Author Topic: The Horror! Food Stamp Cut Bouncy  (Read 7506 times)

Offline jb2u11

Re: The Horror! Food Stamp Cut Bouncy
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 11:46:04 AM »
 B Calm (19,900 posts)

14. I wonder if by cutting food stamps that it doesn't end up forcing

this do nothing ****ing congress to get off their dead asses and raise the minimum wage. . . wonder if they are smart enough to realize a raise in minimum wage would force employers to cut many entry level jobs

Fascism will come wrapped in a flag and carrying a Bible.............by a democrat. ~ Sinclair Lewis 1935

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 11:49:54 AM »
I'm still wondering how all these three-job-working, depleted-pantry-lamenting, meal-skipping, third-worldlike-starving, food-stamp-dependent 0bamaite democrats are at least a hundred pounds overweight.

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »
it's got to be the pot causing the munchies, when they come out of their drug induced stupor they can't remember what happened to all the food

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
Actually this movie says a lot about self desire on how we wish to die.   We have no choice as to whom we are born but in some cases we do have a choice as to how we are to die.

Some have no choice they die in an accident or killed by the bad guys.        Some lay in hospitals hooked up to machines in great pain.

In this movie the people have lived for years in utter devastation, the world they knew is gone, may have been many years since they saw a flower or a rushing brook, a deer in the forest or a clean ocean full of fish.

How to usher someone into that sweet night ??      To this day I wonder how Jackie Kennedy pulled off her passing, we most likely will never know.

I took it as the hopelessness of trying to improve a devastated society.  Sure, he had an out and a convenient way to go, but to me, the whole point was how artificial it was.  He had access to books and learning of how things were and should be but that was just not the same as the real deal.  His world had died and decayed long ago due to a grasping tyranical government and a willing society.  Much like many movies of the 70s, it illuminated the futility of it all.  Look at the Easy Riders and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry movies to see my point.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Dori

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 12:12:03 PM »
        Tree-hugger, I salute your husband and I hope you find a way to help him out.

What's her story anyway?  I poked around on some of her older posts.  She said she has student loans, and that she lost her license because she couldn't pay the renewal fee on said license?????

If her husband is working minimum wage and they are on SNAP, something doesn't smell right to me.

It sounds like he needs to stay home and take care of the kids while she works.

http://metamorphosis.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=3842668

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
What's her story anyway?  I poked around on some of her older posts.  She said she has student loans, and that she lost her license because she couldn't pay the renewal fee on said license?????

If her husband is working minimum wage and they are on SNAP, something doesn't smell right to me.

It sounds like he needs to stay home and take care of the kids while she works.

http://metamorphosis.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=3842668

Must be more to that story, every professional license I've ever heard of just goes to an 'Inactive' status if you don't pony up annually, you may have to pay a penalty to bring it back later but I've never heard of them revoking one.  Of course maybe her state has some Stalinist rules to squeeze out every dime every year from every licensee...some place like, say, Blue State Hell Californistan.  Maybe she couldn't pay it because she actually got fired in some spectacular failure mode, and the 'Lost license' thing is just a face-saver.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 01:01:34 PM »
How come we don't see any of the primitives accusing the tree hugging primitive of not giving all of the facts, like we see in the obamacare lemming threads?

After all, the same infallible government that established obamacare also runs the SNAP program.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »
Bullshit...when i was married still and we were a family of 5, our food budget was 450.00 and not a penny more and often I budgeted 20 or 30 less and saved it so I had extra $ during the holidays for all those nice little extras. These people have no concept that 'normal' families who pay for themselves can't budget much more and with the advent of forced healthcare is how they will budget less. Welcome to the real world dummies--I reckon many middle class families are going to have their grocery budgets slashed in half too by virtue of this forced monstrosity at the very least.

Offline jukin

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 01:09:39 PM »
Tree-Hugger (787 posts)
24. Adding to my own post

There's another thing that sucks .... heat. I'm freezing in my house. It was 50 degrees in there this morning. Cooler weather is on the horizon and we have zero money for heating. This pisses me off. Obviously, I am mad because I am living this situation, but I am also mad because no human being should have to worry about this shit!

I urge everyone to keep getting out to vote whenever elections come up. Even if it's not a big election year, go out and vote. Don't be complacent. Get these greedy ****s out of office and replace them with humans who will fight to guarantee a living wage. Millions of Americans need this to happen. While those baggers are crying over pictures of Eagles and flags, thinking it makes them patriotic, kids are going hungry and actual human beings are wearing threadbare clothing and freezing their assessment off in homes they can no longer afford. And they think *we* are the ones who are decaying the moral fiber of this nation.

