Author Topic: (D)Ummie primed for a racism bouncy, launch fizzles  (Read 1106 times)

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
(D)Ummie primed for a racism bouncy, launch fizzles
« on: December 07, 2014, 06:36:38 AM »
applegrove (65,675 posts)

Was in line at a cash. Two people in front of me were black. First one bought something little with $10 bill. Cashier asked if they had anything smaller. The woman said no, she needed change. He got a little angry. The next person then asked for change and the owner/cashier said no. He seemed really annoyed the whole time. Don‘t know if he was being racist. He‘s always been exceedingly polite to me. And it got me thinking what it is like to go through life with wounds made of a thousand cuts. And often not being sure if you are facing bias. But knowing such hatred is out there. How woukd you react? I kept my mouth shut this time.

Hmmmm... exceedingly polite, eh?

99th_Monkey (10,288 posts)
1. I don't trust people who are "exceedingly polite"

Because I know it's a facade, and wonder what's lurking behind it.

franksolich

5. I had a grandmother who was exceedingly

polite. As she aged she had a few ministrokes. She would be quite confused at times. And always polite and gracious. There was no facade. Her sister told me they were brought up to put others first. Nothing hiding there. Even when my grandfather got sick with altzheimers she didn‘t complain, to a fault. Granted she had a father who was incredibly kind and married a very sweet man. And had two devoted kids. Life was not easy for her as her sweet husband went off to WWll in the infantry when he was 40. He came back wounded. But he did not have ptsd thank god. Maybe she never had a trauma to make her not trust. Thinking of others first was how she went through life. And I think she found it very rewarding. As anyone does. She did have the age of innocense thing going where she knew exactly what was up with everyone but kept it to herself. So it is not as if she was without defence. She was a lover of history too and read voraciously. So it was not as though she was naive. She was a good presbyterian in that she liked to make fun of herself. Which we all inherited. So she had depth. And self knowledge. I guess I‘m trying to say you can‘t generalize. Sometimes there is nothing lurking underneath. Except for perhaps a flapper doing the charleston, when nobody is looking.

Uhhh.. no.  30, perhaps.

helpmetohelpyou (300 posts)
3. Cashiers have a tough job

A lot of times they deal with idiots and it could be he just dealt with one a few minutes
before you came in.

He's in a bad mood and the person wants to pay for a small item with a $10

He's maybe running low on change or what ever . So in his mind he thought " great" another ****ing idiot I have to deal with today.

Don't look for racism in everything because sometimes you may see just what you want to see..

Well...... a mole?  Upping post count and being nice?

Quantess (26,000 posts)
6. Does everything have to be racist now?

This is getting ridiculous.

Huh.  Even a high poster is getting sick of it.  LSD wearing off?  :shrug:

8. My point exactly. I am primed for racism

because so much talk on the news. Something, I would automatically assume was just a store owner having a bad day if it happened to me, happened. Except I‘m primed. And even I wonder if it was malicious bias. And what must it be like to be primed all the time. Your whole life. It would be pretty dam hard.

(I am interested in this too because I was stalked and gossiped about maliciously. Store clerks would say “I don‘t find anything wrong with you“ which would upset and sooth me at the same time. Now have ptsd so the parallels to my own life make me question this ....because I can be very afraid I‘m not being left alone in my life. And often I am wrong. But often I am right. So it is hard to heal).

Lack of racism confuses primed primitive.  Up next on the Ed show.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025922808

Tiny little campfire and that's pretty much it.  Some of the (D)Ummies appear to be sick and tired of the Race Card®. 

He's not going to be happy....

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: (D)Ummie primed for a racism bouncy, launch fizzles
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 02:04:23 PM »
Was in line at a cash.
A what?

He seemed really annoyed the whole time. Don‘t know if he was being racist.
:whatever: Yeah, I hear cashiers say it all the time,  "I ain't makin' change for no n****r."

But knowing such hatred is out there.
Denied change for a dollar bill!  We will overcome!  Let my people go!

::)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »
Sounds like the DUmmies are seeing and feeling the effects of labeling everything as being politically racist. 

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 07:45:05 PM »
Sounds like the DUmmies are seeing and feeling the effects of labeling everything as being politically racist.

So there are negative side effects of wildly throwing around accusations of racism. It could actually rip at the fabric of our society.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.