Author Topic: Something funny is happening  (Read 1094 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Something funny is happening
« on: March 14, 2008, 04:45:33 PM »

PinkTiger  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-12-08 05:24 PM
Original message
 Advertisements [?]The General calls it quits, the Gov. of NY steps down, Ferraro quits, and what is next? I have a feeling (based on the general atmosphere, because none of these are directly related) that something interesting is brewing in D.C. I also think we are about to find out what it is.
I sense that like the general, many influential people are getting ready to put pressure on Bush/Cheney to stop the Iran war drums.

Ideas? Astrological hints? And no, those of you who like to cause trouble, I am not asking for you to bait me. So don't. This is for the serious people here, not the detractors.

stellanoir  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 12:57 PM
Response to Original message
2. During the run up to the Iraq invasion, through all the mind numbing saber rattling and 
 blitz of "oligarchical hypnogoguery" (I made that term up back then), I had a deeply disheartening sense that there was no way that illegal invasion could be stopped.

I don't feel at all similarly about Iran. I think the stretched and broken military and the top military brass are not at all for it.

Let cooler heads prevail.

cliss  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 10:57 PM
Response to Original message
9. Thanks for the update, Pink.
 I agree that there is something 'funny' going on in Washington right now. If there is any prevailing emotion coming out of that place, it would be "desperation". I sense a complete and utter desperation, coming from the corporate people who own the White House.
It's connected with the upcoming financial meltdown. I know lots of people feel that the whole thing was staged, the "overlords" set us up so we could all lose our houses, and then the creeps who run the show would just come in and scoop up all of our assets.
I don't see it that way.

I see the corporate politicians as basically tapeworms. They feed off of our prosperity. As long as we're doing fine, they are too as they skim off their "take".
So now when the country is in trouble, they are going over Niagara Falls.
As it is, I believe the entire structure has been destroyed. The banks are completely "bank"rupt. Their liabilities far outweight their assets.
Their greatest fear is that the general public will figure it out.

If you look at recent photos of Mr. Bernanke, Mr. Paulsen. Look closely. You can see the panic in their eyes. Bush as well as Cheney, they give off such vibes of fear and panic you can see it in their body language. My internal esp says: panic.

Re: put pressure on Bush & Cheney to stop the war drums.
I agree with you, I sense the same thing.

link

One of them is predicting that the Dem convention in Denver will be a 'wave of love'.  :hyper:

Offline Airwolf

Re: Something funny is happening
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 04:51:04 PM »
If there is any prevailing emotion coming out of that place, it would be "desperation". I sense a complete and utter desperation,

Strange......I would have thought they were describing the primitives with that statement. :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 04:55:48 PM »
The DUmmies may be on to something.  It's getting weird.

I had a grasshopper on my family room wall this morning.  He was W-A-Y up near the ceiling.  The sucker was HUGE.  I thought it was a lizard until I put my glasses on. 

You know the old saying, "Grasshopper on the wall - war by Fall".

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 04:58:59 PM »

I had a grasshopper on my family room wall this morning.  He was W-A-Y up near the ceiling.  The sucker was HUGE.  I thought it was a lizard until I put my glasses on. 

:rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:39:41 PM »
PinkTiger  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-12-08 05:24 PM
Original message
 Advertisements [?]The General calls it quits, the Gov. of NY steps down, Ferraro quits, and what is next? I have a feeling (based on the general atmosphere, because none of these are directly related) that something interesting is brewing in D.C. I also think we are about to find out what it is.
I sense that like the general, many influential people are getting ready to put pressure on Bush/Cheney to stop the Iran war drums.

Ideas? Astrological hints? And no, those of you who like to cause trouble, I am not asking for you to bait me. So don't. This is for the serious people here, not the detractors.

Aside from the fact that the general quitting would mean one less roadblock in the way and Ferraro quitting has absolutely NOTHING to do with President Bush or Iran, I did find it funny that it was asking for a serious discussion from astrological hints. Have their astrological/tarot/hairball readings EVER been accurate?

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »

:lmao:

Damn I'm glad you're on our side!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen