Author Topic: Amber reminds us of her PTSD  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Amber reminds us of her PTSD
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2013, 03:09:52 PM »
Some one up a few, has been taking writing lessons from the Pittstain.  :banghead:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2013, 03:30:10 PM »
lorelai, please stop......just stop.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »

DITTO!!!
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »
DITTO!!!

Did anyone read past the 1st sentence?

Unless posted by well-known and interesting posters, NO ONE reads them long posts.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2013, 08:15:46 PM »

Unless posted by well-known and interesting posters, NO ONE reads them long posts.

Thank you for asking that question.
My answer is no.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »
:o

Jesus wept! Stop giving vesta a run for her money for long assed rambling post!

I caught the PSTD just from trying to read it.

bitchslap.

for everyone.

It was enough to give the Buddha ADD.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2013, 09:24:36 PM »
tl;dr
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2013, 09:38:36 PM »

As one who can also get wordy in her posts, I agree with you.  This is ridiculous. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »
Mentally-ill DUmpmonkeys always write loooong, rambling, disjointed posts. It would be so appreciated if they could stop beating around the bush and simply leave a nice concise suicide note, but right up until the last moment when they finally do the world a favor, they persist in these boring, endless, whiny diatribes.

DUmmies, especially the real nutjobs like the one currently hanging around here, are a lot like zoo monkeys. They're entertaining as hell when you go to the zoo, to their little island surrounded by a moat. You can watch them chase each other, gingerly wade into the water to retrieve a peanut, play with sticks, and toss crap at each other. They're funny and enjoyable.

But if you come home to find a zoo monkey swinging from your draperies, climbing on your china cabinet, it's another thing altogether. Their incessant noise, their offensive behavior, and their overpowering odor make them not the least enjoyable. They instantly become pests, vermin. But to the monkey, that's all just normal. Thank goodness they rarely last for long.

Offline JLO

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2013, 10:23:55 PM »

I did not read past the first sentence. 
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2013, 07:30:10 AM »

And even then I try to avoid them.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »
Lorelai- reality check.  It's time to stop.

We are strangers to you, and reasonable people do not talk about their mental health problems, medications, or sexual abuse history with strangers. Talk to your doctor, your pastor, your husband/boyfriend/girlfriend, your cat*, or your mother about these things- but not strangers on the Internet.

I know that you share this kind of thing with the drooling morons over at DU, but this isn't DU. There is are several reasons the rest of the world has the low opinion of DUmmies that we do; going into inappropriate detail about your mental health is one of them. Expecting affirmation of it is another.

*It's OK to talk to your cat. It's not OK to expect it to solve your problems.

I have to agree with Big Dog on this. I've known people on this forum for almost 10 years in some cases and most do not know anything about the things I've been through since I have not shared it with them and like others there have been some doozies that hit me over the emotional head like a sledgehammer. I consider it private business and I deal with anything that has affected me privately although I might as a point of reference discount things I see DU posting by postulating that others have been there too to show just how ridiculous the martyrdom is there. For example, LFR and the tornado, when people here have been through hurricanes, tornadoes, ice storms, and many of the military have done that on boats rolling around in the water or fully exposed to the elements while on duty protecting this country and its interests. If for no other reason, I don't know why anyone would want to share their vulnerabilities like that with just anyone. I would think folks would want to keep that with people they trusted to handle their fragility and vulnerability with some love and care. Just another way of looking at things...

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2013, 07:41:44 AM »
Mentally-ill DUmpmonkeys always write loooong, rambling, disjointed posts. It would be so appreciated if they could stop beating around the bush and simply leave a nice concise suicide note, but right up until the last moment when they finally do the world a favor, they persist in these boring, endless, whiny diatribes.

DUmmies, especially the real nutjobs like the one currently hanging around here, are a lot like zoo monkeys. They're entertaining as hell when you go to the zoo, to their little island surrounded by a moat. You can watch them chase each other, gingerly wade into the water to retrieve a peanut, play with sticks, and toss crap at each other. They're funny and enjoyable.

But if you come home to find a zoo monkey swinging from your draperies, climbing on your china cabinet, it's another thing altogether. Their incessant noise, their offensive behavior, and their overpowering odor make them not the least enjoyable. They instantly become pests, vermin. But to the monkey, that's all just normal. Thank goodness they rarely last for long.

Well said and very true.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »
I have to agree with Big Dog on this. I've known people on this forum for almost 10 years in some cases and most do not know anything about the things I've been through since I have not shared it with them and like others there have been some doozies that hit me over the emotional head like a sledgehammer. I consider it private business and I deal with anything that has affected me privately although I might as a point of reference discount things I see DU posting by postulating that others have been there too to show just how ridiculous the martyrdom is there. For example, LFR and the tornado, when people here have been through hurricanes, tornadoes, ice storms, and many of the military have done that on boats rolling around in the water or fully exposed to the elements while on duty protecting this country and its interests. If for no other reason, I don't know why anyone would want to share their vulnerabilities like that with just anyone. I would think folks would want to keep that with people they trusted to handle their fragility and vulnerability with some love and care. Just another way of looking at things...

