Author Topic: Lawn mower  (Read 10538 times)

Offline ChuckJ

Lawn mower
« on: June 12, 2014, 02:29:30 PM »
Dad is trying to find a parts diagram for a push mower with a 500 series Briggs and Stratton engine. He's needing a diagram of the carburetor area. At Briggs and Stratton's website you have to have a model number to pull up anything, but he's looked in all three places where the model number is supposed to be and can't find one.

Anyone have any insight?

Don't have a clue why he's working on a push mower unless he's just looking for something to do. Last year he bought a riding mower that's nicer than my Jeep.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Dori

Re: Lawn mower
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »
Have you tried a search using "images"?

Or take it to a lawn mower repair service.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:45:12 PM »
Have you tried a search using "images"?

Or take it to a lawn mower repair service.

I've done a yahoo image search. Most of what came up that appeared to possibly be in the area he needed was too low res.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 03:00:17 PM »
I think I just found what he needs. We'll see.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 10:14:40 PM »
Dad called me and told me he fixed the lawn mower. He also gave me the rest of the story.

If I understood him correctly they bought it from Walmart as used, repaired, and as his. He said it looked like it had never been used more than once. He fixed it by removing the water from the carburetor. Maybe it originally belonged to a DUer who was anti-gas?

In a comment that would surely endear him to feminists on DU he said that they now had his and her lawnmowers: the big one with the seat was his and the push mower was mom's.