Author Topic: Bug Out In Style  (Read 11428 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Bug Out In Style
« on: June 04, 2014, 10:51:34 AM »
http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/vehicles/misc/earthroamer-xv-lt/
Earthroamer are global leaders in Xpedition Vehicles, their spectacular XV-LT model line is currently the best-selling Xpedition Vehicle model in the world, and we can see why, they are in a class of their own. The company take a Ford F550 diesel and then completely overhaul it and transform it into a completely self sufficient expedition vehicle. It features solar panels to generate electricity, hard wood cabinetry, leather seating, granite counters, convection microwave, forced air furnace, air-conditioning, king-size bed and a private bathroom with shower.
If I knew for certain I would need one of these in the future I would take out a loan to buy one. By "need" I mean a circumstance that would make repaying the loan a distant worry.

http://earthroamer.com/

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Dori

Re: Bug Out In Style
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 11:52:02 AM »
That's beautiful. 

When the kids were younger, we had an old overhead camper.  I loved that thing.  It was in good shape, yet not so new that I had to fret over spills and dirt getting tracked in.  Camping with kids isn't particularly clean and neat. 

I especially liked how compact it was.  I could get a lot more into it than the motor home. We took a two week trip and only had to stop once to do laundry and pick up perishables at the market.   

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 07:23:00 AM »
That would make a pretty nice hunting rig.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »

This is the best I got! 93 with 38.000 miles a full tank, 33 gal's! tv. dvd, ac, microwave, refrigerator, ar15, a ton of ammo, tents and everything else I need to bug out, on the road like the warrior I am. Bring on the road war! I'm waiting! Killing  prisus one at at time!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:37:32 PM by catsmtrods »
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »
That's pretty slick.  I dig it.  :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 11:31:13 AM »

This is the best I got! 93 with 38.000 miles a full tank, 33 gal's! tv. dvd, ac, microwave, refrigerator, ar15, a ton of ammo, tents and everything else I need to bug out, on the road like the warrior I am. Bring on the road war! I'm waiting! Killing  prisus one at at time!

Looks good but needs more grill guard to push or bust up stuff in front of you.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 10:54:02 AM »
Bssss, on the bug out.     No one with any brain will get on the highways in a bug out, you may get 1/2 mile from home when some crazy will slam dunk you , no one running from any terror will survive  the Highways.

In a city there are areas for survival------London subway tunnels for example.-----A bug out bag is use full only when one finds a place to get underground .

Plenty of places in the big city's to find older buildings with deep cellars and especially banks that store vaults down there.

We up here, are close enough to the old Air Force Sac base to walk or run to the safe havens left when the base closed down.  The hospital that is now used for a College that has been said to with stand a bomb blast.   I do wonder what is underground in that place.  First place I would head for in a time of panic and insanity.

In a terror operation or a man made problem say a power plant exploding, one does not want to be above  ground driving in a sea of terrorized people.   

This is much like the people driving down the road in tornado season.  We are told to get below ground, in a ditch, or cellar.  Those that head for the underpasses, some do survive as others are not so lucky and sucked out by the wind.