Author Topic: Quote Hell  (Read 7860 times)

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Quote Hell
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:25:11 PM »
Is there any way you admins could program the quotes to work like V Bulletin where only the new post gets carried forward when you quote another person?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Quote Hell
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »
Is there any way you admins could program the quotes to work like V Bulletin where only the new post gets carried forward when you quote another person?

Hell no - if you can't see the quote history you lose too much context

(please note the use of "lose" -- the "loose" meme should be officially abandoned)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:30:22 PM »

(please note the use of "lose" -- the "loose" meme should be officially abandoned)

But we are getting posts that have an entire thread in one post.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:30:40 PM »

I actually like the way it works with SMF.  if the quote tags get too deep, I just trim them like I would have to do in PMs back at the other place.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 11:32:20 PM »

I actually like the way it works with SMF.  if the quote tags get too deep, I just trim them like I would have to do in PMs back at the other place.

I suppose I am just used to V Bulletin because the quotes are driving me nuts.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 11:32:28 PM »

But we are getting posts that have an entire thread in one post.
Well, you can't technologically legislate laziness.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »

That's what I do.  It's quick and easy.  No fuss.  No muss.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:14 PM »

That's what I do.  It's quick and easy.  No fuss.  No muss.
no stems. no seeds.  that you don't need.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 11:34:32 PM »

Yeah but other folks chose not to trim you get stuck with it.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 11:35:42 PM »

You control your own posts, tho. 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 11:36:06 PM »

I really like seeing the entire context of the conversation.  at the other place, you had to do a lot of back tracking if you were reading from the newest post first, and ran in to a quoted reply of a quoted reply of a quoted reply, and there was any number of posts between the quoted replies.

and that happened constantly. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 11:36:41 PM »

Unless you are unable to control yourself...

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 11:37:39 PM »

I really like seeing the entire context of the conversation.  at the other place, you had to do a lot of back tracking if you were reading from the newest post first, and ran in to a quoted reply of a quoted reply of a quoted reply, and there was any number of posts between the quoted replies.

Pros and cons.  Here you have a choice.   

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 11:40:26 PM »
Quote from: undies

My posts is not what I am complaining about it's the rest of you chuckleheads. Now I'm sure you all will go out of your way not to trim them down just to bug me.  :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 11:41:30 PM »

My posts is not what I am complaining about it's the rest of you chuckleheads. Now I'm sure you all will go out of your way not to trim them down just to bug me.  :-)

now that we know that it does bug you?  of course.  you would do the same for me, wouldn't you? :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 11:41:33 PM »

No, we won't

Will we?

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 11:42:11 PM »

Ok I guess I'll just go sulk in the corner since no one agrees with me.  :bawl:

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 11:43:02 PM »

now that we know that it does bug you?  of course.  you would do the same for me, wouldn't you? :-)

Yes, Yes I would  :tongue:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 11:44:35 PM »

Indeed we shall, Sam From West.  We do, we do, allow posts to nest.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 11:46:13 PM »

Indeed we shall, Sam From West.  We do, we do, allow posts to nest.

You are a poet and you haven't yet made the realization of such.