Author Topic: Omigosh, I'm so glad Y'All are back!  (Read 7821 times)

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
Omigosh, I'm so glad Y'All are back!
« on: May 20, 2014, 10:20:39 PM »
Conservative Underground looks like a very nice place, but I am spoiled to (lurking) here.  :yahoo: 

I started to join in December (prodded by the "Hey Lurkers" posts), but the cooking season was in full swing. (And one of my dogs is seriously ill) The kind email I received got buried in politics, dog rescue stuff, & everything else, so I re-registered (successfully, this time).
I doubt my wit can stand up to most of yours, so I probably won't post much. I did want to welcome you back, though. You were sorely missed.

The ferals/ primitives apparently didn't destroy the world in your hiatus. Not for lack of trying, I'm sure.

As a matter of fact, I *am* a "white wing bigot". I only enjoy venison. And fish. Lots and lots and lots of fish.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Omigosh, I'm so glad Y'All are back!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
Welcome!

Tell us more about yourself- I am especially interested in hearing about your dogs.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:15:12 PM »
Welcome to the Cave. Glad to have you. I hope your stay is long and prosperous. Don't be selfish by lurking. Get in there and mix it up !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 11:39:06 PM »
Welcome, I lurked for quite a while and I don't post that often.  But, you are right, this is a great place.

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 01:11:03 AM »
Thank you all for the welcome.

LOL Big Dog, you sure? You're bound to know how we get. I have 3 American Eskimos (2 Reskies & 1 since a tiny puppy- she's going to be 8 July 1), an Eskie/ CattleDog mix, a little ginger boy that no one knows what he is but he's very handsome, & a <7 lb Boston/ Chiweenie (named Zeus. Zeus the Moose) My avatar is Mia. She's the one having the health issues. She is blind from birth but in no way a "poor thing". Her sass made me fall in love with her.
I took a hiatus from rescue when our 15 yr old Eskie got sick a few years ago with a degenerative thing (we lost her last June). Mia has some kind of neurological thing going on since last Fall & even A&M isn't sure what's going on with her. Only that she has had "micro bleeds" in her brain. She has always been in God's Hands & He hasn't let her down yet. Even if I lose her, I understand that she is still His.
I don't know if or how much I'll be getting back into rescue. My life pretty much revolves around my dogs, so Y'All can file me under the 'Nuts I've Known' category. I'm weird as hell but I do my best to be a decent & nice person.

Needless to say, I love reading about everybody's fur kids. (I can't wait to see the Sugar Glider photos. They're so cute!) Oh. And I've esp enjoyed the MG threads, too (So sorry! I've forgotten your nick- if you're reading this) When I was much younger, I was very into sports cars. (Born into it. I came home from the hospital in a TR 2 & a half. My dad raced cars for years, motorcycles for a little while, then boats.) I settled on Jeeps because they're the perfect fusion of sports car & 4 WD, but if I had money to burn, I would have another (big- 100/6 or 3000) Austin Healey. Or maybe an Alpha.

I watch the left through my fingers, in horror & dread. I took a break while CC was gone. There was nothing to take the edge off.
I get my political news from FR & Drudge (also American Thinker & PJ, sometimes. I got disgusted with the others because of all the Mitt shills).
I love the Cave because it kinda tempers my reaction. You all have a great sense of humor. (Now,) Politics is like a train wreck you can't look away from. Ya might as well laugh. If you can.
My fondest wish is to someday soon stumble across some place that is "stuck" in the 50s or 60s & live the rest of my days there, in peace. I am soooo sick of the crazy.

ps I really, really, really love this  :rant: Unique to the Cave as far as I know.

As a matter of fact, I *am* a "white wing bigot". I only enjoy venison. And fish. Lots and lots and lots of fish.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 03:44:19 AM »
Welcome, I lurked for quite a while and I don't post that often.

With almost 5k posts?  Surely you jest...
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 03:46:20 AM »
Welcome to the new, improved, and unsinkable Cave.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 07:21:25 AM »
I never lurk.

I rush in, create a fake email ID, register, promptly forget my password, then forget my fake email ID and am locked out forever.

I suggest the same for you...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »
@freedom, Sounds like me- but with my real email. Some days, I wouldn't make it home without my drivers license to tell me where to go. (I thought about Aunt Clara instead of Blonde Moment, but was afraid nobody would get it. Well, maybe eventually)

Thank you, wasp. God Bless Dixie!

Offline Dori

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 11:22:09 AM »
Welcome to the Cave... jump right in, the water's fine  :-)

Well, except for the days the sharks come around.... :o

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »
Thank you, Dori. Sharks...ah well...

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »
(I thought about Aunt Clara instead of Blonde Moment, but was afraid nobody would get it. Well, maybe eventually)

One of the great characters of "old" TV.

My fondest wish is to someday soon stumble across some place that is "stuck" in the 50s or 60s & live the rest of my days there, in peace. I am soooo sick of the crazy.

