Author Topic: Question for the Proglodytes; RE: cyber-stalking  (Read 4225 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Question for the Proglodytes; RE: cyber-stalking
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 05:32:36 PM »
CC is the only place I can put my insane ideas on and not get clobbered very often or sent a packing.

I appreciate the members as they do not boot me out the door as DU does with those that disagree with the ideas of others.

Some where there has to be someone who understands what I am trying to say. Perhaps I do not state my ideas with equivalence and or what ever, but CC has  allowed me to post for what ever their own reasons and It has been great fun so far.

Um.... no.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »
Since you asked a proglodyte....

It's only stalking, to me, when information is used outside of posting on here to make fun of DUers.  For example, if someone learned my address and phone number and sent me threatening letters or phone calls or texts.

Or, if you only make accounts to get up to 50 posts to PM and then message people mean things on DU. 

Other than that.... I think it's rather amusing that conservatives find us so amusing.  I do wish there was a forum where Libs and Conservatives could have rational, sane discussion.  But I'm sure both sides would think that impossible, for various different reasons.  (I've been a good houseguest at Redstate using the same name I use on DU).

Hi 5 for having the brass to show up.

Pick you're topic; I'll play.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »
I wasn't sure if it was allowed, so I'd just been lurking, but I did respond to another post.  I'm Moriah.  I'm currently on MIRT but not active -- life intervened.

Liberals are welcome here, as long as you don't think cheapshots substitute for intelligence (DUmmie Laelth) or that propaganda and seething hatred are endearing qualities (DUmmie Bainsbane).

Second, there is no Thoughtcrime Einsatzgruppen on CC.  I'll leave it to you to decide whether that's good or bad.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
CC is the only place I can put my insane ideas on and not get clobbered very often or sent a packing.

Oh, you get clobbered, dearest.  Believe me.

And yes, they are insane.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »
There was a web site called Neutural Underground that supposedly allowed both sides to post and have their say. I found that if any person that had conservative views called out a liberal their on theirs the Admins would do everything they could from sending Pm's to the conservatives to outright bans to protect the liberals. The result of all that was the Conservatives left  and the site folded after a short time. So it's been tried but in that case it failed.

Here you may find some are conservative and others more libertarian. One thing though is we don't stalk anyone. One or more of our members here have had their employers called or their chain of Command in the military not once but several times and harassed on line in the forums they reside on. So just cut and pastings of things posted on a public forum does not meet the definition of stalking.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 03:36:42 PM »
There was a web site called Neutural Underground that supposedly allowed both sides to post and have their say. I found that if any person that had conservative views called out a liberal their on theirs the Admins would do everything they could from sending Pm's to the conservatives to outright bans to protect the liberals. The result of all that was the Conservatives left  and the site folded after a short time. So it's been tried but in that case it failed.

Here you may find some are conservative and others more libertarian. One thing though is we don't stalk anyone. One or more of our members here have had their employers called or their chain of Command in the military not once but several times and harassed on line in the forums they reside on. So just cut and pastings of things posted on a public forum does not meet the definition of stalking.

NU ceased to exist last year. It was already non active as many members left from 2008 to 2010.

I remember the Clown Posse. What a bunch scumbags! :mental: I also remember DUmmies harassing some banned DUmmies who posted at CU.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:39:03 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »
Since you asked a proglodyte....

It's only stalking, to me, when information is used outside of posting on here to make fun of DUers.  For example, if someone learned my address and phone number and sent me threatening letters or phone calls or texts.

Or, if you only make accounts to get up to 50 posts to PM and then message people mean things on DU. 

Other than that.... I think it's rather amusing that conservatives find us so amusing.  I do wish there was a forum where Libs and Conservatives could have rational, sane discussion.  But I'm sure both sides would think that impossible, for various different reasons.  (I've been a good houseguest at Redstate using the same name I use on DU).

I used to find you leftists amusing, but as more and more of your policies are becoming reality I am starting to have nothing but contempt for you. You people roasted Bush for an unemployment rate of 4.5% then just a few years later 7.9% was said to be a roaring economy.

I'm sick of the propaganda coming from your president and I'm sick of you leftists repeating his lies and screeching racist at anyone who doesn't agree. Your catchphrase when Bush was in president, ( not a grammatical error I'm making fun of the Obamaphone woman), was dissent is patriotic, now you people call for dissenting repukes to be jailed for sabotaging the law.

I'm sick of your elitist attitude where you think you know whether people's insurance plans are junk or not, or how you determine we can't be trusted with guns. You can take your big government and shove it up your ass.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 04:02:04 PM »
I used to find you leftists amusing, but as more and more of your policies are becoming reality I am starting to have nothing but contempt for you. You people roasted Bush for an unemployment rate of 4.5% then just a few years later 7.9% was said to be a roaring economy.

