Author Topic: Huff Po piece - Who's tired of pink? (pink men that is)  (Read 4755 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Huff Po piece - Who's tired of pink? (pink men that is)
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »
I am so tired of pink men bombing brown children and rationalizing it as fighting terrorism. I am so tired of pink men telling women (of all colors) what to do with their wombs--which connect with their brains--in case you forgot. I am so tired of pink men telling us we should stay in Iraq for generations. I am so tired of pink men buying bombs and cheating schools. I am so tired of pink men having wives who stand behind them and nod sagely on television. I am so tired of pink men expecting that someone--a brown, black, yellow or white woman--will trail behind them changing light bulbs, taking out garbage, washing laundry, keeping food in the house, taking care of kids of all ages, of parents of all ages. I am so tired of pink men whose wives double or triple the family income thinking they can spend it without doing a damn thing at home. I am so tired of pink men spouting nonsense on TV. I am so tired of pink men arguing, blathering, bloviating, predicting the future--usually wrongly--and telling women to shut up. I am so sick of hearing that another pink man has dropped his children out a window, off a bridge or killed his pregnant wife or killed his unpregnant wife because he was infatuated with another pregnant woman. I am so sick of pink men making war and talking about peace. I am so sick of pink men appointing their mediocre cronies to judgeships, to political advisors, to cushy jobs, to columns in the paper, to multimillion-dollar posts as CEOS or actors (while the actresses make less) or producers or writers or newsreaders or talk show bloviators or supposedly sage counselors at law. I am so tired of pink men.

And by the way some brown men and tan men and wheaten men do these things too.

Don't tell me about women who kill. I know there are some--but fewer. So let's just remember our mothers--who bore us, protected us against our fathers and grandfathers and all the pink or brown men who wanted to rape us or kill us or starve us because we were girls.

I am not stupid. I know all generalizations are false. I know there are bad mothers, bad women, bad sisters, bad aunts, and bad females of every stripe. But I have seen enough men in high office to last a lifetime. Let's give women a chance!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erica-jong/whos-tired-of-pink_b_81087.html

Ugh. Another bitter feminazi who probably just needs some booze and sex.  :-)

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Huff Po piece - Who's tired of pink? (pink men that is)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »

Ew!

I'm not putting my "lucky rabbit's foot" into THAT thing.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »
I am so tired of pink men bombing brown children and rationalizing it as fighting terrorism. I am so tired of pink men telling women (of all colors) what to do with their wombs--which connect with their brains--in case you forgot. I am so tired of pink men telling us we should stay in Iraq for generations. I am so tired of pink men buying bombs and cheating schools. I am so tired of pink men having wives who stand behind them and nod sagely on television. I am so tired of pink men expecting that someone--a brown, black, yellow or white woman--will trail behind them changing light bulbs, taking out garbage, washing laundry, keeping food in the house, taking care of kids of all ages, of parents of all ages. I am so tired of pink men whose wives double or triple the family income thinking they can spend it without doing a damn thing at home. I am so tired of pink men spouting nonsense on TV. I am so tired of pink men arguing, blathering, bloviating, predicting the future--usually wrongly--and telling women to shut up. I am so sick of hearing that another pink man has dropped his children out a window, off a bridge or killed his pregnant wife or killed his unpregnant wife because he was infatuated with another pregnant woman. I am so sick of pink men making war and talking about peace. I am so sick of pink men appointing their mediocre cronies to judgeships, to political advisors, to cushy jobs, to columns in the paper, to multimillion-dollar posts as CEOS or actors (while the actresses make less) or producers or writers or newsreaders or talk show bloviators or supposedly sage counselors at law. I am so tired of pink men.

Don't tell me about women who kill. I know there are some--but fewer. So let's just remember our mothers--who bore us, protected us against our fathers and grandfathers and all the pink or brown men who wanted to rape us or kill us or starve us because we were girls.

I am not stupid. I know all generalizations are false. I know there are bad mothers, bad women, bad sisters, bad aunts, and bad females of every stripe. But I have seen enough men in high office to last a lifetime. Let's give women a chance!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erica-jong/whos-tired-of-pink_b_81087.html

After reading that tirade, I think she's had plenty of booze...and sex is out of the question.   :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 12:21:36 PM »
Don't laugh too hard at this logic. I've heard people say this very thing. Makes me want to  :hammer:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 12:29:32 PM »
I won't bother with the whole thing at the moment, but I found this funny

"pink men having wives who stand behind them and nod sagely on television"

Hey, Huff...those same women who have brains in your implied abortion scenario, also have brains when choosing to stand by the beliefs their husbands share.  :banghead:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 12:33:34 PM »
Only the weak can be "oppressed".   If some group whines about a history of oppression, that means that group is weak.  I don't want weak people in power.  It is counterproductive and risky.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 03:13:35 PM »
I am so tired of pink men whose wives double or triple the family income thinking they can spend it without doing a damn thing at home.

what the hell does that even mean?

hmm... someone sounds angry. sounds like either a female family member or a girlfriend has a nice income and the author is pissy about it.

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 03:14:40 PM »
I am so tired of pink men whose wives double or triple the family income thinking they can spend it without doing a damn thing at home.

