Author Topic: Alex Rodriguez gets SLAMMED!  (Read 2233 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Alex Rodriguez gets SLAMMED!
« on: January 11, 2014, 11:27:40 AM »
I'm surprised that this came out on a weekend.  The full headline:

Alex Rodriguez gets SLAMMED! Arbitrator hits Yankees slugger with full-season ban, plus postseason

Fredric Horowitz’s decision endorses MLB’s accusations that A-Rod scored an array of performance-enhancing drugs from Biogenesis, a now-shuttered Miami-area anti-aging clinic operated by Anthony Bosch, and employed thug tactics in obstructing commissioner Bud Selig’s investigation into the biggest doping scandal in baseball history.

BY TERI THOMPSON, , MICHAEL O’KEEFFE , CHRISTIAN RED AND NATHANIEL VINTON / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SATURDAY, JANUARY 11, 2014, 11:47 AM

He’s out.

Alex Rodriguez, once Major League Baseball’s biggest star, was slammed Saturday with an historic drug suspension that encompasses all of the 2014 season, including the postseason, and will cost the Yankee third baseman $25 million in this year’s salary, plus millions in any performance incentives he would have earned.

The ban comes after a year of vicious attacks on Major League Baseball and the Yankees, public denials that he acquired massive amounts of performance-enhancing drugs from a seedy Miami dope den, and millions in legal bills from a team of high-profile lawyers, crisis managers and private investigators.

RELATED: A-ROD TIMELINE: FROM TOP PICK TO BIOGENESIS DOPE

Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz struck the 14-time All-Star and three-time Most Valuable Player with the 162-game suspension, plus the offseason, in an endorsement of MLB’s accusations that Rodriguez scored an array of PEDs from Biogenesis, a now-shuttered Miami-area anti-aging clinic operated by Anthony Bosch, in clear violation of the game’s collectively bargained drug program.

Rodriguez announced the suspension -- the longest drug suspension in the history of the program -- Saturday morning in a long statement in which he denied having used performance-enhancing drugs in the period in question and calling the ruling an “injustice” and vowing to take the fight to federal court.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/breaking-a-rod-slammed-full-season-ban-postseason-article-1.1576281#ixzz2q70LMmaa

Can't wait to see what happens hext--do the Yankees try to void the rest of A-Roid's contract? 

O-) O-) O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Alex Rodriguez gets SLAMMED!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/breaking-a-rod-slammed-full-season-ban-postseason-article-1.1576281#ixzz2q70LMmaa

Can't wait to see what happens hext--do the Yankees try to void the rest of A-Roid's contract? 

O-) O-) O-)

Good.  Piss on him.  IIRC, the Yankees have some sort of out on the contract.  Can't remember exactly the details.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 07:44:14 PM »

O-) O-) O-)

ESPN was discussing the possibility of buying it out.  Good riddance and all that.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:02:14 AM »
ESPN was discussing the possibility of buying it out.  Good riddance and all that.

Spark(y) up a theme song...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcgLaOF77eA[/youtube]

Side note...This song is the most popular theme song for tandem video soundtrack at my home drop zone.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.