Author Topic: Regular Car Reviews  (Read 10504 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Regular Car Reviews
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 10:59:11 PM »
Many years ago, my brother hauled a pellet stove back to MO from OR.  He used his MR2 and a two wheeled flatbed trailer he hitched to the car. 

On the way back, he got stranded off the interstate in WY for a few days because of a snowstorm.  I can only imagine how miserable that would be in an MR2. 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 11:55:13 PM »
Many years ago, my brother hauled a pellet stove back to MO from OR.  He used his MR2 and a two wheeled flatbed trailer he hitched to the car. 

On the way back, he got stranded off the interstate in WY for a few days because of a snowstorm.  I can only imagine how miserable that would be in an MR2. 

My ex g/f sent me to Home Depot to buy 2 small potted trees. She was working in the front yard and when I got close to her house, she almost busted a gut laughing. I had taken the T-Tops off and the trees were sticking a good two feet above the roof top.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »
My ex g/f sent me to Home Depot to buy 2 small potted trees. She was working in the front yard and when I got close to her house, she almost busted a gut laughing. I had taken the T-Tops off and the trees were sticking a good two feet above the roof top.

Was this in an MR with t-tops?  Nice. 

I would like to go the record as being pro-t-tops.  They are much better than sun or moonroofs.  I don't have a reason, other than they are.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »
I would like to go the record as being pro-t-tops.  They are much better than sun or moonroofs.  I don't have a reason, other than they are.
All the benefits of a convertible with none of the hassle.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »
All the benefits of a convertible with none of the hassle.

Rightly said, my automotive doppelganger.

When you think about it, modern cars with retractable hardtops are attempting to do the same thing that t-tops already did for much cheaper (and with less weight) years ago:  a top down driving experience with closed-roof looks and climate isolating capabilities. 

It was only after I bought my B that I realized everything I really wanted in a convertible I had in my old ZX. 

Man, I miss that thing. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »
Once I get rid of this damned Honda that's been bogarting my driveway, I'm buying another one.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 09:01:32 PM »
Was this in an MR with t-tops?  Nice. 

I think most of the supercharged MR2's had T-tops. Mine did. Never had a problem with the top leaking either. I would love to find 89 S.C. that has less than 60k miles. Toyota added the traction control or limited slip d. as original equipment which was not offered on the 88.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 12:10:50 AM »
Once I get rid of this damned Honda that's been bogarting my driveway, I'm buying another one.

Is that the one with the title issues?

How much do you have sunk into it?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 03:05:43 PM »
Two grand and one missing certified letter that I needed to start on the paperwork.  I have to go back to the Post Office and sent another certified letter, but I've been too busy to leave the office and wait in line.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »
Oh hell naw.  This guy ain't right.  :lmao:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KZb545b4MU[/youtube]