Me too.  :-)

Welcome and please do post, we need your input
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 03:31:01 PM »
Welcome.    O-)  <----what the hell is on his head? a pancake?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 07:32:30 PM »
I have 3 American Eskimos (2 Reskies & 1 since a tiny puppy- she's going to be 8 July 1), an Eskie/ CattleDog mix, a little ginger boy that no one knows what he is but he's very handsome, & a <7 lb Boston/ Chiweenie (named Zeus. Zeus the Moose) My avatar is Mia. She's the one having the health issues. She is blind from birth but in no way a "poor thing". Her sass made me fall in love with her.
I took a hiatus from rescue when our 15 yr old Eskie got sick a few years ago with a degenerative thing (we lost her last June). Mia has some kind of neurological thing going on since last Fall & even A&M isn't sure what's going on with her. Only that she has had "micro bleeds" in her brain. She has always been in God's Hands & He hasn't let her down yet. Even if I lose her, I understand that she is still His.
I don't know if or how much I'll be getting back into rescue. My life pretty much revolves around my dogs, so Y'All can file me under the 'Nuts I've Known' category. I'm weird as hell but I do my best to be a decent & nice person.

That's a great picture of Mia.

Don't worry if other people think you're weird. Dog people are good people. You're good people.

And I've esp enjoyed the MG threads, too (So sorry! I've forgotten your nick- if you're reading this)

That would be Chris_.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Dori

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 08:07:01 PM »
Welcome.    O-)  <----what the hell is on his head? a pancake?

It looks like a halo to me.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:50 PM »
It looks like a halo to me.

looks like a pancake to me.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »
Nacho chip
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 09:38:52 PM »
Nacho chip

If it isn't my chip, whose is it?

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 10:45:44 PM »
What a great welcome! Y'All are as nice as you are funny.

J P- She's one of my favorites. I haven't watched tv in years, except for the metv thing. That didn't last. I kept forgetting.
  Every time I drive through a small town whose main street is now almost deserted, I wonder why some group of friends doesn't just move in & begin a "Normalville".

Gina, your little ones are so cute! My vote is a pancake. Why? I just don't know.

:-D Big Dog, thanks. She's a beauty, but her personality is what really makes her special. She's a real character.
Re weird. I don't, really. It just seems fair to warn people (or something). If people were like dogs, it would be a much better world.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 10:49:54 PM »
And I've esp enjoyed the MG threads, too (So sorry! I've forgotten your nick- if you're reading this)
I washed, clayed, polished, and waxed it the other week and immediately cracked the distributor cap as soon as I got out of the driveway.  It's been parked since then.   :banghead:

Welcome to our corner of the Internet.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 10:53:32 PM »

I vote pancake.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 11:26:18 PM »
:-D Big Dog, thanks. She's a beauty, but her personality is what really makes her special. She's a real character.

I spend more time with a dog than I do any person. You can read about Velvet and see some pictures here: http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=81207.0 She has tons of personality.

True story:

Back when I was a lawman, I used to have a Doberman Pinscher named Zeus. He was a cropped black-and-tan, and looked like he was all business, but he had a family dog's personality.  Zeus wasn't trained as a police dog, but he loved to ride with me. I got a star for his collar (approved by the sheriff), and he rode partner with me. We had some lively times.

As I said, Zeus wasn't trained as a police dog; he had one tool, and that was flatulence. That dog farted, no matter what I fed him. The veterinarian tried several things: some pills, diet changes, even telling me to feed him lots and lots of yogurt. Nothing helped. His farts were so bad, I had to drive with the window open, even in the dead of the west Nebraska winter. So, Zeus' "official" nickname was Zeus the Farting Dog.

One Saturday night, I arrested a drunk driver and transported him to jail. Zeus was happy to see the stranger in the backseat, and he showed his appreciation using the only tool he had.

The following Monday, the prisoner appeared before the judge for his bond hearing. The prisoner complained that the scary-looking police dog had frightened him, and that he should be released because of "police brutality".

The judge looked at him and asked, "Sir, are you referring to Zeus the Farting Dog?", and denied the prisoner's request to be released without bail.

Zeus was a good dog, with tons of personality, too.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 12:55:42 AM »
@ Chris And that's the life of the sportscar aficionado. It never fails. They're ungrateful little monsters. On the bright side, at least it was just the distributor cap. You know it's trouble when the master cylinder goes or you hear that sickening crunch when you push the clutch in (throw out bearing). I had a Capri once that the shifter would periodically just... break off. I think it was the most helpless I've ever felt.

Big Dog- OMG, that's hilarious! Yeppir, they are better company than most people, even if they're gassy. (Ha. I say that now. My little male Eskie is a poop eater. Drives me insane. He can definitely clear a room.)

Wow, Velvet is gorgeous! That would be hard. I admire your strength & all the people who foster these guys. What a cool thing to do.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 07:29:29 AM »
Big Dog- OMG, that's hilarious! Yeppir, they are better company than most people, even if they're gassy. (Ha. I say that now. My little male Eskie is a poop eater. Drives me insane. He can definitely clear a room.)

Wow, Velvet is gorgeous! That would be hard. I admire your strength & all the people who foster these guys. What a cool thing to do.

I think she's pretty cool. The local children do, too. She has a dedicated fan club around town.

Do you have pictures of your other dogs?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlondeMoment

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
I bet she does. Murphy, my ginger, is like that. He loooves kiddos & they love him. That couch really looked good on her.

Of course. I looked to see if there are "albums" here, but it doesn't look like it. Is posting photos the usual html? And is there a "test" thread?
Oh. Never mind. There's a button!

HVAC people are coming today & I'm now an hour behind. I'll post them this evening in the dog pics thread.

edit: Oh well, I can't find it now. (I know I saw it)...geez
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:29:52 AM by BlondeMoment »