Author Topic: Hey All  (Read 6096 times)

Offline HawkHogan

Hey All
« on: December 11, 2013, 06:24:50 PM »
I just wanted to take the time to briefly introduce myself.  I am full-time student from the suburbs of Philadelphia.  I found this board during the saga of Doug the Walrus, when people on FR were discussing the cave.  I must admit, I definitely prefer the humor on this board, as opposed to the "woe is me... end of the world" postings that occasionally fill up FR. 

I feel the best way to respond to liberals is mockery, so I enjoy reading the Dumpster any chance I get. And when finals come to an end, I will be joining in on the fun much more often. 

Offline Dori

Re: Hey All
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:30:50 PM »
Welcome aboard HawkHogan
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »
I just wanted to take the time to briefly introduce myself.  I am full-time student from the suburbs of Philadelphia.  I found this board during the saga of Doug the Walrus, when people on FR were discussing the cave.  I must admit, I definitely prefer the humor on this board, as opposed to the "woe is me... end of the world" postings that occasionally fill up FR. 

I feel the best way to respond to liberals is mockery, so I enjoy reading the Dumpster any chance I get. And when finals come to an end, I will be joining in on the fun much more often. 

Welcome!

Have you seen Doug's bucket?

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
Thank you both.  For all his stupidity, Doug has managed to bring even more conservatives together. 

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:50 PM »
You have Coach to thank for the most then.
He drove both the Walrus threads till they dominated the interweb machine.
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you. I hope your stay is long and prosperous.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 11:08:04 PM »
Welcome.  This is certainly a fun place to hang out. 

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 12:21:02 AM »

Welcome.  I left FR a long time ago for the same reasons.  I'm eternally grateful to whomever the member here that was at FR who was kind enough to alert me to this forum.

Good luck with your finals.  I'll be seeing you in the DUmpster.  :cheersmate:

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 06:22:13 AM »

I concur: we're much more fun than FR.

What's your major?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:25 AM »
For the record, I don't hang out at the DUmp, but I certainly understand why people would want to do that.

Seeing the dregs of humanity smeared on your computer screen has got to be like ogling a traffic accident - you can't not watch when you inch past it.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »
I concur: we're much more fun than FR.

What's your major?

I'm a law student, so I'm surrounded by liberals.  Just about to finish the first semester of my second year. 

In undergrad, I used to keep my politics a secret, but that's not really an option anymore. 

I am glad I found a website with similarly minded folks, who aren't afraid to tangle with the BS of the Left.  .

Thank you all for the warm welcome. 

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 10:43:43 PM »
Welcome.  I left FR a long time ago for the same reasons.  I'm eternally grateful to whomever the member here that was at FR who was kind enough to alert me to this forum.

Good luck with your finals.  I'll be seeing you in the DUmpster.  :cheersmate:

It has gotten even worse recently.  I think a good amount of them are about to remove themselves from the political world and just get ready for when "SHTF." 

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 06:14:23 AM »
I'm a law student, so I'm surrounded by liberals.  Just about to finish the first semester of my second year. 

In undergrad, I used to keep my politics a secret, but that's not really an option anymore. 

I am glad I found a website with similarly minded folks, who aren't afraid to tangle with the BS of the Left.  .

Law school is a tough row to hoe for a conservative- unless you are attending Ave Maria.

What do you plan to do with your JD?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
Law school is a tough row to hoe for a conservative- unless you are attending Ave Maria.

What do you plan to do with your JD?

I'm at a Catholic law school, so it is at least decently conservative. 

I was planning to go into corporate law like my pops, but I've actually been considering a career in JAG recently. 

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 07:57:13 PM »
I'm at a Catholic law school, so it is at least decently conservative. 

I was planning to go into corporate law like my pops, but I've actually been considering a career in JAG recently. 

That leads to the $64 question:

(muwahahaha)

Which branch?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »
Welcome!  Go Zags!

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
That leads to the $64 question:

(muwahahaha)

Which branch?

Still weighing the options about the branch.  I'll admit I've been pretty turned off by the attacks on Christianity that have occurred during the Obama administration.  It seems especially prevalent in the Air Force. 

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 07:42:56 PM »
Still weighing the options about the branch.  I'll admit I've been pretty turned off by the attacks on Christianity that have occurred during the Obama administration.  It seems especially prevalent in the Air Force. 

This is a tough time to be a chaplain. I have a friend who is an Army chaplain; he's considering resigning his commission.

You'll choose the right branch (cough, cough, Army)   :-)
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »
Welcome!

Sorry I missed this earlier.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 08:06:44 AM »

Welcome.
As I have mentioned in a few of my posts, I take classes at community college for self enrichment. Evening classes, one or two per semester. I just finished my 4th semester. This semester I took an English comp. class, the first non-math or science class since my college days which ended in 1981. In math and science, the discussion rarely went into politics or religion or current events/lifestyle. In English, every class it came up. I really had to hold back because I just wanted to get through the class and not fight any battles. It was hard, you have my admiration. 
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »
This is a tough time to be a chaplain. I have a friend who is an Army chaplain; he's considering resigning his commission.

You'll choose the right branch (cough, cough, Army)   :-)

The way I see it, this is the time when strong Christians are needed the most.  That's why I won't let it deter me from any decisions.

However, I can imagine it must be even worse for Chaplains in the military, especially since Obama was using the "shutdown" to try and affect religious services.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »
Welcome.
As I have mentioned in a few of my posts, I take classes at community college for self enrichment. Evening classes, one or two per semester. I just finished my 4th semester. This semester I took an English comp. class, the first non-math or science class since my college days which ended in 1981. In math and science, the discussion rarely went into politics or religion or current events/lifestyle. In English, every class it came up. I really had to hold back because I just wanted to get through the class and not fight any battles. It was hard, you have my admiration. 

I used to bite my tongue, but I've reached the point after these last two elections where I'm willing to just speak my mind.  The good thing about my school is that the professors usually do a good job of keeping their politics out of the classroom discussions.  It's usually the Feminazi or liberal students who make a point of turning every discussion into an argument. 

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 08:05:36 PM »
Welcome to the cave...missed this when you first started posting my apologies. As far as biting your tongue goes....if you study the left and use the same tactics on them they try with you, with one exception use FACTS. Their heads explode and they go into meltdown.....they are truly morons.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
Welcome to the cave...missed this when you first started posting my apologies. As far as biting your tongue goes....if you study the left and use the same tactics on them they try with you, with one exception use FACTS. Their heads explode and they go into meltdown.....they are truly morons.

Liberals are allergic to facts.  Every time I use facts or statistics and win an argument, I'm usually accused of hating children, or wanting kids with cancer to die. 

I just laugh it off at this point. 

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »
There again all you have to do is bring up the FACTS about things and they are the ones that want all that....they just blame it on someone else mainly the opposition party.I wish Darwin would step up his game and rid us of this parasite and I would be golden.....
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.