Author Topic: xchrom taking jab at kpete  (Read 383 times)

Offline formerlurker

xchrom taking jab at kpete
« on: February 18, 2014, 06:31:14 AM »
xchrom (99,508 posts)

5 Signs America’s Super-Rich Are Going Off the Deep End

http://www.alternet.org/economy/5-signs-americas-super-rich-are-going-deep-end

1. The rich are mouthing off in epic rants.

They’re going on talk shows, writing editorials, bitching and moaning, and taking every opportunity to tell us just how fed up they are.

***SNIP

2. The Ivy League apologists are out ‘splainin’ in full force.

Harvard’s Greg Mankiw is America’s most shameless defender of the 1 percent (just in case you didn’t know that about him, he wrote a paper titled, “ Defending the One Percent”). You can rely upon the chairman and professor of economics at Harvard and former Mitt Romney advisor to pontificate about why the megarich are smarter and more creative than you and not deserving of your ire. Mankiw just published an op-ed in the New York Times describing the risks our brave gazillionaire “superheroes” take to promote the public good.

***SNIP

3. A new field of psychology is emerging to treat the uberwealthy.

Being loaded is a load to bear, evidently. A recent article in Mother Jones outlines new trends in psychotherapy emerging to deal with this overwhelming burden.

***SNIP

4. They’re barricading themselves in.

It is a perennial problem for the super-rich that once you’ve got the loot, you’ve got to guard it. In a February 15 New York Times blog, economists Samuel Bowles and Arjun Jayadev report that America now has as many private security guards as high school teachers.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024519552

#3 is the reason I brought this over.   I  :rofl: and I  :rofl: when I read that.    Seeing that 90% of the misfits on the island claimed to have been raped at some point in their pathetic existence, and an equal amount are on SSI and heavy duty psychiatric medication/illegal dugs, it is quite humorous they take a jab at kpete and her friends in the gated community she lives in for seeking psychiatric counseling (so says Mother Jones, the moonbat's moonbat of reporting).   

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: xchrom taking jab at kpete
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 07:32:10 AM »
I presume they are talking about the guy that made the news last week supposedly (did not read the story but saw the headline so who knows the exact statement) for saying wealthy people deserved to have more votes.
Regardless for their being genuine merits to that concept (if you pay no tax you should not be able to vote for receiving a benefit of taxation) it is a dumb thing to state as it is not a publicly winnable argument.

However it is still amusing that just one person in their minds equates to the yammering lunacy of the DUmp,Kos,HuffPo,Daily Beast,Truthout...etc. ::)