Author Topic: The ABC Of Hand Tools (1945)  (Read 10033 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
The ABC Of Hand Tools (1945)
« on: September 28, 2014, 09:55:38 PM »
Produced by Disney for General Motors, this instructional video shows how to use hand tools for basic tasks. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd2PNHysj7A[/youtube]

I have to say the how-to on wire stripping with a pair of pliers was interesting.  Don't be a Primitive Pete... watch the video.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

Re: The ABC Of Hand Tools (1945)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 10:08:33 PM »
Produced by Disney for General Motors, this instructional video shows how to use hand tools for basic tasks. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd2PNHysj7A[/youtube]

I have to say the how-to on wire stripping with a pair of pliers was interesting.  Don't be a Primitive Pete... watch the video.

I just use a pair of cable cutters to strip motor lead wires from AWG 20 to AWG 4/0.  Sometimes I have to use a utility knife to slice the insulation lengthwise.

Offline zeitgeist

Re: The ABC Of Hand Tools (1945)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »
 I use to run that film every fall.  I also use to run one called 'Eye Emergency' but I only ran it once after lunch in a stuffy room. :puke:

When I started showing 'Pete' it was on a 16mm two reel film which I managed to finally get transferred to the Sony "Umatic" format.  And man was that like pulling hen's teeth, had to get a release to have it done.   

I also had a great collection of WWII training films on all the major machine tools and practices.
< watch this space for coming distractions >