Author Topic: IPAD windows clones. I want to get one for Christmas.  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

IPAD windows clones. I want to get one for Christmas.
« on: November 23, 2013, 05:44:57 PM »
Here's the deal. I'm going on a Disney World trip in January. I want a simple IPAD computer to take with me. BUT. I do not want to learn Apple systems.

What I want is one of the windows clones that does all the same things. The only reason I want this is to maybe play movies, stay connected to the internet, and get news I can trust instead of depending on CNN for a week.

Do you all have any recommendations? I do not want a tiny smartphone. I've no one to call, and I don't need a monthly fee. I want something to connect to free wireless. (that said, I've never had anything that connected  to wireless.)

Do you have anything you like? (and can I download a book like a kindle?)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: IPAD windows clones. I want to get one for Christmas.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 05:58:02 PM »
Have you looked at a Google Chromebook?  They're relatively inexpensive.

If you want Kindle compatibility, there are Kindle Reader apps for nearly every platform.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
I have an ipad mini and it really didn't take much to learn how to use it.

There are several windows tablets and android tablets, I would check out the best buy website and amazon and find what sounds good to you and read the reviews.

If you don't mind android I would guess the kindle fire would suit your needs. I haven't messed with any of the windows tablets so can't say anything about them. I do know that you can get a kindle app for any tablet and read books on it.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »
My wife has a pretty good android tablet.  It does e-mail and web browsing--- and facebook --- I haven't tested it myself, but it's her traveling gadget for trips shorter than a week.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels