Author Topic: Question for the Proglodytes; RE: cyber-stalking  (Read 4222 times)

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
Re: Question for the Proglodytes; RE: cyber-stalking
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2013, 09:27:30 AM »
Here's the thing. No government program is nearly as effective. Think of how many hundreds of billions have been spent since the "War on Poverty."

You can't legislate charity. You can't legislate morality. It's not an accident that those of a conservative mindset are much more generous with their money to charity than those of a more liberal bent. And it's those street-level charities that have the most direct impact.

Nope or liberals would be against the law.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline lorelai

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »
But they don't applaud wildly in favor of gay marriage so they should be driven from the face of the earth.[/Proglodyte]

I'm not aware of Goodwill having a stance for or against gay marriage.  One of their biggest goals, however, is getting people off of welfare and into productive jobs, which is what my mother does with them.  She started out as a job placement counselor, going to businesses and asking if they had jobs they could make modifications to allow someone who wanted to work but had disabilities.  Later on they opened a Career Center to get the people in there shopping also applying for jobs, give them resume writing assistance, etc, and that's where she works now and hopes to retire from.

So from a fiscally conservative standpoint, I think it's a good organization.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2013, 02:37:14 PM »
I'm not aware of Goodwill having a stance for or against gay marriage.  One of their biggest goals, however, is getting people off of welfare and into productive jobs, which is what my mother does with them.  She started out as a job placement counselor, going to businesses and asking if they had jobs they could make modifications to allow someone who wanted to work but had disabilities.  Later on they opened a Career Center to get the people in there shopping also applying for jobs, give them resume writing assistance, etc, and that's where she works now and hopes to retire from.

So from a fiscally conservative standpoint, I think it's a good organization.

Goodwill is a good organization. I have yet to see anyone here dispute that.

But SGT Snuggle Bunny wasn't talking about Goodwill. He was talking about the Salvation Army, which is a religious organization and draws hisses from your fellow DUmpmonkeys - even those who use their services (see: The Tucson Tart).
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline lorelai

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2013, 03:13:41 PM »
Goodwill is a good organization. I have yet to see anyone here dispute that.

But SGT Snuggle Bunny wasn't talking about Goodwill. He was talking about the Salvation Army, which is a religious organization and draws hisses from your fellow DUmpmonkeys - even those who use their services (see: The Tucson Tart).

A slight bit of a bouncy, though it's not really bouncy.  My dad had to stay in several of their shelters over the course of his life.  He was atheist, but he was never offended about people trying to save his soul.  He needed the soup, shower, and bed too badly.  I think most of their clients feel the same.  I always put my change in, even if it might not be helping get to people like my dad, remembering that he used their services especially this time of year.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »
A slight bit of a bouncy, though it's not really bouncy.  My dad had to stay in several of their shelters over the course of his life.  He was atheist, but he was never offended about people trying to save his soul.  He needed the soup, shower, and bed too badly.  I think most of their clients feel the same.  I always put my change in, even if it might not be helping get to people like my dad, remembering that he used their services especially this time of year.

You're right, that's not a bouncy, but your fellow moonbats are the ones with the skewed vision of religious charities.

The truth about the Salvation Army, like rescue missions across the country, is that no one is forced to pray or listen to a sermon. It's not even a condition of receiving their services.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
A slight bit of a bouncy, though it's not really bouncy.  My dad had to stay in several of their shelters over the course of his life.  He was atheist, but he was never offended about people trying to save his soul.  He needed the soup, shower, and bed too badly.  I think most of their clients feel the same.  I always put my change in, even if it might not be helping get to people like my dad, remembering that he used their services especially this time of year.

What about the DUmbasses that will put what appears to be folding money into the Salvation Army's kettle but it's really a note that reads something like "I'm a queer that likes to get ****ed in the ass and give blow jobs. Because you're against it, I'm filling up you pot with phony money so that no one else can donate real money to you."

Every year some DUmmy will suggest this disruption ploy followed by 200 K&R's.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:33:00 AM by Tucker »
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2013, 05:34:03 PM »
Here's the thing. No government program is nearly as effective. Think of how many hundreds of billions have been spent since the "War on Poverty."

You can't legislate charity. You can't legislate morality. It's not an accident that those of a conservative mindset are much more generous with their money to charity than those of a more liberal bent. And it's those street-level charities that have the most direct impact.

Hundreds of billions?

Try TRILLIONS.  About $15 T at this count, with nearly $4 trillion since Obama took office:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-us-spent-37-trillion-welfare-over-last-5-years_764582.html

http://www.scribd.com/doc/88767476/The-American-Welfare-State-How-We-Spend-Nearly-1-Trillion-a-Year-Fighting-Poverty-And-Fail-Cato-Policy-Analysis-No-694
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline lorelai

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2013, 05:42:58 AM »
What about the DAmbasses that will put what appears to be folding money into the Salvation Army's kettle but it's really a note that reads something like "I'm a queer that likes to get ****ed in the ass and give blow jobs. Because you're against it, I'm filling up you pot with phony money so that no one else can donate real money to you."

And the first year I see it, I'll talk about my father staying in their shelters.  (I'm a bit sporadic on DU even if I've been around since 2008 primaries, didn't even know Olive Garden was verboten for two years.)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2013, 07:24:24 AM »
And the first year I see it, I'll talk about my father staying in their shelters.  (I'm a bit sporadic on DU even if I've been around since 2008 primaries, didn't even know Olive Garden was verboten for two years.)

Ma'am...

www.democraticunderground.com/10024081491

*tips hat*

BTW -- doesn't this whole "you should accept me for who I am" fake outrage strike you as hypocritical? How come these drama queens won't accept the SA?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2013, 09:46:19 AM »
Well, they can always give to that atheistic GLBTZZXRBQ which gives to the poor and hungry.

Oh. Wait.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline lorelai

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2013, 11:56:52 AM »
Ma'am...

www.democraticunderground.com/10024081491

*tips hat*

BTW -- doesn't this whole "you should accept me for who I am" fake outrage strike you as hypocritical? How come these drama queens won't accept the SA?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=4149239

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2013, 02:09:56 PM »
What about the DUmbasses that will put what appears to be folding money into the Salvation Army's kettle but it's really a note that reads something like "I'm a queer that likes to get ****ed in the ass and give blow jobs. Because you're against it, I'm filling up you pot with phony money so that no one else can donate real money to you."

They waste time, effort, and money printing those stupid things that could have been donated to someone who could of used it.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »
They waste time, effort, and money printing those stupid things that could have been donated to someone who could of used it.

DUmmies don't help people. They require help from people.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2013, 03:21:49 PM »
DUmmies don't help people. They require help from people.

That's true.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=4149239

You won't last much longer at DU if you keep that up. Especially if they see a connection between you being here and saying such things.

At least we'll still let you hang out.

Offline lorelai

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2013, 05:08:35 PM »
You won't last much longer at DU if you keep that up. Especially if they see a connection between you being here and saying such things.

At least we'll still let you hang out.

Actually it became my FB status.  Along with "If you want to donate to other charities this season, fine.  Just don't be a dick."

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »
BTW -- ^5 for having the integrity to do what you said you'd do.