Author Topic: Am I the only one who thinks that sometimes things are just as they appear?  (Read 20051 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member OKNancy (40,034 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212368163

Am I the only one who thinks that sometimes things are just as they appear?
Epstein was suicidal. He had tried before. He couldn't stand life in prison so he took the easy way out.
He was a tricky bastard. He probably acted all normal and calm so he could be taken off suicide watch.
He planned it.

Star Member brush (24,015 posts)

96. IMO this seems to be a reverse Occam's razor. It's too convenient...

too so many rich and powerful people that this guy who had all kinds of damaging info in his head and endless money to hire attorney's to cut a deal, would just suddenly kill himself–without any assistance.

Please! Many are not buying that tale.

Star Member Ligyron (4,633 posts)

112. His suicide does seem a trifle premature.

But it sure is convenient timing for the orange rapist and the rich and powerful.

yes- they are still trying to tie this to trump.

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (21,571 posts)

11. murdered, period

Star Member USALiberal (3,509 posts)

74. Hope your NEVER on a real jury! nt

Star Member Pacifist Patriot (21,167 posts)

93. Not likely

It is entirely plausible he took his own life. What is improbable is the utter break down in suicide watch protocols that enabled him to do it. That is what needs explaining.

They pretty much made sure he'd do it.

1. Took him off suicide watch
2. No checks by guards
3. Transferred Cellmate out the night prior
4. No cameras in cell or malfunctioning

:whatever:

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (21,571 posts)

109. There is NO way he killed himself for a variety of reasons especially the narcissist

condition and I cant believe how many people on this site go out of their WAY to argue with me and others about it

hmmm..hmmm...

plants everywhere

The same people claim Hillary did nothing wrong with her e-mails...

Star Member brush (24,015 posts)

114. The ones who believe it was just an unassisted suicide are either...

extremely naive or are for some reason ignoring history—i.e., Oswald killed Kennedy without any previous connection to anybody else. Please!

And Jack Ruby got into the detention facility unassisted and killed Oswald before he could spill his guts. Really?

And the DC Madame hung herself conveniently too. Oka-a-a-a-a-y.

Come on! Political murders happen quite often. Epstein knew too much about the sexual predilections of too many powerful, rich people.

polichick (36,661 posts)

17. Uh-huh, and Trump & Barr are good guys who didn't have anything to do with Epstein...

and would never tamper with justice, even if they did know him.

:thatsright:

torius (693 posts)

29. Maybe he faked his death

with the help of Trump and Barr, and is back on his private island. We may never know...

:thatsright:

Star Member TomSlick (3,544 posts)

92. It seems likely that things really are as they appear.

The problem is that we have reached a point the nothing - nothing - this administration says can be taken at face value. Just because Epstein was in a federal facility under the control of AG Barr and Barr quickly - before an autopsy or an investigation - said it was suicide doesn't mean it wasn't suicide. Then again, it doesn't mean that we can be confident that it was suicide. (Trump has re-tweeted that Bill Clinton had him killed - so apparently Trump isn't convinced that Barr is to be believed.)

We're in dark times when we immediately - and reasonably - suspect that our government is lying to us.

I wish that I had confidence that a complete investigation will occur. Unfortunately, the FBI is under Barr's control, so I cannot have that confidence.

Dark times, indeed.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Mary Ann

OMG. How can they simultaneously be convinced that Trump did it and offended that Trump thinks the Clintons did it?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
OMG. How can they simultaneously be convinced that Trump did it and offended that Trump thinks the Clintons did it?
3 words. Orange. Man. Bad.

That and they want to make sure the Clinton's know they have absolutely no evidence or suspicions of any crimes committed by a Clinton. In fact, if asked, they will declare the Clinton's are the kindest, warmest, bravest, most wonderful human beings they have ever known in their lives.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 12:23:19 PM by FiddyBeowulf »
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

Star Member TomSlick (3,544 posts)

92. It seems likely that things really are as they appear.

The problem is that we have reached a point the nothing - nothing - this administration says can be taken at face value. Just because Epstein was in a federal facility under the control of AG Barr and Barr quickly - before an autopsy or an investigation - said it was suicide doesn't mean it wasn't suicide. Then again, it doesn't mean that we can be confident that it was suicide. (Trump has re-tweeted that Bill Clinton had him killed - so apparently Trump isn't convinced that Barr is to be believed.)

We're in dark times when we immediately - and reasonably - suspect that our government is lying to us.

I wish that I had confidence that a complete investigation will occur. Unfortunately, the FBI is under Barr's control, so I cannot have that confidence.

Dark times, indeed.

I heard the DOJ made him drink out of the toilet!  :rofl:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer