Author Topic: Conservative Thanksgivings  (Read 5470 times)

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Conservative Thanksgivings
« on: November 25, 2013, 05:02:44 PM »
Since the DUmmies are already bitching and moaning about Thanksgiving, I thought we should share with them our plans for this fine day....

A 22 lb fresh turkey on the smoker...apple wood this year.
Mashed potatoes, gravy.
Cornbread dressing.
Spiced Rum Sweet potatoes
Corn pudding.
Home made biscuits.
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Bourbon (Bulleit) Chocolate Pecan Pie
Domaine Serene Evenstad Reserve Pinot Noir
Domaine Serere Evenstad Reserve Chardonnay

After dinner...
Hot buttered rum
Balvenie Double Wood scotch
Porto Kopke Colheita Port
Inniskillin Vidal ice wine.
Cuban (real) Cohiba cigars.

We will be having friends over, as our families are far from us. Our friends are as conservative as we are, and much fun will be made of obama and dimocrats in general.

Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Re: Conservative Thanksgivings
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »
Since the DUmmies are already bitching and moaning about Thanksgiving, I thought we should share with them our plans for this fine day....

A 22 lb fresh turkey on the smoker...apple wood this year.
Mashed potatoes, gravy.
Cornbread dressing.
Spiced Rum Sweet potatoes
Corn pudding.
Home made biscuits.
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Bourbon (Bulleit) Chocolate Pecan Pie
Domaine Serene Evenstad Reserve Pinot Noir
Domaine Serere Evenstad Reserve Chardonnay

After dinner...
Hot buttered rum
Balvenie Double Wood scotch
Porto Kopke Colheita Port
Inniskillin Vidal ice wine.
Cuban (real) Cohiba cigars.

We will be having friends over, as our families are far from us. Our friends are as conservative as we are, and much fun will be made of obama and dimocrats in general.

I am BannedFromDU, and I approve of this meal.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:37:29 PM »
Roasted turkey and baked ham
Two variations of cornbread dressing
Giblet gravy
Cranberry sauce
Fresh pole beans with ham hocks
Creamed corn
Macaroni and cheese or broccoli casserole
Yeast rolls
Iced tea and soft drinks

I doubt there'll be much talk of politics at the table. Last time we were all together my niece and her new husband made some crack about Sarah Palin and I declared loudly that the only reason liberals hate Palin is that her popularity scared the shit out of them in the Fall of 2008, and she stole the spotlight from St. Barry just a day or two after his famous Sermon On Mt. Olympus. They've never forgiven her for that.

There were no conversions, stunned silences, or cops jumping out of bushes, but the subject was changed rather abruptly.   :-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
Grilled steak.
Grilled potato
Grilled corn
Rye (Bulleit of course)
Afterwards, weather permitting, I will sit under the pear tree with more rye, and watch the squirrels fornicate in the backyard.
Life is good.
For this, I will be very thankful.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »
We are having the usual for about 15 family and friends;

Roast turkey
Roast Pork loin
Waldorf dressing
gravy
mashed potatoes
sautéed sweet potatoes (cooked in butter, brown sugar and lemon juice)
Fresh green beans with onion and bacon
Cranberry relish salad
Homemade rolls
Pumpkin and apple pies

Champaign, chardonnay and pinot grigio wines with dinner

Coffee and amaretto with desert

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:40:31 PM »

Rye (Bulleit of course)

WhistlePig and Templeton will do as well. Bulleit is a miracle of quality + economy, however.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »

WhistlePig and Templeton will do as well. Bulleit is a miracle of quality + economy, however.
I've heard the Whistle isn't too shabby. May have to try it some day.  :cheersmate:

BTW, I re-age my Bulleit in new oak casks (2 liter), for an additional 90 days.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 05:52:35 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »
We are going to go to a homeless shelter and spit in the food. You know cuz conservatives are big meanies.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 05:56:34 PM »
I have a 1% family tradition every Thanksgiving. We like to visit poor homes dressed as cops and take all their food. You have no idea how much fun it is to take a poor man's last potato.

we don't eat it of course. It has poor man cooties. so we dump the food in the river,
Then we have a good hearty laugh and go home to a real feast cooked by poor servants.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 05:57:15 PM »
We are going to go to a homeless shelter and spit in the food. You know cuz conservatives are big meanies.
I don't have time for that. I have squirrels to watch.  :naughty:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »
I have a 1% family tradition every Thanksgiving. We like to visit poor homes dressed as cops and take all their food. You have no idea how much fun it is to take a poor man's last potato.

we don't eat it of course. It has poor man cooties. so we dump the food in the river,
Then we have a good hearty laugh and go home to a real feast cooked by poor servants.

