Author Topic: primitives try to census cops  (Read 3481 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives try to census cops
« on: January 15, 2008, 06:42:19 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2686335

Oh my.

BB1 (221 posts)      Tue Jan-15-08 07:03 AM
Original message

Q: How big (in numbers) is the US police force?

How many people are wearing a uniform? And how large is that percentage compared to the population?

just curious

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-15-08 07:07 AM
Response to Original message

1. just curious too

BB1 (221 posts)      Tue Jan-15-08 07:11 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. No actual data?

Here in Holland, the police are on strike

(which basically means they drink less coffee)

PetrusMonsFormicarum  (460 posts)       Tue Jan-15-08 07:22 AM

3. If you are asking because you are worried about jackboot thugs, local police are not (going to be) the enemy. In the event of some fascist "police action" we could expect National Guardsmen to be shuffled countrywide (even the fascists agree that it's bad to have Uncle Joe shooting at mom and dad and the kids--send them across country to shoot a stranger's family).

But far worse than the potential domestic deployment of the National Guard is the potential use of corporatized, privatized armies like Blackwater. Think things would be different here than the way they played out in Baghdad's Mansoor Square? Think again: all targets look the same when they're dancing on the end of an AR-15's sight. The private armies represent the greatest threat to democracy we have ever faced.

It's still a new campfire; the above's all there is to it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitives try to census cops
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 06:46:42 AM »
Good God what a miserable,spooky life they all live.
It would be sad if it wasn`t by choice,but it is.

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:49:08 AM »
I can't wait until the middle of January 09.  God the DU is going to be as quiet as a graveyard.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 08:40:22 AM »
I can't wait until the middle of January 09.  God the DU is going to be as quiet as a graveyard.

I don't think so.  They will still be wailing a gnashing teeth about the "stolen election" and how disenfranchised Indians in Oklahoma would have swung the state for Obama.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 08:46:51 AM »

When misery is the focus of your entire existance, you'll always find something to complain about.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:10:20 AM »
I love when Blackwater is brought up, there are all of 2000 BW shooters in Iraq, real huge numbers. ::)
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 11:48:20 AM »
all targets look the same when they're dancing on the end of an AR-15's sight.

Blackwater doesn't use AR-15's..... :thatsright:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 11:50:11 AM »
all targets look the same when they're dancing on the end of an AR-15's sight.

Blackwater doesn't use AR-15's..... :thatsright:

Don't give em facts........they love their delusion
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:51:57 AM »
and last night on the news, they did a segment on how horribly understaffed and mis-managed the D.C. police force is right now. In some areas, there are NO officers to patrol. 911 calls are being dropped, response time sucks. They interviewed the new Deputy Chief and she was like a deer in the headlights. I can't wait to see future installments of the report.

I was thinking the entire time, "This is a great advertisment for concealed carry!"
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 12:00:13 PM »

3. If you are asking because you are worried about jackboot thugs, local police are not (going to be) the enemy. In the event of some fascist "police action" we could expect National Guardsmen to be shuffled countrywide (even the fascists agree that it's bad to have Uncle Joe shooting at mom and dad and the kids--send them across country to shoot a stranger's family).

But far worse than the potential domestic deployment of the National Guard is the potential use of corporatized, privatized armies like Blackwater. Think things would be different here than the way they played out in Baghdad's Mansoor Square? Think again: all targets look the same when they're dancing on the end of an AR-15's sight. The private armies represent the greatest threat to democracy we have ever faced.

This would be scary unless you are a member of the VRWC, the U.S. Military, or contributing member of Blackwater.

Our plans are coming to fruition... :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 12:10:34 PM »

This would be scary unless you are a member of the VRWC, the U.S. Military, or contributing member of Blackwater.

Our plans are coming to fruition... :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Bu- bu- but the NG is supposed to deploy without a request by the Governors!  Look at Katrina!  Had the NG just jumped in, all those NOLA looters would never have done any damage and the water would have been held back!

Posse Comitatus, who needs it, right?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.