Author Topic: "Reagan did a lot of great things..." Then I ask them to name ONE...  (Read 3106 times)

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
maveric  (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-18-08 03:13 PM
Original message
"Reagan did a lot of great things..." Then I ask them to name ONE...
 And they come up with "Well he did but I just cant remember one right now".
Besides the ridiculous "He ended the Cold War", statement, they cant name ANYTHING ELSE!

Try this sometime.

Okay, he ended the Cold War, broke up the Soviet Union, cut taxes, got the nation back from the Carter economy, but most of all, he proved just how morally bankrupt your political philosophy truly is.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2713709
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Lord Undies

Re: "Reagan did a lot of great things..." Then I ask them to name ONE...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 03:33:26 PM »
I cannot imagine anyone having a problem answering the DUmmie's question.  It's not like the DUmmie ask them to name one of President Bush's lies. 

President Reagan's greatest accomplishment, which he accomplished by merely being himself, was to restore the American spirit after the democrats' most successful decade of tearing it apart.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »
I cannot imagine anyone having a problem answering the DUmmie's question.  It's not like the DUmmie ask them to name one of President Bush's lies. 

President Reagan's greatest accomplishment, which he accomplished by merely being himself, was to restore the American spirit after the democrats' most successful decade of tearing it apart.

He also laid the foundation for what the DUmmies call "the Clinton Economy" which was, of course, the Reagan Economy. Without the Reagan economic policies, Clinton would not have had a second term (or maybe even a first one).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »
niyad (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-18-08 03:17 PM
Response to Original message
5. he fired the air traffic controllers
 oops

He sure did....after they went on strike, and Reagan warned them that if they didn't stop throwing their tantrum, he'd fire them. After he did what he told them he would do, then they really had something to whine and piss about  :lmao:

Oh, and 'niyad' is a practicing witch, folks  :puke:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 10:10:31 AM »
maveric  (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-18-08 03:13 PM
Original message
"Reagan did a lot of great things..." Then I ask them to name ONE...

The economy stupid!
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 10:31:38 AM »
niyad (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-18-08 03:17 PM
Response to Original message
5. he fired the air traffic controllers
 oops

He sure did....after they went on strike, and Reagan warned them that if they didn't stop throwing their tantrum, he'd fire them. After he did what he told them he would do, then they really had something to whine and piss about  :lmao:

Oh, and 'niyad' is a practicing witch, folks  :puke:

You failed to mention that the air traffic controllers strike was 100% illegal.  Everyone of them broke the law.  Was President Reagan suppose to ignore that?  The controllers tried to back the President into a corner.  If the President had allowed the controller to carry on with their strike, they would be the ones leading the nation, not him.  Even the most liberal president, I hope, would have done the same thing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »
He also began the process of building the greatest military the world has ever seen.
After Jimmy Carter decimated the military and advertised it's weakness, Pres Reagan gave us strength again.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 10:48:49 AM »
Reagan reminded us that we should be proud to be Americans, unlike the bunch of American hating liberals that we call Democrats
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 10:54:34 AM »
Reagan reminded us that we should be proud to be Americans, unlike the bunch of American hating liberals that we call Democrats

I've heard mark Levin and Andrew Wilcow replay some of his speeches lately.

They are jsut as fresh and just as relevant today as they were when he first gave them.

And that includes his stump speeches for Goldwater in the 60's.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 10:56:01 AM »
True...he made it crystal clear how proud he was to be an American. Just what we needed after the apologist years Carter gave us.