I forgot about that, we dress as cops, hide in the bushes and scare Indians.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 05:58:39 PM »
BTW, I re-age my Bulleit in new oak casks (2 liter), for an additional 90 days.

I age mine in my belly, with ice cubes.

There are few things more enjoyable than rye with a cigar. Scotch and cigars is good, but rye and cigars is from heaven.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline beefeater

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 05:59:51 PM »

And then we'll knock over a Sally (h/t Amber) bell ringer and steal their kettle!
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Conservative Thanksgivings
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 06:01:20 PM »
And then we'll knock over a Sally (h/t Amber) bell ringer and steal their kettle!

I piss in the kettle and give it back.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 06:09:09 PM »
    I age mine in my belly, with ice cubes.

There are few things more enjoyable than rye with a cigar. Scotch and cigars is good, but rye and cigars is from heaven.
I prefer my pipe. I mix a vanilla Cavendish and black Cavendish.
I used to some La Glorias years ago.  Good cigar, just moderately expensive.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 06:11:04 PM »
I am going to put this here, not to thumb noses at anyone- but because this is how I believe people should act- much to the horror of the DUmpmonkiez- in a true Christian fashion this holiday:

For some, Thanksgiving can be a time of frantically putting together a meal fit for a king- Ann D. noticed that too many people were not able to have the dinner that many of us were accustomed to, so she found a way to provide Thanksgiving dinner for those in the community. In 2002 Ann, Norma B. and Clarion C., plus many more volunteers helped make a Thanksgiving meal for people to enjoy that might not otherwise get the traditional dinner or may just need some extra company that day. Every year since then they have provided this blessing to many individuals and families.
The second year the turkeys were donated by an anonymous Donor. That individual has donated turkeys every year since and the Presbyterian Church of Gordon provides the facility for this wonderful event.
Each year the numbers have increased. The first year they served roughly 45 people. The last few years they have averaged around 85, and one year an astonishing 105 people shared this Thanksgiving dinner.
Over the years Ann became ill, but being blessed with faith and love she continued to help with all but one meal. The last year she helped all she could but her dear friend Norma insisted she rest. She suggested that Ann make a list of what she was thankful for this year instead. It went something like this, said Norma: My church and my faith. Dale my husband. My children and grandchildren. All my friends and this community.
Ann helped shed light on what being a community means. Putting her wants aside to help others during the holiday or any other day. This Thanksgiving make your own little list or do something a little extra for someone who might need a blessing. If you need a blessing then come to the Thanksgiving dinner at the Gordon Presbyterian Church on Thanksgiving day at noon.

The dinner my mother started 11 years ago is served free to anyone who attends. They don't need to be a member of the church and we have welcomed other denominations, the homeless, the less fortunate, and all into the doors. We send food home with any who would like it.
My mother passed away this spring of cancer, after fighting for ten years. This last year we had several native Americans come to join us. One of the ladies in the kitchen made a comment that 'these people' showed up and are taking too much food. My mother didn't say a word, but walked out slowly with a cane, sat down with 'these people' and spoke with them. My mother had been a teacher in town for 40 years and knew almost everyone in town. She thanked them for coming and personally helped them fill take away dinners for later- for  she knew they 'those people' may not have any other food in their house that evening.

So, this Thanksgiving I will be there, trying to fill my mothers shoes and giving a bit to those who need a bit.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 06:14:55 PM »
I prefer my pipe. I mix a vanilla Cavendish and black Cavendish.
I used to some La Glorias years ago.  Good cigar, just moderately expensive.

I just got a pipe myself. Cigars are great but sometimes I want a quicker smoke that won't clear the room out.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 06:15:11 PM »
Dutch...

