Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Thanksgiving Dinner  (Read 2434 times)

Offline lastparker

Re: DUmmies Discuss Thanksgiving Dinner
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »
Beets!  Gross!  Plus they stain everything else on the plate purple.   I can't even walk past them in a grocery store without shuddering.  Know what else makes me sick?  Vegan foods.  I have to work with certain lists of foods, and here are some examples that make me nauseated just working with their invoices, etc. 

Leanie Wienies

I'm queasy just typing them. 

:-)
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Dori

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2013, 08:41:09 AM »
Beets!  Gross! 

I love beets.  Fresh beets with butter, or even the pickled ones in a jar. 

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2013, 08:53:34 AM »
Wait just one damn minute!  Why are they celebrating such a racist holiday?  I thought they were so sensitive.  As a one drop Cherokee I'm offended.

That's one drop more than the senior Senator from Massivetwoshits.  Those high cheekbones are a dead giveaway.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2013, 10:00:29 PM »
Beets!  Gross!  Plus they stain everything else on the plate purple.   I can't even walk past them in a grocery store without shuddering. 

I used to say the same thing till Totts cooked them for me for the first time HER way....now is a different story. I wont eat my moms beets cause they are the same old shite it was when I was a kid. Keep your mind open to new things ......you might be surprised.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2013, 10:03:57 PM »
I love beets.  Fresh beets with butter, or even the pickled ones in a jar. 

Beets are too sweet for my taste.  I'll eat them with other roasted vegetables, but only in very small amounts. 

Offline Dori

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2013, 10:27:42 PM »
Beets are too sweet for my taste.  I'll eat them with other roasted vegetables, but only in very amounts. 

Red garden beets aren't really sweet naturally like the white sugar beet.  The red sweet ones have been pickled that way.

I like fresh beets, boiled in their skins, peeled and sliced.  I like mine with butter.  You can pickle your own by cooking in a sugar and vinegar syrup. 

They are really nutritious. 
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/nutritional-value-of-beets.html
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2013, 10:46:39 PM »
Red garden beets aren't really sweet naturally like the white sugar beet.  The red sweet ones have been pickled that way.

I like fresh beets, boiled in their skins, peeled and sliced.  I like mine with butter.  You can pickle your own by cooking in a sugar and vinegar syrup. 

They are really nutritious. 
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/nutritional-value-of-beets.html

I'm weird about sweet vegetables and meat.  I won't eat ham with a sweet glaze, and cooked carrots and peas are both too sweet for my taste, though I love raw peas and carrots.  I know that beets are really nutritious, which is why I try to cook them every so often, I just need to make sure that they aren't the focus of the dish.   

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2013, 10:49:51 PM »
Tots roasts them and they are not sweet....That is what I hated about my moms growing up was they were sweet like candy. I cant get enough of them now. I like chocolate when I want something sweet, I don't like sweet vegetables.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »
Tots roasts them and they are not sweet....That is what I hated about my moms growing up was they were sweet like candy. I cant get enough of them now. I like chocolate when I want something sweet, I don't like sweet vegetables.
You know I can already bust you on "sweet meat", don't you.  :lmao:
Calf fries, Rocky Mountain Oysters.......  :tongue:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 11:03:11 PM »
You know I can already bust you on "sweet meat", don't you.  :lmao:
Calf fries, Rocky Mountain Oysters.......  :tongue:

LOL NO SWEET MEATS....... :puke: You can keep your Bovinae balls for yourself..... :tongue:
besides I said nothing of sweet meats goofy...I was referring to BEETS....hehe

Offline Dori

« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2013, 11:08:53 PM »
I'm weird about sweet vegetables and meat.  I won't eat ham with a sweet glaze, and cooked carrots and peas are both too sweet for my taste, though I love raw peas and carrots.  I know that beets are really nutritious, which is why I try to cook them every so often, I just need to make sure that they aren't the focus of the dish.  

I kind of get that.  I don't care for teriyaki because of the sugar, but don't have a problem with eating meat with sweet bbq sauce on it.  Go figure.

But I'm really against sugar in Italian cooking.  Especially spaghetti sauce.  All the prepared one's and even a lot in restaurants put sugar in theirs.   Yuk.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:11:26 PM by Dori »

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2013, 11:21:33 PM »
LOL NO SWEET MEATS....... :puke: You can keep your Bovinae balls for yourself..... :tongue:
besides I said nothing of sweet meats goofy...I was referring to BEETS....hehe
I don't like sweet vegetables.
I'd offer a shovel, but, it's more fun to watch him dig with his hands.  :evillaugh:  :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2013, 11:35:03 PM »
I'd offer a shovel, but, it's more fun to watch him dig with his hands.  :evillaugh:  :lmao:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:.... :rotf: :rotf: HAHA

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and  :cheersmate:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2013, 11:28:26 AM »
The worst thing about having dinner at a DUmmy's hovel would be the filth.

Would you eat food that had been handled by Fat Che's little homo brother? Or that bald fizzgig lunatic?

DUmmy hippywife was a mainstay of the cooking group, until her husband cut her into pieces and ate her. She posted photos of her kitchen, and it was a grimy mess.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »
The worst thing about having dinner at a DUmmy's hovel would be the filth.

Would you eat food that had been handled by Fat Che's little homo brother? Or that bald fizzgig lunatic?

DUmmy hippywife was a mainstay of the cooking group, until her husband cut her into pieces and ate her. She posted photos of her kitchen, and it was a grimy mess.

Do you remember when Lioness Pryanka posted pictures of her apartment and the piles of filth in the background?   :o

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
onion dip (we cut the mayo in half and make it up with greek yogurt)

Onion Dip is supposed to be made with sour cream.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats