Author Topic: Ben Carson, the latest Republican black toy.  (Read 1098 times)

Offline VivisMom

Ben Carson, the latest Republican black toy.
« on: November 07, 2014, 12:44:01 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025780898

Tommy_Carcetti (21,257 posts)

So Ben Carson's gonna run for President, and more than one white Republican I know heart is a flutterin'.

So why all the gushing love for Carson? It's simple. He's the latest in a long line of "black toys" for the Republican Party. He's not the first, and he won't be the last.

The guy they tout out as their great black hope, to prove once and for all that the Republicans aren't a party synonymous with racism, and that they can have their own Barack Obama that will cause African American voters to abandon the Democratic party in droves and pin on their elephant lapel pins.

We've seen it before. Michael Steele. Allen West. Herman Cain. Same song, same dance.

The thing though is, for an African American to rise to the level of cognitive dissonance that would allow him or her to embrace the ideals of the Republican Party, we can't expect the most emotionally balanced individuals. And thus, they flame out quickly. Very quickly.

Hence, that's the reason we talk about Steele, West and Cain in the past tense and not in the present. Because they were done in by their own inevitable flaws. On the other hand, the Democratic Party has guys like John Lewis that have been a force in the party for decades. Because they don't have to wake up every morning and constantly lie to themselves. And it's that constant lying to themselves that I think throws black Republicans off the rails mentally.

What's worse, though, is that the GOP leadership doesn't really care. If one black Republican fails--and they inevitably do--they'll just replace him with another one. And they'll replace that guy with the next. And so on and so forth. So Steele gets replaced by West gets replaced by Cain gets replaced by Carson gets replaced by who knows? I'm sure Mia Love will be thrown in the mix sometime soon, and then probably spit out just as quickly.

Meanwhile, the Republican party remains so incredibly stupid in thinking that blacks will flock to their party simply because they'll throw out a black Republican to vote for. Such a thinking is incredibly patronizing of the African American community, who knows it is much smarter than what the GOP takes it for.

:racist:

LibertyLover (4,555 posts)
2. He was a neurosurgeon

but now is retired. Also, per people in the OR who knew him - he wasn't that great. Johns Hopkins had at least one other black, pediatric neurosurgeon who was better than Ben and a lot nicer to staff.

9. He's like Clarence Thomas without the sexual harassment allegations. nt

I love how we're the racists, but they're the ones who spend all their time talking about race.

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Ben Carson, the latest Republican black toy.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:48:58 PM »

So Ben Carson's gonna run for President, and more than one white Republican I know heart is a flutterin'.

So why all the gushing love for Carson? It's simple. He's the latest in a long line of "black toys" for the Republican Party. He's not the first, and he won't be the last.

The guy they tout out as their great black hope, to prove once and for all that the Republicans aren't a party synonymous with racism, and that they can have their own Barack Obama that will cause African American voters to abandon the Democratic party in droves and pin on their elephant lapel pins.

We've seen it before. Michael Steele. Allen West. Herman Cain. Same song, same dance.

The thing though is, for an African American to rise to the level of cognitive dissonance that would allow him or her to embrace the ideals of the Republican Party, we can't expect the most emotionally balanced individuals. And thus, they flame out quickly. Very quickly.

Hence, that's the reason we talk about Steele, West and Cain in the past tense and not in the present. Because they were done in by their own inevitable flaws. On the other hand, the Democratic Party has guys like John Lewis that have been a force in the party for decades. Because they don't have to wake up every morning and constantly lie to themselves. And it's that constant lying to themselves that I think throws black Republicans off the rails mentally.

What's worse, though, is that the GOP leadership doesn't really care. If one black Republican fails--and they inevitably do--they'll just replace him with another one. And they'll replace that guy with the next. And so on and so forth. So Steele gets replaced by West gets replaced by Cain gets replaced by Carson gets replaced by who knows? I'm sure Mia Love will be thrown in the mix sometime soon, and then probably spit out just as quickly.

Meanwhile, the Republican party remains so incredibly stupid in thinking that blacks will flock to their party simply because they'll throw out a black Republican to vote for. Such a thinking is incredibly patronizing of the African American community, who knows it is much smarter than what the GOP takes it for.

Past tense???  Walker/West 2016!!!!!!!  :yahoo:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:53:37 PM »
2. He was a neurosurgeon

but now is retired. Also, per people in the OR who knew him - he wasn't that great. Johns Hopkins had at least one other black, pediatric neurosurgeon who was better than Ben and a lot nicer to staff. 

:lmao:

In 1987, neurosurgeon Ben Carson successfully performed an operation to separate Siamese twins who were born joined at the head. It was a milestone in neurosurgery, but was far from the only noteworthy achievement of Carson's career.

He also performed ground-breaking surgery on a twin suffering from an abnormal expansion of the head. Carson was able to relieve the swelling and remove the surplus fluid-all while the unborn twin remained in its mother's uterus. This too was a first, and in other instances Carson has performed operations which have greatly expanded scientific knowledge of the brain and its functions. His "can-do" spirit, combined with his medical expertise, has made him the surgeon of choice for parents with children suffering rare neurological conditions.   

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3404707133.html

Liberals love to spew B-S.  :loser:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 12:58:03 PM »
:lmao:

Liberals love to spew B-S.  :loser:

Those accomplishments don't count, because those were infants primitives usually think should be sucked out in pieces when still in the womb.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:35:40 PM »
Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story is a 2009 movie directed by Thomas Carter, starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and Kimberly Elise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gifted_Hands:_The_Ben_Carson_Story

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 01:47:19 PM »
Allen West, Ben Carson, Herman Cain.