:cheersmate: I'd give you two if I could.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »
I am going to put this here, not to thumb noses at anyone- but because this is how I believe people should act- much to the horror of the DUmpmonkiez- in a true Christian fashion this holiday:

For some, Thanksgiving can be a time of frantically putting together a meal fit for a king- Ann D. noticed that too many people were not able to have the dinner that many of us were accustomed to, so she found a way to provide Thanksgiving dinner for those in the community. In 2002 Ann, Norma B. and Clarion C., plus many more volunteers helped make a Thanksgiving meal for people to enjoy that might not otherwise get the traditional dinner or may just need some extra company that day. Every year since then they have provided this blessing to many individuals and families.
The second year the turkeys were donated by an anonymous Donor. That individual has donated turkeys every year since and the Presbyterian Church of Gordon provides the facility for this wonderful event.
Each year the numbers have increased. The first year they served roughly 45 people. The last few years they have averaged around 85, and one year an astonishing 105 people shared this Thanksgiving dinner.
Over the years Ann became ill, but being blessed with faith and love she continued to help with all but one meal. The last year she helped all she could but her dear friend Norma insisted she rest. She suggested that Ann make a list of what she was thankful for this year instead. It went something like this, said Norma: My church and my faith. Dale my husband. My children and grandchildren. All my friends and this community.
Ann helped shed light on what being a community means. Putting her wants aside to help others during the holiday or any other day. This Thanksgiving make your own little list or do something a little extra for someone who might need a blessing. If you need a blessing then come to the Thanksgiving dinner at the Gordon Presbyterian Church on Thanksgiving day at noon.

The dinner my mother started 11 years ago is served free to anyone who attends. They don't need to be a member of the church and we have welcomed other denominations, the homeless, the less fortunate, and all into the doors. We send food home with any who would like it.
My mother passed away this spring of cancer, after fighting for ten years. This last year we had several native Americans come to join us. One of the ladies in the kitchen made a comment that 'these people' showed up and are taking too much food. My mother didn't say a word, but walked out slowly with a cane, sat down with 'these people' and spoke with them. My mother had been a teacher in town for 40 years and knew almost everyone in town. She thanked them for coming and personally helped them fill take away dinners for later- for  she knew they 'those people' may not have any other food in their house that evening.

So, this Thanksgiving I will be there, trying to fill my mothers shoes and giving a bit to those who need a bit.

And THIS is why we are here. ^5.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »
I have not "done" Thanksgiving in years.  About 6 years ago we had a family reunion and celebrated in a restaurant.  But since my Mom passed, it seems empty.

My wife is not from the USA and my family is scattered.  Not much "there" there.

We do "tip our hat" to Thanksgiving.  This year we will have:

* Homemade guacamole and chips (the closest thing to a tradition we have every year)
* Baked duck with orange sauce
* Stuffing (but not stuffed in anything)
* Homemade mashed potatoes (OK, store-bought gravy)

But we WILL give thanks as always for the blessing God has bestowed on us.

And I will say a prayer for the blessings on my friends here at CC (and TOS and TOTOS DC).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »
I have not "done" Thanksgiving in years.  About 6 years ago we had a family reunion and celebrated in a restaurant.  But since my Mom passed, it seems empty.

My wife is not from the USA and my family is scattered.  Not much "there" there.

We do "tip our hat" to Thanksgiving.  This year we will have:

* Homemade guacamole and chips (the closest thing to a tradition we have every year)
* Baked duck with orange sauce
* Stuffing (but not stuffed in anything)
* Homemade mashed potatoes (OK, store-bought gravy)

But we WILL give thanks as always for the blessing God has bestowed on us.

And I will say a prayer for the blessings on my friends here at CC (and TOS and TOTOS DC).

We are likely grilling steaks. We don't much do Thanksgiving either, for similar reasons.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Dori

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 06:19:56 PM »
H5 to Dutch  -  That's a wonderful tradition to keep. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 06:20:18 PM »

Bless you dutch and the memory of your mom.

I miss mine and I know you miss yours.

What an awesome example (and HIGH BAR) she set for you and your progeny :)

This is what makes America great!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 06:23:24 PM »

I just got a pipe myself. Cigars are great but sometimes I want a quicker smoke that won't clear the room out.
We could bat this around for quite some time.
However, Dutch's comment puts to light what we should be thankful for.
I'd like to see it put as a separate post, to stand alone for all DUmpmonkies to see and read.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 06:33:14 PM »
My wife and I will be having dinner with our daughter, her husband and our four grandchildren at Ft. Stewart. Plus it is an open house dinner so any soldier at Ft. Stewart who doesn't have any family to spend Thanksgiving with is welcome to come by and eat with us.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.