Author Topic: Residents Angered by Group's Distribution of Korans  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Residents Angered by Group's Distribution of Korans
« on: July 02, 2008, 11:38:59 AM »

Some Houston residents are upset after Korans were left on the doorsteps of hundreds of homes in their neighborhood as part of a campaign to educate people about Islam.

Residents of Braes Timbers in southwest Houston began finding the holy books two weeks ago, MyFOXHouston.com reported. The Korans came with a note saying they had been left by the Book of Signs Foundation, which claims to have distributed 30,000 free copies of the texts to residents throughout the city.

"If we went into a Muslim country and left a Bible, we would be in prison and then decapitated a few years later," Sue Ann Pieri, a resident who chose not to destroy the book, as other neighbors did, told MyFOXHouston.com.

With all the varied and numerous ways that Muslims get angry, I'm surprised that they aren't screaming about Korans being left on the ground.

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Jim

Re: Residents Angered by Group's Distribution of Korans
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 11:45:22 AM »

Some Houston residents are upset after Korans were left on the doorsteps of hundreds of homes in their neighborhood as part of a campaign to educate people about Islam.

Residents of Braes Timbers in southwest Houston began finding the holy books two weeks ago, MyFOXHouston.com reported. The Korans came with a note saying they had been left by the Book of Signs Foundation, which claims to have distributed 30,000 free copies of the texts to residents throughout the city.

"If we went into a Muslim country and left a Bible, we would be in prison and then decapitated a few years later," Sue Ann Pieri, a resident who chose not to destroy the book, as other neighbors did, told MyFOXHouston.com.

With all the varied and numerous ways that Muslims get angry, I'm surprised that they aren't screaming about Korans being left on the ground.

MORE

TOUCHE ! 

However these are certainly English language ones which are not considered "real".  Moreover the passages that are controversial are "translated" differently.

The good news is that those were dollars not sent to pay for jihad.

Thats why I ordered a free copy from CAIR.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 05:31:10 PM »
I can't help but think that the subtext of this story is that Muslims are less annoying than Mormons.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 08:11:37 PM »
I can't help but think that the subtext of this story is that Muslims are less annoying than Mormons.

In the sense that they just leave shit on your doorstep, I guess.  Still shit on your doorstep.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 08:15:30 PM »

MORE

I would have had SO MUCH FUN.  I would have started with using the pages as TP (and discretely filming it) then burning the rest (except the covers) in the middle of the street.  The I would have dropped the dvd off along with the burn and offal-stuffed item at the nearest mosque with a note: "Thanks for the Toilet paper!"
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 08:16:54 PM »
Have Mormons beheaded anyone you know of lately?  Set off car bombs?  Killed innocent men, women and children?  Stated their doctrine that all the world will be Mormon or dead?

How annoying indeed.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:19:50 PM »

Mormons leave if you ask them to, it was those ******* Ron Paul yahoos that would step off the porch:

"Do you Know who Ron Paul is?"
-yes
"Are you going to vote for him?"
-No
"Do you mind if I ask who you are going to vote for?"
-Yes, I mind
"Are you going to vote Democrat or Republican
-None of your business
"Sir, we're just conducting an unofficial street canvas
-Don't call me sir
"Would you like some Ron Paul literature or perhaps a Koran?"
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:45:55 PM »

Mormons leave if you ask them to, it was those ******* Ron Paul yahoos that would step off the porch:

-yes
-No
-Yes, I mind
-None of your business
-Don't call me sir

...followed by the "click" of a round being chambered.   :-)

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 10:39:48 PM »

-yes
-No
-Yes, I mind
-None of your business
-Don't call me sir

...followed by the "click" of a round being chambered.   :-)

That is actually a true account that happened to me a cpl weeks before primary day here in the whacked out state of CT - I added the Koran part here for dramatic effect.  The conversation went back and forth a few more times before the freak finally left.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 07:35:58 AM »
Have Mormons beheaded anyone you know of lately?  Set off car bombs?  Killed innocent men, women and children?  Stated their doctrine that all the world will be Mormon or dead?

How annoying indeed.

No, Mormons have not killed people in the name of religion, but the God they worship not only allows people to kill each other but is itself infinitely more wrathful than the worst terrorist.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 07:39:27 AM »

How annoying indeed.

No, Mormons have not killed people in the name of religion, but the God they worship not only allows people to kill each other but is itself infinitely more wrathful than the worst terrorist.
The Christian God "allows" pretty much everything -- that pesky "free will" thing.  The God of Abraham was pretty pissy as well -- sending she-bears after kids, killing the oldest of each family, etc.

You are, as usual, misinformed and making faulty conclusions as a result.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 07:41:04 AM »

I would have had SO MUCH FUN.  I would have started with using the pages as TP (and discretely filming it) then burning the rest (except the covers) in the middle of the street.  The I would have dropped the dvd off along with the burn and offal-stuffed item at the nearest mosque with a note: "Thanks for the Toilet paper!"

I didn't have a problem with Jews burning copies of the New Testament given to them by Christian proselytizers and I don't have a problem with people doing as they please with Korans given to them by Muslim proselytizers.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/05/20/africa/ME-GEN-Israel-New-Testament-Burned.php
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 07:42:54 AM »

I didn't have a problem with Jews burning copies of the New Testament given to them by Christian proselytizers and I don't have a problem with people doing as they please with Korans given to them by Muslim proselytizers.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/05/20/africa/ME-GEN-Israel-New-Testament-Burned.php

Whether you do or don't have a problem with anyone's activities is irrelevant.  You know -- the same as your posts.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »

The Christian God "allows" pretty much everything -- that pesky "free will" thing.  The God of Abraham was pretty pissy as well -- sending she-bears after kids, killing the oldest of each family, etc.

You are, as usual, misinformed and making faulty conclusions as a result.

A God which allows that which it can stop is partially responsible for what it does not stop.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 07:45:09 AM »
Whether you do or don't have a problem with anyone's activities is irrelevant. 

Great work, Captain Obvious.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas