Author Topic: Orange Bowl  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Orange Bowl
« on: January 03, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
This isn't going to be funny. Sorry Kansas fans, you're about to see how weak your team actually is. VT is going to dismantle you. ...and I hate VT, just stating fact. Mizzou should have been in that slot.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: Orange Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:18:14 PM »
This isn't going to be funny. Sorry Kansas fans, you're about to see how weak your team actually is. VT is going to dismantle you. ...and I hate VT, just stating fact. Mizzou should have been in that slot.

Now you tell me. Oy! I changed my "pick em" pick at CU from VT to Kansas about an hour before kickoff. LOL

Well, I'm going to lose in that league anyway but fwiw, Kansas is off to a good start w/ten points off of VT INT's. 
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 08:20:19 PM »

Now you tell me. Oy! I changed my "pick em" pick at CU from VT to Kansas about an hour before kickoff. LOL

Well, I'm going to lose in that league anyway but fwiw, Kansas is off to a good start w/ten points off of VT INT's. 

Good move, moving it to Kansas. Seems like I was COMPLETELY wrong on this one. ...kinda like my dumbass was wrong on the Fiesta Bowl.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 08:55:54 PM »

Good move, moving it to Kansas. Seems like I was COMPLETELY wrong on this one. ...kinda like my dumbass was wrong on the Fiesta Bowl.

I could hardly believe it. Not the Sooner bowl loss (that was the 4th in a row, I think) but the way they just got killed. Total shocker.

Makes me think my Buckeye's have a chance. This whole year has been farking unpredictable as all get out.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 08:58:21 PM »
I could hardly believe it. Not the Sooner bowl loss (that was the 4th in a row, I think) but the way they just got killed. Total shocker.

Makes me think my Buckeye's have a chance. This whole year has been farking unpredictable as all get out.

I don't think it says anything about OSU, but I DO think it says a LOT about WVU.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 09:10:45 PM »

I don't think it says anything about OSU, but I DO think it says a LOT about WVU.

It at least says tOSU was lucky not to play them in the NC game.  :p I also think tOSU may have been lucky not to go to the Rose Bowl too, lol. (thank God so many teams backed out of the NC game at the last minute)  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 11:13:23 PM »
VT made a game of it in the end but congrats to Kansas on a really good year.

- Ayn Rand