Author Topic: Chaos Theory - breakdown on the candidates and the election  (Read 1506 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Chaos Theory - breakdown on the candidates and the election
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:17:51 AM »
It's a mile long but I'm going to post some worthy snippets. Franksolich is right as usual. There is nothing to worry about. The GOP field is doing fine. No need to get into an uproar just yet. The article illustrates this and points out (correctly) that the Democratic field is cracking up instead of coasting to victory.

..."There is one clear winner, though: the GOP itself. Contrary to all expectations, the Republican race is exciting. No candidate has proved to be a complete dud. All have shone for their moment in the sun. And so far all have fought tough but fair in a series of good-humored debates. I suspect the voters are beginning to like them. The bitter internecine crack-up that every political columnist has predicted has occurred all right -- not in conservatism where they've been looking for it but in the Democratic party which was supposed to be coasting to triumph."

..."SC will narrow the field; pity the poor candidate who finishes third there and winds up in the political electric chair. If McCain drops to third, he'll be labeled president of New Hampshire, but little else. If Romney finishes third, his impressive Michigan win will be tossed off as a home-state fluke and he'll be labeled a northeasterner who cannot sell in the South. If Huckabee finishes third in a state tailor made for him, any chance he has of actually winning the nomination will over."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/18/AR2008011801184_3.html

Lots of handicapping and guessing going on. I find it about as useful as prowling through the stables before a race. You can check out the horses, see what kind of feed they have, see what mood they are in, see how the other horses react to their presence, but when it comes down to it, it's anybody's race once the bell rings. I just hope my current favorite gets a spot at the gates.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle