, legally or illegally.

Grasswire2 (11,517 posts)

82. also this..

And if someone should happen to send you any money on PP -- a friend or family member or whatever -- if they happen to check a particular box, you'll be getting a 1099 for that, too.

Example: A friend sends you $400 on PayPal to pay his/her share in a vacation expense or as a gift, whatever. If he checks the wrong little box as he sends it.... maybe he wants to declare it as a business expense, so he checks the box "goods and services" instead of "friends and family"

Bingo. You'll be getting a 1099 for it. It happened to me. It doesn't have to be $600 for PP to tee it up.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Pay yer taxes with a smile, ya deadbeat bastards! How else are you going to keep the investigations going?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Pay yer taxes with a smile, ya deadbeat bastards! How else are you going to keep the investigations going?

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline 67 Rover

Grasswire2 (11,517 posts)

82. also this..

And if someone should happen to send you any money on PP -- a friend or family member or whatever -- if they happen to check a particular box, you'll be getting a 1099 for that, too.

Example: A friend sends you $400 on PayPal to pay his/her share in a vacation expense or as a gift, whatever. If he checks the wrong little box as he sends it.... maybe he wants to declare it as a business expense, so he checks the box "goods and services" instead of "friends and family"

Bingo. You'll be getting a 1099 for it. It happened to me. It doesn't have to be $600 for PP to tee it up.

Just think of it as you paying someone else's tuition. There that feels better now right?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Karin

They're also getting hopelessly mixed up over there between income taxes and sales taxes.   :rotf:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
They're also getting hopelessly mixed up over there between income taxes and sales taxes.   :rotf:

Smartest people on the internet, don't ya' know?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Karin

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Hey DUmmies,

Which President made that happen?

:ownit:

:rotf:

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Delmar

I'm disappointed that DU bon vivant and former thrift store scrounger Rock Head hasn't chimed in on this tailor made for him topic.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline 3rd-try

Grasswire, this sentence from your post suggests you actually believed Biden when he said it. Did you? Seriously?!

Offline SVPete

Grasswire, this sentence from your post suggests you actually believed Biden when he said it. Did you? Seriously?!

To ask is to answer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.