My gut is this is a very elaborate and pre-planned bouncy. if true, these are the same people that are zealots in their belief of Darwinism? It's pretty clear that this person should be Darwined. These are the people that are holding the human race back.

This screed is basically a call for others to serve it and its family. For any lurking DUches, what I'm pissed about is that my tax bill is over a living wage. SO I alone am paying almost TWO living wage jobs and I get nothing for it. NOTHING. That's straight up slavery and I'm very much entitled (Because I pay for it) to bitch about it. To fight against the tyranny of the stupid and the lazy. You are not entitled to demand more from me and my family merely because you are here in the USA.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »
Response to Tree-Hugger (Original post)
Mon Dec 9, 2013, 12:23 PM

Star Member B Calm (19,901 posts)

14. I wonder if by cutting food stamps that it doesn't end up forcing
this do nothing ****ing congress to get off their dead asses and raise the minimum wage. . .
Poor BeeBalm needs to go back and read poor addled grAssWipes, comment.
Response to Tree-Hugger (Original post)
Mon Dec 9, 2013, 01:58 AM

grasswire (38,613 posts)

2. so they essentially cut it by the amount your husband's 3rd job makes?
After that, BeeBalm should consider how much the price if goods might increase.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
DUmmies don't really want a job or they would be all for sending illegal aliens back where they came from.

Illegal aliens, doing those jobs Americans refuse to do......because they don't have to if they always vote democrat.

Allow me to take a detour to point out the liberal luncacy of illegal aliens and unemployment...

The other day I tuned into 1150AM in LA to see who will be getting the ax once Rush and his fellow conservatives switch to that station next month.  randi rhodes was blathering on about how millions of unemployed people will lose their benefits in a few weeks unless the republican congress takes action.  Then she shifted gears and said how immigration reform will be so good for the economy because it will allow millions of illegals (my word, not hers) to come out of the shadows and get jobs where they can pay into the system, thus adding billions to the treasury in the form of taxes collected.  She didn't stop to think about or mention how these people "coming out of the shadows" were going to make it harder for those already unemployed to find employment.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 01:31:21 PM »
My gut is this is a very elaborate and pre-planned bouncy. if true, these are the same people that are zealots in their belief of Darwinism? It's pretty clear that this person should be Darwined. These are the people that are holding the human race back.

This screed is basically a call for others to serve it and its family. For any lurking DUches, what I'm pissed about is that my tax bill is over a living wage. SO I alone am paying almost TWO living wage jobs and I get nothing for it. NOTHING. That's straight up slavery and I'm very much entitled (Because I pay for it) to bitch about it. To fight against the tyranny of the stupid and the lazy. You are not entitled to demand more from me and my family merely because you are here in the USA.

No, I think it's legit, but in light of the comments of trying to increase her income via the ballot box, I withdraw my previous support.

Tree-hugger, who's put more dough in your hands: a Catholic charity, or the Democrats?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 02:01:33 PM »
Tree-Hugger (787 posts)

There's another thing that sucks .... heat. I'm freezing in my house. It was 50 degrees in there this morning. Cooler weather is on the horizon and we have zero money for heating. This pisses me off. Obviously, I am mad because I am living this situation, but I am also mad because no human being should have to worry about this shit!

I urge everyone to keep getting out to vote whenever elections come up. Even if it's not a big election year, go out and vote. Don't be complacent. Get these greedy ****s out of office and replace them with humans who will fight to guarantee a living wage. Millions of Americans need this to happen. While those baggers are crying over pictures of Eagles and flags, thinking it makes them patriotic, kids are going hungry and actual human beings are wearing threadbare clothing and freezing their assessment off in homes they can no longer afford. And they think *we* are the ones who are decaying the moral fiber of this nation.

FOAD parasite...you and your ilk have been voting for leftist pieces of shit for generations on the hope that it will win you a lottery of free stuff paid for by someone else.
What good has it done you...absolutely none.
You still live hand to mouth and you will never ever be anything but a loser because that is the horizon you have your eyes on.
You spend energy bitching and fussing about no one giving you things...if you took have that time to try to make yourself better you might actually find it happens.

God,these useless things piss me off,day in and day out gimme gimme gimme and then call everyone else mean because they don`t.
I would help anyone in the world that hit a hard spot but you ****ers I wouldn`t waste any piss on if you were on fire.
I hope you suffer miserably.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 02:06:19 PM »
Didn't Jimmy Carter tell us we couldn't have everything we wanted as a country?  Turn down your thermostats, put on a sweater, and shut your lights off.

I wonder if she still has cable.  She obviously has internet service.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »
Didn't Jimmy Carter tell us we couldn't have everything we wanted as a country?  Turn down your thermostats, put on a sweater, and shut your lights off.

I wonder if she still has cable.  She obviously has internet service.

Now that you mention it, all she needs to do is inflate her tires and tune up both her cars.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 02:10:58 PM »
Allow me to take a detour to point out the liberal luncacy of illegal aliens and unemployment...

The other day I tuned into 1150AM in LA to see who will be getting the ax once Rush and his fellow conservatives switch to that station next month.  randi rhodes was blathering on about how millions of unemployed people will lose their benefits in a few weeks unless the republican congress takes action.  Then she shifted gears and said how immigration reform will be so good for the economy because it will allow millions of illegals (my word, not hers) to come out of the shadows and get jobs where they can pay into the system, thus adding billions to the treasury in the form of taxes collected.  She didn't stop to think about or mention how these people "coming out of the shadows" were going to make it harder for those already unemployed to find employment.

Don't you know amnesty creates jobs?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »
Tree-Hugger (787 posts)

There's another thing that sucks .... heat. I'm freezing in my house. It was 50 degrees in there this morning. Cooler weather is on the horizon and we have zero money for heating.

and yet you DUmmies are so quick to want to end globull warming... :fuelfire:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Dori

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 02:45:20 PM »
How come we don't see any of the primitives accusing the tree hugging primitive of not giving all of the facts, like we see in the obamacare lemming threads?

She's pretty wordy.  She tells a lot about herself.

She's complaining about hubby making minimum wage, but a year ago she said he was a manager at Walmart and she's had experience as a health aid.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Karin

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »

One Barack Hussein Obama told us that we couldn't always expect to eat everything we wanted, or keep our homes at 72 degrees year round.  This is your preezy, treehugger. 

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 02:56:09 PM »
Bullshit...when i was married still and we were a family of 5, our food budget was 450.00 and not a penny more and often I budgeted 20 or 30 less and saved it so I had extra $ during the holidays for all those nice little extras. These people have no concept that 'normal' families who pay for themselves can't budget much more and with the advent of forced healthcare is how they will budget less. Welcome to the real world dummies--I reckon many middle class families are going to have their grocery budgets slashed in half too by virtue of this forced monstrosity at the very least.

I don't believe any of these stories.  The husband picked up a third job making 60 dollars a week?

What exactly is he doing? Mowing/shoveling the next door neighbor's house?

60 dollars a week, even at minimum wage, means he's only working an extra 10-12 hrs a week.

Maybe his wife should get off the internet, turn off Ellen, and supplement their income. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 02:57:54 PM »
One Barack Hussein Obama told us that we couldn't always expect to eat everything we wanted, or keep our homes at 72 degrees year round.  This is your preezy, treehugger. 

And they agreed with it because it was a shame on America comment. These idiots hate everything this country was founded on but want the benefits of a free society without having to earn them.

Offline Dori

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 03:00:30 PM »

She lives in PA and has two little kids.  I get cold if the house temp drops below 65.  Last night I had to get up and turn the heat on.  It was 32 outside in sunny Calif.  Not used to this.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 03:01:10 PM »
And they agreed with it because it was a shame on America comment. These idiots hate everything this country was founded on but want the benefits of a free society without having to earn them.

Hypocritical morons.  They castigate the Founding Fathers... they decry Columbus... they hate anyone who played a role in the creation of this great nation....

Meanwhile, they weep in the streets for a communist like Mandela.  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:06:54 PM by HawkHogan »

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »
She lives in PA and has two little kids.  I get cold if the house temp drops below 65.  Last night I had to get up and turn the heat on.  It was 32 outside in sunny Calif.  Not used to this.

It was cold, huh? I saw frost when I left the house this AM, which isn't unheard of, but rare this time of year.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2013, 03:06:15 PM »
[youtube=425,350]ETX1E__iVsE[/youtube]  [youtube=425,350]KCOd-qWZB_g[/youtube]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.