Author Topic: Windows 7 Pro, Hangs on Start Up  (Read 2725 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Windows 7 Pro, Hangs on Start Up
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:23:42 PM »
Our office computer Windows 7 Pro 32 bit hangs during start up. Sometimes it will go as far as putting all the icons on the desktop then sits there. Sometimes it will go to a blue screen.

I searched the internet and there seems to be as many solutions as my yard has grass blades.

It is an important computer in the office so I might just buy a new one but it's only three years old.

I don't have an installation disk, but I did make a "Recovery Disk" a few months ago.

Is there a "common" "most often" solution ? Thanks. 

I hate computers.

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Articulate Ape

• ad hominid
Re: Windows 7 Pro, Hangs on Start Up
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 04:18:31 AM »
Try restoring the system to an earlier date.  Sounds like something got corrupted.  Restore back to the earliest date you dare to try to get back to before this started happening.  If that doesn't solve it, let me know.
Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 06:37:20 PM »
Try restoring the system to an earlier date.  Sounds like something got corrupted.  Restore back to the earliest date you dare to try to get back to before this started happening.  If that doesn't solve it, let me know.

Actually, I wanted to avoid going back because I made so many changes to the computer.

I may have corrected the problem by running "check disk". The last reboot worked without a hitch. I'll see if it continues to work.

BTW; I have two Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit desktop computers and one Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop.
I just made "Disk Images" of all the computers on an external hard drive then realized I did not include a CD/DVD burner in the desktops.  :thatsright: If I make a recovery disk on the laptop, do you know if it will work for the desktops ?

The disk images have come in handy in previous virus encounters. After running various scanners, it became obvious that a "clean" hard drive was the only way to get back in operation. After "wiping" the hard drive I restored the disk image and things were good. But without a "recovery disk", the disk image is useless.

Thanks for the reply.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »
Are you getting a specific error on the BSOD?  It may indicate a hardware failure or failing part. 

Run Disk Cleanup... click the button that says Clean Up System Files.  Also, check the 'Temporary Files' option on Disk Cleanup (it should be at the bottom).

edit: sorry, read the rest of your post.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.