Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 11/14  (Read 798 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The QAnon Shaman plans to go back to the Capitol ... as a congressman

https://notthebee.com/article/the-q-anon-shaman-plans-to-go-back-to-the-capitol-building-as-a-congressman

Jacob Chansley, aka the QAnon Shaman, just filed paperwork running for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 8th Congressional District of Arizona.

And I'm here for it.

How great would it be if the guy the Left holds up as the icon of January 6th returned to the capitol building as a sitting congressman?

Arizona, you have to make this happen!

Republican Rep. Debbie Lesko, who currently holds the seat, said she would be retiring and not seeking reelection in 2024. The Shaman is running as a libertarian, and his notoriety will likely make him a significant candidate in the race.

While, as a convicted felon, the Shaman won't be able to vote for himself, there are no state or federal laws that prohibit him from running for office.

Now, if you're on the left and somehow reading this article, you might be wondering how the QAnon Shaman can run for office when he was convicted of committing a "treasonous insurrection," like these informed folks:

Well, no one involved in the January 6th protest has had charges that met the criteria for 18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection.

That's a Corporate Media/Democrat concoction.

Almost everyone convicted was convicted on some form of trespassing/interrupting federal business charges (an act the Left participates in constantly).

All that to say, there's no way they can stop Chansley from running and serving if he wins.

And that means,we might soon have to start referring to the QAnon Shaman as the "U.S. Representative Shaman from Arizona."

Or if this Babylon Bee prophecy gets fulfilled, Mr. Speaker:

In Overnight Vote, Buffalo Guy Elected Speaker Of The House

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a shocking overnight vote held by the House of Representatives, the QAnon Shaman, aka "The Buffalo Guy" has received the majority of votes required to become Speaker of the House.
BABYLONBEE.COM

https://babylonbee.com/news/in-11-hour-vote-buffalo-guy-elected-speaker-of-the-house

Personally, I'm just hoping he wears the buffalo horns.

:rotf:  :lmao:

Run Shaman, Run!
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 11/14
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 09:46:29 AM »
CVS Replaces Toilet Paper With Framed Photos Of Toilet Paper To Deter DC Theft

https://notthebee.com/article/theft-has-gotten-so-bad-in-dc-that-this-cvs-store-had-to-replace-the-toilet-paper-with-framed-photos-of-the-product-and-now-people-have-to-push-a-button-to-receive-assistance-in-the-tp-aisle

Welcome to Washington, D.C., where the local CVS store removes all the TP from the shelves and replaces it with some cheesy picture frames that look like something your grandma bought at Goodwill.

Pretty cool, huh?

Yes, homelessness and crime have gotten so out of control in D.C. that you can't even make a normal purchase of toilet paper at CVS. That's because homeless folk have, in an obvious case of desperation, been stealing toilet paper at an exhausting rate.

Enough to force this CVS's hand.

The toilet paper aisle, you guys. This is the toilet paper aisle.

As retail theft soars in Washington, D.C., one CVS store is taking drastic measures to prevent its stock of toilet paper and other products from being stolen.

Instead of seeing packages of toilet paper on the shelf, at a CVS on H Street NE in the nation's capital, you will only find framed photos of the product. The move comes in response to a spike in theft at the store, particularly among the homeless population, according to a report from WTOP News.

Sources told WTOP that homeless people had been entering the store and stealing toilet paper and other products, prompting it to remove items from display. To get the products for purchase, shoppers need to press a button for assistance - something that's becoming more common across the country, especially in Democrat-run cities.

Look, I know this is starting to be the new normal, but can you step back for a moment and realize how deranged this world has become? We've got almost 5,000 homeless people in Washington, D.C., an 11.6% increase from just a year ago, and now we're putting up flippin' photos of toilet paper at CVS because these people keep stealing it.

TOILET PAPER!
WE'RE LOCKING UP TOILET PAPER!

You'd think maybe, in a city just 25 miles from the richest county in America, which just happens to exist right outside the Swamp for some reason, we could solve homelessness. But no, it's only getting worse and it will continue to do so.

Sometimes I think the people in charge actually want all this stuff to happen. They want homelessness, they want crime, they want a general filth in our streets. And apparently they want companies like CVS to have to take these extreme measures in order to deter theft, which, don't forget, costs extra time and money (though it might save them money on theft in the process).

Such a strange world we live in.

I was really beginning to think that it couldn't possibly be getting more stupid. But...

I was wrong. This is our nation's capitol.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 10:08:44 AM »
CVS Replaces Toilet Paper With Framed Photos Of Toilet Paper To Deter DC Theft
[snip]

Next they're going to have to redesign the store so that everything is behind the counter. And that will drive prices up because they're going to have to pay more clerks to fill orders for these dim bulbs, or install automation to treat it like an Amazon warehouse. And the line outside the stores in these leftist-run shitholes will resemble the bread lines of the old Soviet Union, right down to the thugs stealing from those who paid for their merchandise because it's easier than standing in line all day for your own shit.

And the stores that the Congress-shits and Senat-turds shop at will be SPECIAL stores, where KGB guards keep out the low class riff-raff...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 11:27:45 AM »
I wonder how often they will have to replace the picture because some bum wiped his or her butt on it  :-) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 11:32:09 AM »
I already spotted another problem, the sign is only in English and not 15 other languages  so that the diverse population can understand it. CVS has lost a number of points on it’s esg score  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 03:03:03 PM »
8 'republicans' voted to not impeach mayorkas.

Assholes...

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 04:31:20 PM »
8 'republicans' voted to not impeach mayorkas.

Assholes...

As if ANYONE needs any further example that the Uni-party rot does not stop at the aisle between Dim'Rats and 'Publi-CONs.

Hang 'em all. From street lamps. Surrounding the Crap-itol Mall.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 08:47:27 PM »
Oregon voters want to walk-back legalization of hard drugs
https://thepostmillennial.com/oregon-voters-want-to-walk-back-legalization-of-hard-drugs

In 2020, voters in Oregon passed Measure 110, which decriminalized the possession of certain drugs in small quantities for personal use and shuffled revenue from cannabis taxes to resources aimed at helping addicts. Since it went into effect the following year, crime and substance use has not gone down as intended, and as a result, residents are calling for a reintroduction of criminal penalties for users.

A poll conducted by DHM Research earlier this year revealed that more than 60 percent of Oregonians want to see the decriminalization aspect of Measure 110 repealed, though support for the use of cannabis taxes to fund treatment programs has maintained popularity.

According to the poll, 51 percent of those surveyed said they believed Measure 110 has been bad for Oregon. Of those, 33 percent deemed it "very bad." Over 60 percent said drug addiction, homelessness, and crime had become worse in the time since it was adopted.

Rural voters who identified as Republicans were more likely than their Democratic urban neighbors to believe that the policy has had a negative impact on the state, though a sizable proportion of every demographic said as much.

The poll, conducted via online survey among 500 Oregon voters between April 24 and 30, also found that drug addiction and mental health were viewed as more likely root causes of homelessness than access to affordable housing.

How is that working out, eh?
:ownit:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du