Author Topic: In Idaho, Christian Pastors Ordered to Perform Gay Marriages  (Read 3417 times)

Offline mrclose

In Idaho, Christian Pastors Ordered to Perform Gay Marriages
« on: October 18, 2014, 09:24:30 PM »
In Idaho, Christian Pastors Ordered to Perform Gay Marriages. You Will Be Made to Care.

It is one of the tenets of the current movement toward gay marriage. They get to get married, Christians are forced to provide goods and services if they demand it, but — and this is the key caveat of it all — but Christian ministers will not be forced to wed gays because of their religious concerns.

That was last week. This is this week where the government of Coeur D’Alene, Idaho is forcing two Christians pastors to marry gays.

Libertarian atheists who hate Christians and don’t like to admit it will find their exception at this point. Donald and Evelyn Knapp run the Hitching Post, wherein they perform marriages. “Yes,” say the libertarians, “it’s a business so they must provide accommodation.”

For the rest of us, the Knapps are Christians. They run their Hitching Post as a ministry and their weddings are religious affairs with quotes from scripture, etc.

That does not matter.

According to the state, the Knapp’s must provide gay marriages if they are to marry anyone at all.

You will be made to care. The Knapp’s will be made to care. And all the people who said this would never happen will move the goal posts.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/10/18/in-idaho-christian-pastors-ordered-to-perform-gay-marriages-you-will-be-made-to-care/
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: In Idaho, Christian Pastors Ordered to Perform Gay Marriages
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 10:33:09 PM »
Hello? ACLU? I have a bit of a problem...

<click>

Kinda what I expected...

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
Who or what has the authority to change the rites of any religious, or of like minded people ???

Take the millions of members of the Moose Lodges.   Farracon's  men only and Black only meetings that has guards at the front door with big weapons to keep out the uninvited.

Small lodges of the like minded spring up everywhere.   Fancy if a biker club were forced to accept as members, gay members riding Vespa's and mopeds.  Give that one about 20 seconds to become no problem at all.

Problem as I see it is the Christians have been born and breed on love and peace expecting all others to do the same. It just don't work that way anymore.

Time to rescue the Church before the original faith is wipe out.     

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 10:47:35 AM »

Time to rescue the Church before the original faith is wipe out.

Time for churches to ban together to fight this.

This needs to go to the supreme court once and for all. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 11:30:21 AM »
The author constructed a weird strawman, imaginary "libertarians" who would support government forcing businesses and churches to provide goods or services against their will. That is tyranny, not liberty.

Out here in the real world, libertarians believe in the freedom of the individual, groups, businesses, and churches to act in accordance with their beliefs, without government force or coercion- including deciding whom to allow onto their property, to associate with, to do business with, or to allow to participate in their rites.

The author wrote that "the state" forced the wedding chapel to perform same-sex marriages. If the author was honest, he would point the finger at the real government of the state of Idaho, not the badly-drawn "libertarians" under his bed:
-Governor of Idaho: Butch Otter, Republican
-Idaho State Senate: 28 Republicans, 7 Democrats, 0 Libertarians
-Idaho State House of Representatives: 57 Republicans, 17 Democrats, 0 Libertarians
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 02:04:34 PM »
American Thinker has an article on this matter. http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/10/new_america_ordained_ministers_threatened_with_jail_unless_they_perform_same_sex_marriages.html

The wedding chapel ministers were threatened with fines and jail time by the City of Couer d'Alene (not the State of Idaho, as the Red State author wrote), because the city's "non-discrimination" ordinance requires them to perform same-sex marriages.

Mayor of Couer d'Alene: Steve Widmyer, Democrat
City Council: 3 Republicans, 3 Democrats, 0 Libertarians.

All the libertarians must be under the Red State author's bed!

The ministers filed a Federal lawsuit, and are represented by the Alliance Defending Freedom (formerly the Alliance Defense Fund).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:13:22 PM by Big Dog »
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »
Part of why the city feels justified in doing this is the fact that the wedding chapel is operated as a business, not a church.  We've already seen that the left is willing to make Christians go against their faith if they operate a business.

I sure wish Muslims ran businesses. I want to see the left do the same to them.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 02:19:03 PM »
I sure wish Muslims ran businesses. I want to see the left do the same to them.

I'd demand they serve me bacon.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.