Author Topic: Dinnertime....whatcha having??  (Read 15586 times)

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Dinnertime....whatcha having??
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2008, 11:23:31 PM »
If I told you my diet intake for the last 21 days (since I have been at The Fair), you would be disgusted.  For example, today I had a McDonald's Breakfast Burito around 9 am, and two sausage & biscuits (I had made days ago and frozen) around 3 pm.  Coffee before, in between, and after, and after again.   

Offline Flame

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2008, 06:52:02 AM »
If I told you my diet intake for the last 21 days (since I have been at The Fair), you would be disgusted.  For example, today I had a McDonald's Breakfast Burito around 9 am, and two sausage & biscuits (I had made days ago and frozen) around 3 pm.  Coffee before, in between, and after, and after again.   

Are you having fun at the fair, Undies?  I miss your banter here, looking forward to your return!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »
Gonna have some Rainbow Trout I caught last night.  :cheersmate:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline debk

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »
Made Paula Deen's Gorilla Bread late this morning.

Had 2 pieces.....I don't think I need any more caloric intake today.....but it was wickedly sinfully scrumptious.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »
Mushrooms in your eggs?  :confused: :therock:

Of course--fresh ones only, though.  No canned.  And spinach.  Maybe a bit of feta cheese.

Yum.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »

And that's probably been your healthiest meal.

Tonight, I've said to hell with it.  Let the last helping of spaghetti and sausages wait until lunch tomorrow.

Tonight, I will dine on the finest fast-food cuisine available at 1 am in New Hampshire!

IOW, I'll just go hungry.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2008, 05:42:31 PM »
  :hyper: Fried catfish, hush puppies, cole slaw and french fries with plenty of sweet tea to wash it down.  :-)   :tongue:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline debk

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2008, 10:57:06 PM »
  :hyper: Fried catfish, hush puppies, cole slaw and french fries with plenty of sweet tea to wash it down.  :-)   :tongue:

oh yum!!!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2008, 12:00:21 AM »
Are you having fun at the fair, Undies?  I miss your banter here, looking forward to your return!

The answer is *no*.  It has been HELL.  This is my sixth time to work the fair and I have grown a lot older and sicker in that time.  It is just painful now.  I enjoyed the first few years.

Why do I do it?  If I told you the obscene amount of money I make in these 24 days, you wouldn't believe me.  I almost match half of my old yearly income. 

I know it is hard to feel sorry for me, but try.  Please. 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »
I just threw out my leftovers (one serving of spaghetti--no great loss).

So now I have to cook for tonight and tomorrow.  Dead mammal barbequed sounds good.  Maybe a shrimp cocktail to go with it (remoulade sauce of course--no cocktail sauce for me!)

Chicken/pasta tomorrow--something easy.  It's gonna be chilly the next couple of days so I don't want to go totally insane with the outside stuff.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2008, 10:17:48 AM »
Made Paula Deen's Gorilla Bread late this morning.

Had 2 pieces.....I don't think I need any more caloric intake today.....but it was wickedly sinfully scrumptious.

I've seen some of the stuff she cooks.........................I'm surprised she's not dead from a heart attack.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline debk

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2008, 06:26:29 PM »
I've seen some of the stuff she cooks.........................I'm surprised she's not dead from a heart attack.

It's like anything else....must be done in moderation.

I only cook with butter....never margarine. Years ago, I had melted margarine in the microwave for something and forgot about it. Little while later, I remembered it and went to get it out. It was sooooo gross and nasty. Haven't used margarine since.

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »

When I use her recipes, they taste great, but after I while I started to wonder why she uses so much butter and sugar in her cooking.  It's very unhealthy and good food doesn't always need to be loaded with fats and sugar.  But those two ingredients are the easiest ways to make things taste better.
People are most conservative on issues that they know most about.
   Ann Coulter

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2008, 07:13:47 PM »
Tonight I had two Jack-in-the-Box egg rolls.  Have y'all tried those?  They are REALLY good.  The sweet-n-sour dipping sauce is primo too.  I may never go back to the tacos (nah! Why am I lyin'?).

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2008, 07:22:42 PM »
Tonight I had two Jack-in-the-Box egg rolls.  Have y'all tried those?  They are REALLY good.  The sweet-n-sour dipping sauce is primo too.  I may never go back to the tacos (nah! Why am I lyin'?).

Sounds good. My kids might like them.  Where can I get them in Brooklyn?
   Ann Coulter

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »

I'm sure I wouldn't know.  How sad for you.   :innocent:

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »
I'm sure I wouldn't know.  How sad for you.   :innocent:
I am sad :(
   Ann Coulter

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »
I am sad :(

I haven't caught up with you new folks yet, so I assume you are speaking of Brooklyn, NY,  the Home origin of Babs Streisand and Archie Bunker? 

My advice to you is move.  I live in north Texas.  REAL civilization.   :p

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2008, 08:19:45 PM »
No, we love it here just fine.  Besides, we breed conservatives like Bill Bennett  :-)
   Ann Coulter

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »
No, we love it here just fine.  Besides, we breed conservatives like Bill Bennett  :-)
Sweetie, no one can be happy in "Brooklyn".  This nation is too large.  I've seen Brooklyn.  There are so many better places to be.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2008, 09:53:50 PM »
I'm making a pot of chili.  I have to confess, I've never made chili before so we shall see how it comes out.

It will sit in the fridge overnight and is lunch for tomorrow.  I hope it's good, cause it's a lot and I'll be eating it for a while now.

For dinner, I'm having green beans, corn and rice mixed together with a litter butter, salt and pepper.  I might heat up some green onion sausage to go with it too.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2008, 07:24:26 AM »
Sweetie, no one can be happy in "Brooklyn".  This nation is too large.  I've seen Brooklyn.  There are so many better places to be.

Listen, this was supposed to be a harmless thread about dinner and I asked you for advice on how to get what you were eating in my hometown.  I don't need to justify to you why I live here in the same way you don't have to justify why you live in Texas.

But I just want you to know that home values around here do not go down because it is desirable to live here. 

What your needs are different than mine, so please don't patronize me in saying I can't be "happy" here.  I have feet so if I wanted to move, I can.

In Brooklyn and very happy.
   Ann Coulter

Offline PoliticalChick

• Rebel Chick
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2008, 07:26:17 AM »
Lord Undies, BTW if you want to continue this discussion, start another thread, because I don't want to hijack it.
   Ann Coulter

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2008, 07:32:13 AM »

To answer your question: Jack-In-The-Box is a restaurant. I don't know if they are in the northeast anymore since they had a controversy back in the 70's which pretty much soiled their reputation there. They used to be all over Maryland when I was a kid.  They had them in Arizona when I lived there and they had a real hodge podge of selections of food and most of it was really good greasy spoon stuff. The shakes were pretty good too.

As for dinner tonight, I am making pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and a small salad on the side.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2008, 08:02:51 AM »
I dunno.. we have a whole freezer full of pork chops, pork loin, chicken breast, bratwurst, sirloin steak, round steak, bison (yes, bison, and it's delicious for buffalo Joes or Buffalo Chili), kielbasa, and more stuff. I think whatever the wife decides to make tonight, gotta have green beans and some garlic mashed potatoes to go with it. If not, McDonald's down the street is open until 1AM.  :-)

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin