Author Topic: We told you so.  (Read 12835 times)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
We told you so.
« on: May 27, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »
I thought I'd relay a personal experience with O'care.

A family friend, more of my wife's than mine, has had "internal" issues for well over a year. She went in just over a year ago for bleeding (stool). Doc's check her out,"your'e fine" is the verdict.  Jump forward to last week, the bleeding started up again, and a bit worse. She has a colonoscopy done and they find a "thumb sized" tumor. The biopsy comes back positive for cancer.
She and her family on on Covered California insurance. Her doc sends in the request(s) for what's necessary to go forward with treatment, scans, operation, etc.

He gets back, and I'm not kidding, 'Well, how bad is it? Does she really need the procedure(s)?

Welcome to the Death Panels.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: We told you so.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »
With dwindling resources since the payers aren't there (yet), I'm completely shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, to hear this.

I wish your family friend well, WS. No BS to that.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:27:46 PM »
I hope she gets this resolved quickly.  This needs to get to the media..PRONTO

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »
 :(

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:30:20 PM »
Well, I hope things work out. She's got 2 kids, one about my daughters age and a son who's a bit under. She's only in her late 40's.
I'm told her Doc is LIVID with the system doing this. I think the next step is a CT scan, see if it's spread, and then the operation. They say judging from the oscopy it's operable, but they don't know the extent (if any) yet.

I think they'll just drag this along for a little bit and then acquiesce, her doctor is pretty pissed.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 04:11:20 PM »
If only obongo were aware of this, he would be madder than hell. 

Bitter jokes aside, I wish this lady and her family the best.  We are going through a very similar thing with my cousin and, it is a tough fight even with the best of healthcare.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 04:57:05 PM »
I thought I'd relay a personal experience with O'care.

A family friend, more of my wife's than mine, has had "internal" issues for well over a year. She went in just over a year ago for bleeding (stool). Doc's check her out,"your'e fine" is the verdict.  Jump forward to last week, the bleeding started up again, and a bit worse. She has a colonoscopy done and they find a "thumb sized" tumor. The biopsy comes back positive for cancer.
She and her family on on Covered California insurance. Her doc sends in the request(s) for what's necessary to go forward with treatment, scans, operation, etc.

He gets back, and I'm not kidding, 'Well, how bad is it? Does she really need the procedure(s)?

Welcome to the Death Panels.

Her doc should mail the stool specimen to Covered California.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 11:23:41 AM »
The damn system doesn't want to pay for the scan.

Un-friggin believe-able.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 06:07:50 PM »
If only obongo were aware of this, he would be madder than hell. 

"If only Stalin knew." -- The last words of millions of Soviet citizens killed by his orders in the 30s.

:censored:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »
Along the same lines, my doctors all use paper files because they have been in business for decades.

Along comes Obama care and they are told all MUST convert to "computer scanned documents". I'm talking tens of thousands of documents MUST be scanned. This means hiring people to just scan and purchasing the equipment needed.

Reimbursements to doctors continue to be cut and now mandates to force them to spend more money on B-S. 

Wineslob, that is terrible news. I can only hope stories like this get to many more people.

A former VA doctor said the VA system is the forerunner to Obama care. The VA, he said, is best for wounded military but routine care should be supplied by private doctors paid for by the government.

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
*update*

After many scans, etc.. looks like the tumor is "deeper" than first thought, and larger. The docs were going to do surgery mid next month, but have now opted for chemo and radiation to shrink the tumor. I believe this is to try and reduce the chances of her needing a bag.

My wife has set up a paypal account so friends can help her with expenses as she will now have to travel 50 miles round trip 4-5 times a week for treatment.

Ok, here's the O'care kicker:

One of the friends donating sent my wife a message. She had to have a colostomy. Getting it done was no problem. She can have herself "hooked up" again, so no bag, except...

O'CARE WILL NOT PAY FOR IT.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 11:13:40 AM »
Along the same lines, my doctors all use paper files because they have been in business for decades.

Along comes Obama care and they are told all MUST convert to "computer scanned documents". I'm talking tens of thousands of documents MUST be scanned. This means hiring people to just scan and purchasing the equipment needed.

Reimbursements to doctors continue to be cut and now mandates to force them to spend more money on B-S. 

Wineslob, that is terrible news. I can only hope stories like this get to many more people.

A former VA doctor said the VA system is the forerunner to Obama care. The VA, he said, is best for wounded military but routine care should be supplied by private doctors paid for by the government.

My GP told me it cost him over $60kto set up a computer, go to classes and enter all the patients on his computer. Also, Obamacare has eliminated payments to specialized Cancer Centers like MD Anderson in TX. New experimental drugs will not be available. My BIL would probably not be alive if it was not for this facility.