Author Topic: Catholic League pulls out of NYC St. Patrick’s Parade  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Dori

Catholic League pulls out of NYC St. Patrick’s Parade
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:09:11 AM »
It's about time we turn the tables on the discrimination by the so called tolerant left.  Gay rights group in, Pro-Life groups out.

Donohue explained that he told the parade committee he could only support the decision to allow the homosexual group to march if there were a formal revision in the parade's rules governing marching units.

“To be specific, I asked them to pledge that a pro-life Catholic group would also be permitted. I was told that a formal change in the rules had been approved and that a pro-life group would march,” said Donohue in his statement. “Now I am being told that the list of marching units is set and that no pro-life group will march in next year's parade. Accordingly, I have decided to withdraw our participation.”

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/catholic-league-pulls-out-of-nyc-st.-patricks-parade

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Catholic League pulls out of NYC St. Patrick’s Parade
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
It's about time we turn the tables on the discrimination by the so called tolerant left.  Gay rights group in, Pro-Life groups out.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/catholic-league-pulls-out-of-nyc-st.-patricks-parade

This parade is about race  and the origions it comes from and pride in ones ancesters.

No different from the dozens of parades for October Fest with thousands of Germans leaping about slapping each other on the butt and serving 90 gallons of beer and two tons of souquote.  Why are the American indians demanding to be able to join the parade. 

Why do the people wanting to march for any reason find a way to hitch hike on a parade that has nothing to do with them. 

These folk need to go find their OWN Parade, Fancy the KKK wanting to march and the Black Panthers demanded the right to march with them.     

Now here is an noval idea, Mussies want to march but they are forced to march in a gay parade,     ETC.  I would pay a two weeks income to sit back and watch these parades on TV in the comfort of my home and far away from the carnage.

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 01:23:20 PM »
Yes the parade is about Irish culture, but it's also about St Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland and the Catholic's have pulled out.

Irritating.... :mad:

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 09:40:13 AM »
Yes the parade is about Irish culture, but it's also about St Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland and the Catholic's have pulled out.

Irritating.... :mad:

Irish culture is a very rich and thousand year tradition from the clothing they wear to the faith they have.  Unlike any other on earth.    Saints Pats day is a day to honor the ancestors -------Most of us non Irish do eat the corrned beef potatoes and cabbage to honor the culture as  a huge building block in America.

A tradition we do to honor others that may be somewhere back in our DNA. Same as we French honor Prince spegetti day on Wendsday in Boston. 

So the Irish want to have a parade to honor their faith and tradition, this is their day not the day of the anyone else.

I agree that the Church should pull out  of a desceration of a ceremony to honor a church figure that was so much a part of life for the people.     

Offline TerryOfromCA

• Right from the Left Coast
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:53:25 PM »
If I may interject: Many days on the Church calendar have been corrupted by the secular world and this is one of them. The Feast Day of Saint Patrick is an official day on the Church calendar. He is mentioned at Mass on that day.  That is what the day is about for a faithful practicing Catholic.

But just as Christmas in the secular world has become about elfs and reindeer and all sorts crap, St Patrick's day has become about beer and leprechauns.  But don't ever think that's what its really about.
Tea Party = Lower Taxes, Small Government, intent of the Founding Fathers
Democrats = Gay Marriage, Abortion, High Taxes, Big Government
Clarity. It's a beautiful thing.