Author Topic: McDonald's Replacing Cashiers with Touch-Screen Tablets - Another Idiocracy Prop  (Read 1012 times)

Offline VivisMom

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025956199

Joe Magarac (162 posts)

McDonald's Replacing Cashiers with Touch-Screen Tablets - Another Idiocracy Prophecy Come True!

And then automate the cook?

I'm pretty sure lots of people predicted this was going to happen once the hash-slingers started demanding $15 an hour.

yeoman6987 (4,799 posts)
2. I knew it. I just hope the workers are not out

of a job. They could do it humanely by not replacing workers as they leave or retire. Of course they will just lay them off. Business wins again! Ugh! It's only 15 dollars they were asking. Not a million.

But $15/hour times hundreds of thousands of workers=MILLIONS. Did you fail math in grade school?

Nevernose (10,017 posts)
6. If I'm not sitting on my couch, I will only do business

With an actual, honest-to-god human being. Period.

I do use the self checkout at the grocery store, but that's because the lady who runs the self checkout flirts with me and all the checkers know me by name. Sometimes they'll come over and check me out anyway, on the self-checkout machines. A couple of them even remember when I was a bag-boy there almost thirty years ago!

Lies, you've never had a job a day in your life.

Cleita (71,367 posts)
9. Fantastic. Just another way they make you one of their unpaid employees.eom

onethatcares (7,741 posts)
16. WaWa does the same thing

along with it's lotto machines and whatever else is in their stores. I went in to buy gas and a ticket one time and would not do the maze to buy the ticket. That was and will be the last time in that corporations store in my life, unless it's the only place on earth.

I'm sure the CEO of Wawa is crying into his huge vats of money over losing you.

Oilwellian (10,635 posts)
22. Did anyone listen to the ****ing video?

I've never alerted before but just did.

You Tube page of video producer:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzUV5283-l5c0oKRtyenj6Q

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
yeoman6987 (4,799 posts)

of a job. They could do it humanely by not replacing workers as they leave or retire. Of course they will just lay them off. Business wins again! Ugh! It's only 15 dollars they were asking. Not a million.
How many people "retire" from McDonalds?  It's mostly kids and young adults working there.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Delmar

Response to Joe Magarac (Original post)Sat Dec 13, 2014, 04:09 PM
Star Member yeoman6987 (4,799 posts)

Don't worry DUmmy, the workers won't lose their jobs and be replaced by machines for asking for $15.00 an hour, that's just a myth--Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman says so.
Paul Krugman, Princeton University, February 2013: “Now, you might argue that even if the current minimum wage seems low, raising it would cost jobs. But there’s evidence on that question — lots and lots of evidence, because the minimum wage is one of the most studied issues in all of economics. U.S. experience, it turns out, offers many ‘natural experiments’ here, in which one state raises its minimum wage while others do not. And while there are dissenters, as there always are, the great preponderance of the evidence from these natural experiments points to little if any negative effect of minimum wage increases on employment.” (Source)
http://www.raisetheminimumwage.com/pages/job-loss

Leftists getting what they deserve for listening to idiots like Krugman and Obama.  They are DUmmies, they learn life's lessons the hard way.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Krugman can insist whatever the f*ck he wants.  I can find dozens of well respected economists who predicted this all along.  He is just humming to his own tune & sticking to his Democrat/Liberal narrative.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

McDonald's has been working on self-ordering kiosks for a few years.

Now, if they can just train the person packing your bag not to grab the wrong sandwich or at least make sure the fries are fresh (and salted).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Now, if they can just train the person packing your bag not to grab the wrong sandwich or at least make sure the fries are fresh (and salted).
Speaking of which, a little different but similar subject.  Stopped to buy & get free dozen donuts yesterday at Krispy Kreme (thanks!!!).  Guy behind the counter went out of his way to grab me the freshest ones rather than just what was on the shelf.  Tipped him a couple bucks for the nice gesture.

Offline Chris_

Cool.

If you have any left over, you can make a Luther Burger or bread pudding.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Cool.

If you have any left over, you can make a Luther Burger or bread pudding.
Please, like there are ever any leftover Krispy Kreme's.  But will keep it in mind for any future visit I make, for leftover purposes.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
How many people "retire" from McDonalds?  It's mostly kids and young adults working there.

All the kids that leave for college in the fall.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Don't worry DUmmy, the workers won't lose their jobs and be replaced by machines for asking for $15.00 an hour, that's just a myth--Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman says so.http://www.raisetheminimumwage.com/pages/job-loss

Leftists getting what they deserve for listening to idiots like Krugman and Obama.  They are DUmmies, they learn life's lessons the hard way.

I am still in shock over owebuma being awarded a Nobel Peace Prize. That was after getting over the shock of Krugman being awarded one. But they are in good company.
They are like many libs who are wholly unqualified to be in positions of leadership.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Stopped to buy & get free dozen donuts yesterday at Krispy Kreme

They would be "free" if you didn't have to buy anything.

Then their cost would be in the price paid by the next guy.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
yeoman6987 (4,799 posts)

of a job. They could do it humanely by not replacing workers as they leave or retire. Of course they will just lay them off. Business wins again! Ugh! It's only 15 dollars they were asking. Not a million

Wait, what....?  30 years of putting a pickle on a burger?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.

Hell I'd just be happy with people being able to speak understandable English when they take my order.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

M led their industry in the mid-late 70s into using what used to be called "teller terminal", with buttons for items, adding up the total, and calculating change, because of the poor reading and math skills of the teeny- and twenty-somethings who worked the front counter. M used technology to be able to make an acceptable profit from low-skilled workers. With governments forcing M and others to pay an artificially high wage, M is responding with a way to keep their profits where they want them to be. Instead of machines replacing skills, the machines will be replacing workers. There are machines that can replace the burger-flippers and burger-assemblers, too. Only a blindered Lib/Prog couldn't have seen that coming!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
I am still in shock over owebuma being awarded a Nobel Peace Prize. That was after getting over the shock of Krugman being awarded one. But they are in good company.
They are like many libs who are wholly unqualified to be in positions of leadership.

I think that is now an award for just participating.  :whistling:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline thundley4

All the kids that leave for college in the fall.

And then get their  jobs back at McDonald's after they graduate.

Offline freedumb2003b

Wait, what....?  30 years of putting a pickle on a burger?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAnEiH_B5I[/youtube]
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.