Author Topic: DUmmy Makes Case for Supporting Grand Jury  (Read 1961 times)

Offline VivisMom

DUmmy Makes Case for Supporting Grand Jury
« on: November 25, 2014, 12:53:19 PM »
pettypace (732 posts)

Case for support of the Grand Jury decision

Just finished reading the NY Times story on the Grand jury which can be gleaned at the following link:

I believe it laid out an impressive case for why the Grand Jury decided as it did. The following are excerpts which back up the jury's decision.

* The most credible eyewitnesses to the shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., said he had charged toward Police Officer Darren Wilson just before the final, fatal shots

* The accounts of several other witnesses from the Ferguson .... including those who said Mr. Brown was trying to surrender — changed over time or were inconsistent with physical evidence

* the officer fired five shots as Mr. Brown charged him, then another five shots as he made what one witness called a “full charge."

*Some people claiming to be eyewitnesses said Mr. Brown was shot in the back....but later changed their stories when autopsies found no injuries entering his back.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I believe one last question remains, who among the 12 jurors disagreed with the decision not to indict. The article states that at least NINE couldn't agree. I'm not sure what that actually means, particularly since there were three blacks and nine whites on the jury.

If the decision was split racially, that would be the biggest story going forward.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025865684

Sadly, the clarity is short-lived as the rest of the inmates begin to fling poo:

ScreamingMeemie (64,766 posts)
2. I'm sorry, 12 shots...

I don't care.

truedelphi (30,022 posts)
11. Twelve shots to kill one person.

Who apparently did not deserve a jury trial for the crime he may or may not have committed, but which the public has been given every assurance he did committ.

Because, well, you know, skin color, and what more does anyone need to know?

arthritisR_US (5,005 posts)
20. Let's get real. That grand jury was not

presented with evidence from any prosecutor, it came from defense attorneys. They ran it like a fecking trial against Michael Brown.

BlueCaliDem (7,437 posts)
26. That's why they needed nine WHITE people. Dollars to donuts, all nine said no indictment.

Wilson defense attorney, McCulloch - who plays a prosecutor for the bright lights and cameras - did everything he could to ensure that another white cop got away with extrajudicial execution of a young black man, sending a message to all White cops across this nation: shoot to kill any Black you please if they so much as look at you because you get three months paid vacation and there will never, ever be any penalty for doing so.

U.S. police are no different than the Schutzstaffel (SS) and Gestapo of Nazi Germany, notwithstanding the good police officers with integrity who are few and far between.

Dreamer Tatum (9,315 posts)
35. Again, because all white people are racists.

Again, except you, of course.

:rofl:

It goes on and on...what it amounts to is that the DUmmies, all of whom have their Internet Law Degrees, say that the Grand Jury was wrong and white people suck. My question is: whose mole is this? I'd like to shake their hand.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DUmmy Makes Case for Supporting Grand Jury
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »
Wow.

I'm surprised Skippy hasn't shown up on this thread too.

The guy's full of fire (and other stuff) today.

Maybe he saw his boss coming, and as he's not supposed to be hanging around on the internet while on the time-clock.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »
* The most credible eyewitnesses to the shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., said he had charged toward Police Officer Darren Wilson just before the final, fatal shots

* The accounts of several other witnesses from the Ferguson .... including those who said Mr. Brown was trying to surrender — changed over time or were inconsistent with physical evidence

* the officer fired five shots as Mr. Brown charged him, then another five shots as he made what one witness called a “full charge."

*Some people claiming to be eyewitnesses said Mr. Brown was shot in the back....but later changed their stories when autopsies found no injuries entering his back.
...and you would have heard that evidence ahead of time if you had paid attention.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 03:03:57 PM »
BlueCaliDem (7,437 posts)
26. That's why they needed nine WHITE people. Dollars to donuts, all nine said no indictment.

Yes, it's all a huge conspiracy!!  They started this months and months ago when the picked the grand jury THEN they set it all up so that some unknown white cop could shoot and kill some unknown black kid.

:mental:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
Do they realize that a grand jury is empaneled before a case?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 03:12:47 PM »
Do they realize that a grand jury is empaneled before a case?

Evidently not.  They also don't really understand how it works.  They're trying to say now that not getting an indictment is very rare ...

I've served on a grand jury and we probably didn't indict 25% of the cases brought before us, for one reason or another.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 04:40:51 PM »
Yes, it's all a huge conspiracy!!  They started this months and months ago when the picked the grand jury THEN they set it all up so that some unknown white cop could shoot and kill some unknown black kid.

:mental:

KC
You're onto something there Tex.  And let's not forget that there are 12 people on the Grand Jury and 12 shots were fired by Officer Wilson.  Coincidence?  I think not.

File this under things that make you go hmmmmmmm
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 05:41:41 PM »
You're onto something there Tex.  And let's not forget that there are 12 people on the Grand Jury and 12 shots were fired by Officer Wilson.  Coincidence?  I think not.

AND, if you take out the FER SO from FERguSOn, you get GUN!!!! 