I'm sick of the propaganda coming from your president and I'm sick of you leftists repeating his lies and screeching racist at anyone who doesn't agree. Your catchphrase when Bush was in president, ( not a grammatical error I'm making fun of the Obamaphone woman), was dissent is patriotic, now you people call for dissenting repukes to be jailed for sabotaging the law.

I'm sick of your elitist attitude where you think you know whether people's insurance plans are junk or not, or how you determine we can't be trusted with guns. You can take your big government and shove it up your ass.
:exactly:
I can't add anything to this. It's perfect.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »
NU ceased to exist last year. It was already non active as many members left from 2008 to 2010.

I remember the Clown Posse. What a bunch scumbags! :mental: I also remember DUmmies harassing some banned DUmmies who posted at CU.

Yeah The Clown Posse were a special bunch of genetic mistakes alright.And of course we all here will never forget the Ronulans who also took joy in chasing us out of the old home.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »
Yeah The Clown Posse were a special bunch of genetic mistakes alright.And of course we all here will never forget the Ronulans who also took joy in chasing us out of the old home.

I visited CP a couple of times as a lurker and was more sickened by them then the DUmp.
At least with DUmbasses you know deep down most are mentally and emotionally stunted so hardly know better.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 04:24:49 PM »

I agree with you.  I have grown resentful of the hypocrisy and attempts to control the lives of the American people. 

However, the worst thing to me is how liberals think that somehow the financial security that my husband and I have sacrificed to build up all these years should somehow be redistributed among people who haven't earned it.  We have lived responsibly and paid our own way so that we would not have to be taken care of by anyone.  President Obama and liberals seem to think we are selfish because we might have built up a nest egg to take care of ourselves and that they should be able to tap into that to redistribute however they wish. 

It pisses me off.  You just don't f****** mess with people and their money.  If we want to be charitable, we will be charitable.  If we can't or don't want to, that's OUR DECISION. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 05:40:37 PM »
:exactly:
I can't add anything to this. It's perfect.

Thank you!
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »

I agree with you.  I have grown resentful of the hypocrisy and attempts to control the lives of the American people. 

However, the worst thing to me is how liberals think that somehow the financial security that my husband and I have sacrificed to build up all these years should somehow be redistributed among people who haven't earned it.  We have lived responsibly and paid our own way so that we would not have to be taken care of by anyone.  President Obama and liberals seem to think we are selfish because we might have built up a nest egg to take care of ourselves and that they should be able to tap into that to redistribute however they wish. 

It pisses me off.  You just don't f****** mess with people and their money.  If we want to be charitable, we will be charitable.  If we can't or don't want to, that's OUR DECISION.

Well you silly teahadist don't you know it isn't fair that you and your husband didn't blow all your money on weed and Cheetos? Not everyone has the discipline to pay their bills and save money for their own retirement, so it's only fair that those who choose poorly should be able to dip in to your savings account. Sadly some folks from DU will agree with that.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2013, 08:05:19 PM »
If I recall, the Clown Posse were 100 Perecenters and Ronulans.

I visited CP a couple of times as a lurker and was more sickened by them then the DUmp.
At least with DUmbasses you know deep down most are mentally and emotionally stunted so hardly know better.
I lurked at CP and was appalled. They are a scary bunch!  :o :bolt:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2013, 01:26:13 AM »

Bravo!   :clap:
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline lorelai

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »

It was much, much easier to defend liberal tax and redistribution policies when I was working full-time and paying more taxes as a single person with no kids than my other coworkers.  I never complained about the fact I was paying more because they had larger families and child tax credits, even though our salaries were averaging the same.  It seemed fair since I could afford it more than they could.  Now that I'm on the taking end insofar as becoming a participant in my state's Medicaid expansion, those arguments become much harder to make.  I still pay some taxes, but your tax dollars are going to buy me a plan on the Exchange.  That's not something I can tell you is right, all I can say is that I'm grateful and hopeful that proper medical and psychiatric treatment will actually save taxpayers money in the end.

See, though, it's that attitude that supports the liberal assumption that people would only be charitable if forced -- that people in general do not see charity as an obligation but rather a decision.  Not trying to be offensive.  I'm sure you and your family actually do donate to charities that you feel are worthwhile causes, or tithe at church, or voluntarily give another way even if only of your time.  But that's one argument that's often used.  And I can understand anger about being forced into ANYthing.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »
It was much, much easier to defend liberal tax and redistribution policies when I was working full-time and paying more taxes as a single person with no kids than my other coworkers.  I never complained about the fact I was paying more because they had larger families and child tax credits, even though our salaries were averaging the same.  It seemed fair since I could afford it more than they could.  Now that I'm on the taking end insofar as becoming a participant in my state's Medicaid expansion, those arguments become much harder to make.  I still pay some taxes, but your tax dollars are going to buy me a plan on the Exchange.  That's not something I can tell you is right, all I can say is that I'm grateful and hopeful that proper medical and psychiatric treatment will actually save taxpayers money in the end.

