Author Topic: Thompson rock ’n’ marathon at age 92  (Read 9834 times)

Offline SVPete

Thompson rock ’n’ marathon at age 92
« on: June 01, 2015, 09:54:47 AM »
Thompson rock ’n’ marathon at age 92
By Don Norcross
utsandiego.com
11:59 A.M.MAY 30, 2015
With the Coronado Bridge as a backdrop, Harriette Thompson stepped outside of the Hilton Bayfront hotel Friday morning and began jogging along the bay. One woman stopped her in front of the million-dollar yachts for an autograph. Another wanted her to pose for a picture.

“It’s just because I’m so old,” joked Thompson.

One year ago this weekend, Thompson, then 91, completed the Suja Rock ’n’ Roll Marathon in 7 hours, 7 minutes, the fastest marathon ever by a woman 90 or older.

Minutes after the feat, sitting in the shade of a tent next to Petco Park, Thompson promised, “If I’m still (alive), I’ll be back next year.”

True to her word, Thompson, now 92, has returned and is entered in Sunday’s 18th annual marathon. If she completes the 26.2-mile trek, Thompson will become the oldest woman ever to finish a marathon.
Her time this year was 7:24:36.  I'm ~2/3 her age and have completed 17 half marathons (13.1 miles) in the past 2 1/2 years. I don't know that I could do a marathon, and if I did, whether I would have an equal or better time.

"Go, Granny, go Granny! Go, Granny, go!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Thompson rock ’n’ marathon at age 92
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:15:17 AM »
Inspirational.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.