Author Topic: xchrom gets post election stress disorder  (Read 475 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
xchrom gets post election stress disorder
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:06:23 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025773958

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 06:04 AM

xchrom (107,098 posts)

When Bullies Win: How Do Weary Americans Face the Post-Election Trauma?
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/when-bullies-win-how-do-weary-americans-face-post-election-trauma

Most of us did not escape that moment on the playground when the bully came over and demanded our candy. What could we do? The bruising boy and the mean girl used fear and intimidation to get their way. If that didn’t work, there were other methods. Sometimes the bully had powerful friends and came on gangster-style. Other times the mean girl shoved and hit us and left us flailing in the dirt. However it happened, it left wounds.

As a native North Carolinian, I felt some memory of those early wounds creeping into my body as I watched the election returns come in. After an ugly, protracted fight sucking up more money than any senate race in the country, Republican Thom Tillis, the speaker of the rabid North Carolina House of Representatives, beat incumbent Democrat Kay Hagan by a slim margin. He will now take his bare-knuckles brand of politics to Washington.

A consummate bully, Tillis is the kind of man who allegedly shot paintballs at his neighbor’s barn. He bullies teachers, accusing them of choosing their profession in order to get rich, despite the fact that NC ranks close to the bottom of the country in teacher pay. He bullies people struggling to get by, backing a mean-spirited proposal to force those on public assistance to submit to drug testing. "What we have to do is find a way to divide and conquer the people who are on assistance," he once told a crowd at a NC college. He bullies women who try to terminate their pregnancies safely and has promoted measures to force them to undergo unnecessary ultrasounds. He bullies African Americans, suggesting that public assistance is “de facto reparations” for slavery. He bullies people away from the polls, trying to ensure that they have no redress for their grievances. Schoolchildren, immigrants, gay people, sick people, and the elderly have all been victims of his relentless aggression. Tillis is a bully, and he knows how to get his way.

He was just one of a whole gang of bullies who won yesterday. In Rhode Island, Democrat Gina Raimondo, who has manipulated pensions in order to funnel money away from working people to her hedge-fund friends, won the governorship. In New York, Democrat Andrew Cuomo, who stooped to creating a fake women’s party in order to siphon support from the Working Families Party, keeps his place in the governor’s mansion. In Michigan, Republican governor Rick Snyder, the bully-extraordinaire who has devoted himself to union-crushing, was re-elected. And Scott Walker in Wisconsin. And so on, across the country.

:mental: :lmao: :rotf:

Response to xchrom (Original post)

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 06:07 AM

Star Member djean111 (4,314 posts)
1. I have no GOP friends. I dropped them or we drifted, thankfully, away.

I do not watch the news. I don't read the sewage, like freeperland.
I just hunker down and try to figure out what my family can do when the shit hits our fan

There is nothing you can do!
BWHAHAHAHAHA

Response to xchrom (Original post)

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 07:55 AM

Star Member a kennedy (9,089 posts)
5. I'm using that graphic......very effective and exactly the way I feel....

I'm crying, and screaming both at the same time.....crying for my country, and screaming for all the reasons the dems lost so horribly bad.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: xchrom gets post election stress disorder
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:14:44 AM »
I'm sure they'll figure out a way to roll it all into their SSDI disability claims.

::)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 08:22:05 AM »
I'm crying and screaming as well.. :yahoo:

Too bad you DUmbasses are too stupid to realize the reason why dims lost so horribly, lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, along with his policies.

You remember those policies, right, those same policies Barry declared that although HE wasn't on the ballot, his POLICIES were?

The people spoke Tuesday, and they spoke of Barry's policies.  They spoke loud and clear, they spoke only ONE WORD!

REJECTED!!!!!!!     :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 08:23:54 AM »
I'm crying and screaming as well.. :yahoo:

Too bad you DUmbasses are too stupid to realize the reason why dims lost so horribly, lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, along with his policies.

You remember those policies, right, those same policies Barry declared that although HE wasn't on the ballot, his POLICIES were?

The people spoke Tuesday, and they spoke of Barry's policies.  They spoke loud and clear, they spoke only ONE WORD!

REJECTED!!!!!!!     :lol:

Even in the PRNY.  The NYS Senate went back to Republican control, and three US House Dems lost.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.