See, though, it's that attitude that supports the liberal assumption that people would only be charitable if forced -- that people in general do not see charity as an obligation but rather a decision.  Not trying to be offensive.  I'm sure you and your family actually do donate to charities that you feel are worthwhile causes, or tithe at church, or voluntarily give another way even if only of your time.  But that's one argument that's often used.  And I can understand anger about being forced into ANYthing.

Consider the fact that our own vice president, Joe Biden, gives very little of his money to charity.  But he sure screams that there are PEOPLE IN NEED.  In fact, we give MORE to charity than Biden has ever done.  The Obamas never gave to charity until they needed to, to make themselves look good to voters. 

We NEVER give money to the Red Cross, United Way, or any of these other national charities because far too much of it goes to "administrative costs," and far too little goes to those actually in need. 

The liberals in government don't care about those in need.  Those in need are just pawns in the liberal party's need for power and control over those tax dollars.  I liken it to a silly child's game.  Hand Barack Obama one hundred $1 bills and there will be two stacks.  The stack with $2 in it goes to the people in need.  The stack with $98 goes to administrative costs, lobbyists, and government employees. 

And there's the problem, and that is why people are so resentful of having to hand over their hard-earned money to the government. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2013, 03:51:34 PM »

Consider the fact that our own vice president, Joe Biden, gives very little of his money to charity.  But he sure screams that there are PEOPLE IN NEED.  In fact, we give MORE to charity than Biden has ever done.  The Obamas never gave to charity until they needed to, to make themselves look good to voters. 

We NEVER give money to the Red Cross, United Way, or any of these other national charities because far too much of it goes to "administrative costs," and far too little goes to those actually in need. 

The liberals in government don't care about those in need.  Those in need are just pawns in the liberal party's need for power and control over those tax dollars.  I liken it to a silly child's game.  Hand Barack Obama one hundred $1 bills and there will be two stacks.  The stack with $2 in it goes to the people in need.  The stack with $98 goes to administrative costs, lobbyists, and government employees. 

And there's the problem, and that is why people are so resentful of having to hand over their hard-earned money to the government.

Exactly.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2013, 03:57:22 PM »

The world doesn't owe anyone a damn thing, this notion that people like you are owed part of our hard earned money is insane. When I make a dollar that dollar is mine and supposed to go to me taking care of myself, I don't need nor do I want anyone taking money from me to give to you so someone else can claim to care about you. Conservatives typically will give the shirt off our back to someone in need, however we resent it when you come to our house and start handing out our shirts to other people who will also demand a pair of pants to go with the shirt.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
"And I can understand anger about being forced into ANYthing."
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2013, 04:36:17 PM »
"And I can understand anger about being forced into ANYthing."

Are you sure about that?

Outside very leftish thinking, forcing an individual to buy a product or service simply because they are alive is an affront, on a personal level, to any definition of the word "liberty".

On top of that, its a federal power grab of outlandish dimension.

Yeah, you heard the hornets nest getting poked, and heard some buzzing, but remember this -  cACA is the stick that keeps on poking. It can't be forgotten, and no event or lack there of will put it on the back burner in the minds of any significant number of people.

I suspect '14 and '16 are going to be painful lessons to this effect.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »

Assume for a moment that I am the most stingy, miserly, mean-spirited rabbit you could ever have the misfortune to meet.

It's still not your job to steal from me in service to others.

I defy you to provide for me any objective proof that I owe anyone anything.

If you say, "We democratically passed a law" I will point out I can just as easily pass a law to let the poor fend for themselves.

If you appeal to religion I will demand you go the whole way.

If you claim some nebulous mantel of "decency" I am prepared to force you to impose decency by the barrel of a gun and show you just how indecent you really will become.

Wanna dance?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2013, 05:41:25 PM »

It is truly liberalism that has broken the darwinian cycle. You people keep taking from the ones who make it in life, and give to the ones that should not have.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Dori

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »
There is a huge difference between a safety social net and  entitlement laws.

The producers will (and have been) moving to other countries that don't punish productivity.  Once they are all gone and have taken the jobs with them who is going to be left to support the entitlement crowd?

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »
The producers will (and have been) moving to other countries that don't punish productivity.  Once they are all gone and have taken the jobs with them who is going to be left to support the entitlement crowd?

Hmmm... Who is John Galt?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »
Assume for a moment that I am the most stingy, miserly, mean-spirited rabbit you could ever have the misfortune to meet.

It's still not your job to steal from me in service to others.

I defy you to provide for me any objective proof that I owe anyone anything.

If you say, "We democratically passed a law" I will point out I can just as easily pass a law to let the poor fend for themselves.

If you appeal to religion I will demand you go the whole way.

If you claim some nebulous mantel of "decency" I am prepared to force you to impose decency by the barrel of a gun and show you just how indecent you really will become.

Wanna dance? [ Quote/ ]     

After  911 the red cross  received millions  of dollars  to dispense among  the victim family's .   Funny thing Most of the money we sent to the family's never got there.