That was one of those articles, in which I feel like I loss a couple of IQ points just reading it... (which still keeps me above the Loonie-Left though)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 03:15:57 PM »

That was one of those articles, in which I feel like I loss a couple of IQ points just reading it... (which still keeps me above the Loonie-Left though)

i can only assume that the author believes women who double or triple the family income.. arent entitled to enjoy it at all.

sounds like jealousy to me..

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 03:18:57 PM »

i can only assume that the author believes women who double or triple the family income.. arent entitled to enjoy it at all.

Actually, I think it is a just a poorly written sentence on her part(big surprise). The way I read it is the 'pink men' are spending their wives income without making a contribution at home. She's dissing men for making their wives virtual slaves while they live the high life...don't shoot the messenger(me), I'm just trying to interpret stupid speak.  :evillaugh:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »

Actually, I think it is a just a poorly written sentence on her part(big surprise). The way I read it is the 'pink men' are spending their wives income without making a contribution at home. She's dissing men for making their wives virtual slaves while they live the high life...don't shoot the messenger(me), I'm just trying to interpret stupid speak.  :evillaugh:

ah, you could be right..

and is being called "pink" supposed to inflame us now? i thought we were white people? now we're 'pink' ...? i know its been said a zillion times, but these people just cant wait to wake up every day and be offended by something.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »
WHEN MEN DO THEIR OWN LAUNDRY
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Lauri

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »

maybe my colors are off on this laptop... but that doesnt look like 'pink' to me... looks more like .. salmon.  :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 04:42:18 PM »

maybe my colors are off on this laptop... but that doesnt look like 'pink' to me... looks more like .. salmon.  :-)

Really?  :p

But I googled "pink men" (images)! Maybe I should have gone with the Redskin's fan pics.  :p

Sigh. Maybe the OP at DU was on to something... I'm already tired of pink men too.  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 12:32:36 AM »
I am so tired of pink men bombing brown children and rationalizing it as fighting terrorism.

I'm so tired of fat, angry white chicks who look like Buddy Hackett only with more facial hair and the IQ of a plastic spoon trying to dictate foreign policy.

I am so tired of pink men telling women (of all colors) what to do with their wombs--which connect with their brains--in case you forgot.

I am so tired of fat, angry white chicks trying to tell other women what do do with their wombs, especially since MORE women than men oppose abortion. My womb may be connected to my brain but it travels through my heart to get there.

I am so tired of pink men telling us we should stay in Iraq for generations. I am so tired of pink men buying bombs and cheating schools.

I am so tired of fat, angry white chicks who would rather turn schools into PC indoctrination centers instead of teaching them to read and write. When schools are as successful at what they're supposed to be doing as the military, then they can ask for more.

I am so tired of pink men having wives who stand behind them and nod sagely on television. I am so tired of pink men expecting that someone--a brown, black, yellow or white woman--will trail behind them changing light bulbs, taking out garbage, washing laundry, keeping food in the house, taking care of kids of all ages, of parents of all ages.

I am so tired of fat, angry white chicks trying to tell other women how they should live and commenting about relationships they obviously have NO fricking experience with. Marriage is a partnership that has more to do with love and respect than who takes out the garbage. Perhaps if you'd lose some weight, wax your chin and your upper lip, and quit trying pretend your victimhood matters you could have a decent relationship...envy isn't pretty.

I am so tired of pink men whose wives double or triple the family income thinking they can spend it without doing a damn thing at home. I am so tired of pink men spouting nonsense on TV. I am so tired of pink men arguing, blathering, bloviating, predicting the future--usually wrongly--and telling women to shut up.

I am so tired of fat, angry white chicks who take their self-hatred out on the rest of the human race. My husband has never told me to shut up, but if he did, I wouldn't. Again...perhaps YOU shouldn't be bloviating about things you obviously know nothing about.

I am so sick of hearing that another pink man has dropped his children out a window, off a bridge or killed his pregnant wife or killed his unpregnant wife because he was infatuated with another pregnant woman.

Yeah, cause as we all know, women never commit crimes or abuse their children. Oh, and the guy on the bridge...he was Vietnamese, not exactly a new shade of pink there.

I am so sick of pink men making war and talking about peace. I am so sick of pink men appointing their mediocre cronies to judgeships, to political advisors, to cushy jobs, to columns in the paper, to multimillion-dollar posts as CEOS or actors (while the actresses make less) or producers or writers or newsreaders or talk show bloviators or supposedly sage counselors at law. I am so tired of pink men.

I am so sick of fat, angry white chicks constantly bitching about everything under the sun, even things that will NEVER affect them. I'm sure Hollywood bubbleheads like Cameron Diaz and Angelina Jolie can somehow manage to get by on the measly 20 million dollars per picture. I am so tired of fat, angry white chicks.

Why don't you just admit that you hate all men? I wouldn't worry about being raped if I were you, hon. Most men (even those considering rape) don't hang out at the Pink ***** Dyke Bar and Hummus Factory. But if this is a plea for Hillary, she can't win because she's about as angry, ugly and well-liked and well-liked (not!) as you.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 02:28:07 AM »
Bravo, Cindie! :clap:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 10:19:51 AM »
Rock on cindie!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 11:44:57 AM »
Reading that made my nuts ache...... :banghead:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".