Amen, jty--aside from a few things I've shared here over the years, most people here (even those of you on FB) see very little of what goes on in the lives of me, Scoobs, and the kids.  Girl has a new haircut?  Great.  Unloading my deepest darkest thoughts or experiences?  Not even close.

I've experienced more than most, less than others.  What I've seen and done makes me who I am.  When I start dwelling or living in the past, I stop growing.

I refuse to do that.  I've been lucky that I do not have PTSD, nor do I really believe I've been exposed to the kind of situations that would tend to lead to it.  As has been stated elsewhere, people who REALLY have the condition don't brag about it, or even talk about it much.  Amber is dysfunctional and needs help, to be sure, but PTSD?  Not even close.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »
Amber is dysfunctional and needs help, to be sure, but PTSD?  Not even close.
Amber Hoyt is sober as a judge compared to the wackonut Dump reject who's been posting here.

Amber's only problem is that she's dumber than a stump.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »
lorelai...if any of this is true just please make sure that you are actually getting real therapy and not just someone feeding you pharmaceuticals and ringing the cash register.

My gut feeling is that you will get better "treatment" just hanging out here,asking questions and listening to the answers from regular people that have all endured hardships but never once let them define their life or kept them from rising above.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2013, 11:35:07 AM »
Amen, jty--aside from a few things I've shared here over the years, most people here (even those of you on FB) see very little of what goes on in the lives of me, Scoobs, and the kids.  Girl has a new haircut?  Great.  Unloading my deepest darkest thoughts or experiences?  Not even close.

I've experienced more than most, less than others.  What I've seen and done makes me who I am.  When I start dwelling or living in the past, I stop growing.

I refuse to do that.  I've been lucky that I do not have PTSD, nor do I really believe I've been exposed to the kind of situations that would tend to lead to it.  As has been stated elsewhere, people who REALLY have the condition don't brag about it, or even talk about it much.  Amber is dysfunctional and needs help, to be sure, but PTSD?  Not even close.

Yup.  I've revealed some stuff about me, to people I trust, on here--not much, though.

PTSD?  Gotta agree with Sparky--not even close, from what I understand of PTSD.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2013, 12:02:54 PM »
I understand that some of this has been addressed by other posters, but I wanted to respond directly to you.  I want to make clear that I am not piling on.

Because I was trying not to post a ton as you guys are at least temporarily allowing me as a houseguest.  I apologize.

Unless you decide to shit in the sink, drag your ass across the carpet, and wipe your private parts with the drapes, you will encounter no problems at CC.  The fact that you haven't been shown the door for being a DUmp democrat should have told you that.

I'm sorry if somehow I've offended you by trying to let people know who might read this thread and be dealing with the trap of benzos prescribed in good faith by their doctor and taken in good faith) to deal with particularly nighttime "PTSD" issues a treatment that made a world of difference for me in one of my primary symptoms.

Two things:

1.  If you ever "offend" me, there will be no mistaking as to the what, where, when, why, how and my suggestions for remedy.  For the record, it takes a lot to "offend" me, unless it comes to matters of active duty/veterans.  

2.  This thread is not the place to tell everyone your success with nighttime "PTSD" treatments.  If you wish to pass on your secrets for success, find the proper forum and start a thread.

The quoted sentence was an attempt at an emotional brush-back pitch.  I'll let you know now that those don't put me in a sudden defensive posture, I've survived too many teenage drama queens to let it.  IE, I don't tolerate passive/aggressive behavior very well, and I damn sure expect better from an "adult".

Yes, I have.  

Then, why haven't you done it?

It's a blood pressure pill, pure and simple.  When taken at night, it reduces the affect of adrenaline rushes that can occur during nightmares and particularly the ones that cause night terrors.  

So you're depressing your system before you go to sleep?  That doesn't strike me as being a very smart thing to do.

I assume, at least, you mean how hard you have been hit, not how hard you hit.  

No, I didn't.  My words were very clear and concise.  Anyone can "hit", how well one does in life is a matter of how hard they can be "hit" and keep pushing forward.  You have to be able to withstand damage when it is delivered or you will never "win".

Had I meant what you said, I would have said it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:15:56 PM by wasp69 »
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2013, 12:13:16 PM »
Eh, I was pretty new when I posted that rant about everyone jumping on conspiracy theories about Sarah Palin's apparently miraculous and therefore impossible conception late in life.  I didn't get banned.  ;)  I also started up in primary season in 2008 as a Hillary supporter.

Good thing you didn't bitch about obamacare, you might have been one of the victims of a good, old fashioned chain drag around $kinner's internet Mogadishu

That, my dear, is a link to the grave dancing on a 10 year DUmp veteran that your Einsatzgruppen found to be having impure thoughts.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840