Author Topic: Hooray!!! The day has finally come!!  (Read 3626 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Hooray!!! The day has finally come!!
« on: March 24, 2014, 12:21:05 PM »
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/03/jets-sign-michael-vick-cut-mark-sanchez.html

The New York Jets announced late today they signed former Philadelphia Eagle quarterback Michael Vick and have cut Mark Sanchez. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Vick’s deal is rumored to be worth $5 million dollars for one year. The Jets would have had to pay Sanchez a $2 million dollar roster bonus had they not made the move by 4 pm on Monday.

Sorry Jets fans . . . (holy crap -- 5 million?????)

Whoo hoooo!!  :yahoo:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Hooray!!! The day has finally come!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 12:47:34 PM »
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/03/jets-sign-michael-vick-cut-mark-sanchez.html

Whoo hoooo!!  :yahoo:

That decision will dog them for years...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »
That decision will dog them for years...

Maybe, but they'll pit up a pretty good fight.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 01:01:50 PM »
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »
And Sanchez goes to the Browns . . . oh the laughter and the tears  :lmao:

Piney Power!!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »
And Sanchez goes to the Browns . . . oh the laughter and the tears  :lmao:

I don't know who Sanchez is, but if he's the idjit that slid into his own guy hard enough to knock the ball out of his hands, he deserves going to Cleveland. I've been to Cleveland many times. It's the kind of town that's reserved for the mentally challenged.  :-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »
I don't know who Sanchez is, but if he's the idjit that slid into his own guy hard enough to knock the ball out of his hands, he deserves going to Cleveland. I've been to Cleveland many times. It's the kind of town that's reserved for the mentally challenged.  :-)

Sanchez was the starting QB for the Jets for a few years and then lost the job to Geno Smith (Jets first round draft pick last year) and his own ability to utterly derp up the field.  And, yes, he's the idiot on the ground -- that play is known as the Famous Buttfumble  :lmao:

I lived just outside of Cleveland (west side) for about 8 months back in '86/'87 when they had a good team (now known as the Baltimore Ravens). Then I managed to escape!!
Piney Power!!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 03:06:44 PM »

Whoo hoooo!!  :yahoo:

Good for Philly, but who's the moron that green lighted this decision?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 08:05:11 AM »
Good for Philly, but who's the moron that green lighted this decision?

Not sure . . . Rex Ryan? Whoever is their GM? Woody Johnson, the owner?  I think Ryan wants Vick and Smith to "compete" for starting QB and you know how well that always works.

I still can't get over 5 million for one year for Mike Vick -- that's a couple hundred thou for every interception he throws and every fumble he makes. Or, if he's the second stringer, that's a lot of cash to hold a clipboard!
Piney Power!!

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 02:57:01 PM »
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Eagles-to-sign-Mark-Sanchez-report-says.html

:thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:
 :epicfacepalm: :facepalm2:

Buttfumble is an Eagle -- just frigging great  :argh:  :banghead:  :censored:
Piney Power!!

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »
And the day just keeps getting better . . .

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html

What an idiot -- he just lost 10 mill this year because he's a Crips wannabe or worse.  Sure, he may get offers for one year deals with MAJOR incentives but that's all. Especially after Hernandez, I will be extremely surprised if someone goes after him with major cash after everything comes out (and you know there will be more). And he's only 27 so that rules out the Raiders.
Piney Power!!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 08:56:18 PM »
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Eagles-to-sign-Mark-Sanchez-report-says.html

:thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:  :thatsright:
 :epicfacepalm: :facepalm2:

Buttfumble is an Eagle -- just frigging great  :argh:  :banghead:  :censored:

Oh, lord...  Why?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 06:23:23 AM »
Lots of teams are looking for backups and all of them are shelling out big bucks for mediocrity (at best). The Eagles gave Sanchez 4 million. I am speechless . . .  :thatsright:
Piney Power!!