I see it all coming together now.  I knew those folks in MO were devious but I had no idea.  I need to go build a chicken wire police SUV ... I'll be back in a minute!

KC

*Stolen

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 06:08:04 PM »
Evidently not.  They also don't really understand how it works.  They're trying to say now that not getting an indictment is very rare ...

I've served on a grand jury and we probably didn't indict 25% of the cases brought before us, for one reason or another.

KC

And when the grand jury hears a case involving a cop claiming self-defense, they almost never indict (if ever). 

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 06:14:47 PM »

There are also 12 eggs in a dozen, 12 cans of malt liquor in a 12-pack, and 12 signs in the Zodiac.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 01:48:14 AM »
There are also 12 eggs in a dozen, 12 cans of malt liquor in a 12-pack, and 12 signs in the Zodiac.

To say nothing of the average IQ of St. Swisher and his hoodrat family.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 11:55:42 AM »

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

12 months in a year, half a day is 12 hours, my car holds 12 gallons of gas, I have a 12 horsepower lawn mower, my driveway is 12 hundred feet long...

OH MY GOD!!!!   :o
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 02:24:35 PM »
12 months in a year, half a day is 12 hours, my car holds 12 gallons of gas, I have a 12 horsepower lawn mower, my driveway is 12 hundred feet long...

OH MY GOD!!!!   :o

Dummy math...All those 12s might explain why they see a gross injustice, where none otherwise exists.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 01:37:14 AM »
One DUmmy (or mole) said "12 shots" in a very disparaging way.

He has no idea how hard it is to hit a moving target, and probably less of an idea of how to hit a stationary one with a firearm.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 01:52:45 AM »
One DUmmy (or mole) said "12 shots" in a very disparaging way.

He has no idea how hard it is to hit a moving target, and probably less of an idea of how to hit a stationary one with a firearm.

I doubt that the FPD still issues revolvers. Large cap 9mm semi-autos have been issued by PDs since the late 70's. Most cities and States with a taxpaying base have issued high-cap .40 cal S&W's over the past several years. Twelve shots wouldn't empty a 14-15 round mag.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 11:25:07 AM »
I doubt that the FPD still issues revolvers. Large cap 9mm semi-autos have been issued by PDs since the late 70's. Most cities and States with a taxpaying base have issued high-cap .40 cal S&W's over the past several years. Twelve shots wouldn't empty a 14-15 round mag.

Pure conjecture here- If Ferguson purchased their weapons on the state contract, Officer Wilson was carrying a Glock 22.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Dori

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 12:24:06 PM »

According to his testimony, he said he carried a Sig Sauer P229 .40 caliber. It held 12 bullets in the mag. and 1 in the chamber.

He tried several times to shoot inside the car and two bullets finally went off.

Here is his testimony. 

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/national/read-darren-wilsons-full-grand-jury-testimony/1472/
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 02:46:59 PM »

People who haven't tried have no idea how difficult it is to hit a stationary target with a short-barrelled handgun, even when your nerves are calm and steady.

I used to be in a pistol league shooting the National Match Course, using a target pistol with extremely light trigger pull, no detectable trigger creep, and a long barrel. Even so, it was amazing how very slight misalignment or improper grip could cause terrible misses.

With your heart thumping, adrenalin flowing, in fear of your life, with a man running to kill you, I think it's remarkable to get as many good hits as he did.

And in that situation you'd have to be a fool to stop firing before the attacker hits the deck.

Offline Dori

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 03:03:26 PM »
People who haven't tried have no idea how difficult it is to hit a stationary target with a short-barrelled handgun, even when your nerves are calm and steady.

I used to be in a pistol league shooting the National Match Course, using a target pistol with extremely light trigger pull, no detectable trigger creep, and a long barrel. Even so, it was amazing how very slight misalignment or improper grip could cause terrible misses.

With your heart thumping, adrenalin flowing, in fear of your life, with a man running to kill you, I think it's remarkable to get as many good hits as he did.

And in that situation you'd have to be a fool to stop firing before the attacker hits the deck.

In the ABC interview, he said that during his time on the force, that this is the first time that he had ever pulled his gun out. 

So outside of his training, sounds like he'd never been in this situation before.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2014, 09:32:09 AM »

Dummy math...All those 12s might explain why they see a gross injustice, where none otherwise exists.

CMD

High five for old-school math!
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2014, 09:33:21 AM »
According to his testimony, he said he carried a Sig Sauer P229 .40 caliber. It held 12 bullets in the mag. and 1 in the chamber.

He tried several times to shoot inside the car and two bullets finally went off.

Here is his testimony. 

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/national/read-darren-wilsons-full-grand-jury-testimony/1472/

Thanks for the correction!
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 11:24:57 AM »

Now, Gobucks, I KNOW you've seen the threads where the DUmmies have gone to the firing range for the first time and have discovered, to their surprise, it's not thàt hard and they are proclaimed expert shots!  I know I've seen many of them.

KC

*Stolen