Who are men who have accomplished significantly more than any Dummy ever?

Colonel, Neurosurgeon, CEO.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »
Has anyone forwarded this to conservative media types?  Shined a light in the roach den, so to speak?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 02:28:10 PM »
Proving once again that it is the left that believe black people must be controlled by any means necessary and don`t ever dare to think for yourself.
There is nothing in that screed that isn`t arrogant and condescending and it is based on only one thing,race.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »
2. He was a neurosurgeon

And who exactly are these "people in the OR"  Do they have names or faces or the guts to come forward with claims of how he "wasn't that great"  or are you just pulling this out of your ass to get DU cred?

Regardless, I'm sure that while he was working at Johns Hopkins, he came to work everyday and actually did productive work that saved lives rather than just show up and vote present like the current occupant in the White House did in his former job.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »
Allen West, Ben Carson, Herman Cain.

Who are men who have accomplished significantly more than any Dummy ever?

Colonel, Neurosurgeon, CEO.

I assume you only mean among currently-active DUmmies, because either TiT or Nads would easily outmatch all three of them by him- or herself...just ask them.

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »
And who exactly are these "people in the OR"  Do they have names or faces or the guts to come forward with claims of how he "wasn't that great"  or are you just pulling this out of your ass to get DU cred?

Regardless, I'm sure that while he was working at Johns Hopkins, he came to work everyday and actually did productive work that saved lives rather than just show up and vote present like the current occupant in the White House did in his former job.

This is the circle jerk of leftist "truth",post that at the DUmp and then someone else posts at KOS that they read it and then a huffpo reader carries the torch and so on.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 03:48:47 PM »

They overheard the pediatric nurses talking while they were in the mailroom looking for a check.   :rofl:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 03:49:11 PM »
I assume you only mean among currently-active DUmmies, because either TiT or Nads would easily outmatch all three of them by him- or herself...just ask them.

I wouldn't want Nads doing any surgery on me.  She'd use a dirty straw, a pocketknife, and peanut butter.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »
Response to Tommy_Carcetti (Original post)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 03:49 PM

Tom Ripley (4,235 posts)
57. I prefer the phrase " conservative negro du jour"

Response to Tom Ripley (Reply #57)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 03:57 PM

B2G (3,948 posts)
60. I thought that term was now taboo.

See, this is what drives me crazy.

There is a different set of standards around here based on one's political leanings. I've seen the term Uncle Tom and Aunt Jemima bandied about by our side...seems to be OK as long as it's delivered against out political opponents.

That is just wrong wrong wrong. Racism is racism, regardless of who it's directed at.

This kind of post drives me insane.

Look around you,that stink you smell is the cesspool you are standing in.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 04:56:20 PM »

True.  Nads is a modern-day renaissance woman. 

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »

B2G (3,948 posts)

There is a different set of standards around here based on one's political leanings. I've seen the term Uncle Tom and Aunt Jemima bandied about by our side...seems to be OK as long as it's delivered against out political opponents.

That is just wrong wrong wrong. Racism is racism, regardless of who it's directed at.

I saw Mia Love branded as an Aunt Jemima the other day and about lost my sh*t. So it's okay to call her racist slurs, but if we even so much as look wrong at Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson et al, we're all KKK members? Riiiiiiiight.  :hammer:

B2G seems to have at least a modicum of awareness, hopefully they get off the island before it's too late.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »

I saw Mia Love branded as an Aunt Jemima the other day and about lost my sh*t. So it's okay to call her racist slurs, but if we even so much as look wrong at Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson et al, we're all KKK members? Riiiiiiiight.  :hammer:

B2G seems to have at least a modicum of awareness, hopefully they get off the island before it's too late.

Wait until you see the name of the woman Obumbles is going to nominate to take Eric Holder's spot. 

We'll get accused of being racysis just by saying her name. 

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »
The guy they tout out as their great black hope, to prove once and for all that the Republicans aren't a party synonymous with racism

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/may/25/michael-steele/steele-says-gop-fought-hard-civil-rights-bills-196/
In the mid 1960s, the South was overwhelmingly Democratic -- a legacy of the Civil War and Reconstruction, when the Republican Party was the leading force against slavery and its legacy.

The degree of Republican support for the two bills actually exceeded the degree of Democratic support, and it's also fair to say that Republicans took leading roles in both measures, even though they had far fewer seats, and thus less power, at the time. Both of these factors are enough to earn Steele a rating of True.

Not that any lurkers are capable of absorbing the simple fact that Republicans have always supported EQUAL rights.  Not Special Rights, but EQUAL rights...

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 07:30:35 PM »
I can't stand to look at that place but I bet that this guy may not last long over there.

B2G (3,948 posts)

:-)
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »
B2G (3,948 posts)

B2G, you are welcome to come over here and take a look around, maybe even stay on.  The air is fresher, the water is cleaner and the people are nicer.  We even welcome opposing views here.

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 01:08:23 PM »

Response to Tommy_Carcetti (Original post)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 04:04 PM

MrScorpio (61,179 posts)

64. I hope that he runs...

The damage that his sheer idiocy will inflict on the Republican brand will be epic.

Only one problem, there is  no "sheer idiocy" there.  Careful what you wish for.  I have a hope that threads like these inflict epic damage to the democrat brand. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 01:09:43 PM »
He's no Hank Johnson, that's for sure.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »
He's no Hank Johnson, that's for sure.
In fairness, Hank "tip over and capsize" Johnson was just looking out for the safety and welfare of the inhabitants of Guam.

Police lives matter.