Author Topic: TV Ratings: 'Thursday Night Football' Drops With Snoozer Game  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
TV Ratings: 'Thursday Night Football' Drops With Snoozer Game
« on: September 20, 2014, 05:44:53 PM »
TV Ratings: 'Thursday Night Football' Drops With Snoozer Game
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-thursday-night-football-734304

The second outing of CBS' Thursday Night Football was bound to be smaller than last week — especially when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers entered the fourth quarter without having put any points on the board. Though the team did manage two scoring drives to avoid a shutout against the Atlanta Falcons, 14-56, many viewers had clearly turned the dial.

Preliminary ratings are down 40 percent from last week, with CBS and the NFL Net averaging a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49 in fast national returns. Last week's game, which averaged an early 5.5 rating, went up to a 7.5 in the key demo once time zone adjustments were made.

Interest in the matchup was clearly already low, as pre-game coverage was also down 34 percent from comparable preliminary numbers last week. That coverage did take on the ongoing public debate over domestic abuse among NFL players and the league's handling of it.

Are you ready for some Thursday Night Football?

Friday is high school, Saturday is college, while Sunday is pro football.

NFL has become more PC these days. I am here to watch sports, not hear political commentary from the announcers.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:47:17 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline dixierose

Re: TV Ratings: 'Thursday Night Football' Drops With Snoozer Game
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 11:15:55 PM »
I'm a Falcons fan...and I was pure embarrassed for Tampa Bay. I didn't stick around for the 4th quarter myself.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline cavegal

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 11:30:22 AM »
I haven't watched a game yet this year. don't know if I will. Hate that PC crap. Just play football.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »
I never turned it on when I happened upon the score at 28-0.

The Kansas State/Auburn game was much more competitive and compelling, as were several pennant race baseball games I was interested in that night.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline cavegal

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 02:17:54 PM »
I never turned it on when I happened upon the score at 28-0.

The Kansas State/Auburn game was much more competitive and compelling, as were several pennant race baseball games I was interested in that night.
I used to watch college football all the time with my mom. After she passed it just didn't seem the same.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16